Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red nose flusher journey

Quote Originally Posted by przemek View Post
    I also had a nose problem, the laser made it worse.
    I have recently used the SUMAMED/ Azithromycin antibiotic (macrolide antibiotics))
    I think it was an inflammatory condition of the subcutaneous tissue from Staphylococcus aureus.
    Yes, I think it is a staph that got deeper in the skin due to too strong laser treatment that greatly weakened the skin's immune system. This antibiotic helped me a lot and what surprised me a lot was the positive effect after 3 hours of use.

Consider whether you have cellulitis / subcutaneous tissue inflammation. Because it is possible from staph or other bacteria.
    Right now my inflammation has changed a lot and my skin is the best I've had since a nose problem
    I also notice a positive effect in my nose from antibiotics.
    For me it took a while (3 wks after flagyl, 4 wks after keflex). It surprised me too as doctors always told me my nose problem was neurovascular.
    There is a publication that says the authors have noticed laser can stir up the immune system in counterproductive ways and raises the consideration (at least in some patients) antibiotics with laser together instead of just laser. This makes a lot of sense to me (except some antibiotics can affect photosensitivity, so not sure about that)
    I might switch to azithromycin to see if that is better than my current keflex.

ps - my friend who also has the flushing nose / burning nose issue has diagnosed vasculitis as well which i think is interesting
    Last edited by laser_cat; 29th May 2020 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by przemek View Post
    I also had a nose problem, the laser made it worse.
    I have recently used the SUMAMED/ Azithromycin antibiotic (macrolide antibiotics))
    I think it was an inflammatory condition of the subcutaneous tissue from Staphylococcus aureus.
    Yes, I think it is a staph that got deeper in the skin due to too strong laser treatment that greatly weakened the skin's immune system. This antibiotic helped me a lot and what surprised me a lot was the positive effect after 3 hours of use.

Consider whether you have cellulitis / subcutaneous tissue inflammation. Because it is possible from staph or other bacteria.
    Right now my inflammation has changed a lot and my skin is the best I've had since a nose problem
    What were you symptoms? I have had rosacea for five years, would that be possible with a cellulitis / subcutaneous tissue inflammation problem? I don't think I have that but I just want to compare to see if its possible

Quote Originally Posted by laser_cat View Post
    I also notice a positive effect in my nose from antibiotics.
    For me it took a while (3 wks after flagyl, 4 wks after keflex). It surprised me too as doctors always told me my nose problem was neurovascular.
    There is a publication that says the authors have noticed laser can stir up the immune system in counterproductive ways and raises the consideration (at least in some patients) antibiotics with laser together instead of just laser. This makes a lot of sense to me (except some antibiotics can affect photosensitivity, so not sure about that)
    I might switch to azithromycin to see if that is better than my current keflex.

ps - my friend who also has the flushing nose / burning nose issue has diagnosed vasculitis as well which i think is interesting
    I wold say mine is nerovascular as well since I have EM. After your antibiotic treatments you don't have flushing in the nose? Also, did it affect your baseline redness?

Just got my cosmetic zz cream in the mail! Today will be day 1.

I haven't updated the zz cream trial because I think I might have had a reaction when I sampled it on my arm. I am going to try again soon and will update.