Thread: newbie and pics

Default newbie and pics

Hi my rash is getting me down . had it 3 years, much worse in summer in sunshine, and after eating. It has little yellow heads in it sorry and like spider veins. I use cera ve moisturiser and la roche posay 50 pluse sunscreen .Wipe my face with cooton wool and micellar simple mineral water .Any advice would be grateful will see a gp after covids finished .I've had this for 5 years approx. and im 49 , very ginger skin . sorry im a newbie not good at posting
    Attached Images

Have you been to a physician and received a diagnosis? There are a number of different skin conditions to differentiate from rosacea. Newbies should read this first. Read this one second.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi

Hi sorry for my persistence im not very good at posting so excuse me if i get it wrong lol. im learning. I do get flushing but only the last few months thought it was the change. I am a nurse unfortunately have had covid but going sort this out as soon as I can. Every summer seems worse.Yes when i hold a magnifying mirror on my face it looks awful i can see alll the spider veins and little white heads. Im so worried in case these comes on my nose at some point. Thanks for the info I will have a read about these phenotypes . My sister has flushing as well and as a much brighter colour than me .Im fair and freckly as my mams ginger. I would like to read some tips on products that may help like face washes and moisturisers.

Quote Originally Posted by happybod View Post
    Hi sorry for my persistence im not very good at posting so excuse me if i get it wrong lol. im learning. I do get flushing but only the last few months thought it was the change. I am a nurse unfortunately have had covid but going sort this out as soon as I can. Every summer seems worse.Yes when i hold a magnifying mirror on my face it looks awful i can see alll the spider veins and little white heads. Im so worried in case these comes on my nose at some point. Thanks for the info I will have a read about these phenotypes . My sister has flushing as well and as a much brighter colour than me .Im fair and freckly as my mams ginger. I would like to read some tips on products that may help like face washes and moisturisers.
    Wow! As far as I know you are the first one in RF to mention having Covid-19. How long has it been since you first knew you had Covid-19? Apparently, when you said, 'Will obviously be seeking medical advice when covids over' in your other post, you still have Covid-19? I wasn't criticizing you for your persistence, I was commending you for it.

You being a nurse, I would also assume you received a diagnosis of rosacea, or what skin condition did you receive a diagnosis? But it appears you haven't yet received a diagnosis, however, you are seeing physicians, so you might want to ask any physician you see about your facial skin issues the next time you see one, in particular, ask about taking oral ivermectin, since it is being considered for Coronavirus as well as used to treat rosacea.

It is interesting to note that there are, so far, as of this date, five treatments for rosacea that are being investigated to treat coronavirus. The second post in this coronavirus post mentions there has been some skin issues with the coronavirus.

You have to be careful in using face washes and moisturizers since they may irritate rosacea sensitive skin. With cleansing, sometimes it is best to just use warm water (some insist on only using distilled water without any chorine, etc!). There isn't really any consensus on what to use for cleansing but you might consider a simple soap like ivory that doesn't have a number of chemicals. Some use a sulphur soap since sulphur has been used for a very long time to treat rosacea. Just be aware that sulphur soap will dry your skin. An apple cider vinegar soap might be considered.

As for moisturizers, again, there is no consensus, however, if you do have dry skin, rose hip oil seems to be tolerated by many and is mentioned many times in RF (do a search in the box here at RF and type in 'moisturizer' and spend twenty minutes reading the results). You might ask your physician(s) regarding the rosacea treatments mentioned that are for rosacea that are being investigated for coronavirus, particularly taking oral ivermectin.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 26th April 2020 at 07:13 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi