Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Cheap, Highly Effective, 2 week, Oral Treatment for Demodex Skin Mites

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    Attachment 5707

Well I don’t know if it’s die off but I have a few more spots than normal and chin is very itchy
    Probably die off.

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineA View Post
    Probably die off.
    Well it’s 5 days after 2nd dose and I have zits popping up everywhere.

Well it’s 5 days after 2nd dose and I have zits popping up everywhere.
    Sounds like its working well! The zits indicate a massive die off. That is actually a good sign. Once they are dead, this phase will pass. I have great hope that you are going to find that your blepharitis is gone soon as well. I will caution you that some doctors prescribe the Ivermectin for 2, 4 or 6 weeks (once a week). Most people do well after the standard 2 week and don't need any further treatment..

Did any of the dogs you walked have any signs of mange, hair loss or excessive scratching? Humans aren't supposed to be able to get the animal demodex species that cause demodectic mange. But a number of people reported that their skin issues started after getting a mangy dog, cat or horse. Ivermectin was originally developed to treat demodextic mange in dogs. Then they discovered that it worked extremely well on parasites like demodex, scabies and other parasitic infections in humans.

Sounds like its working well! The zits indicate a massive die off. That is actually a good sign. Once they are dead, this phase will pass. I have great hope that you are going to find that your blepharitis is gone soon as well. I will caution you that some doctors prescribe the Ivermectin for 2, 4 or 6 weeks (once a week). Most people do well after the standard 2 week and don't need any further treatment..

Did any of the dogs you walked have any signs of mange, hair loss or excessive scratching? Humans aren't supposed to be able to get the animal demodex species that cause demodectic mange. But a number of people reported that their skin issues started after getting a mangy dog, cat or horse. Ivermectin was originally developed to treat demodextic mange in dogs. Then they discovered that it worked extremely well on parasites like demodex, scabies and other parasitic infections in humans.
    No dogs I walked had mange. Plus it’s very rare for cross over from dogs to humans . And very Derm I’ve asked have said quite adamantly it’s not possible. I do have more tablets as I bought double what I needed just in case .
    When did your die off ease off ?

No dogs I walked had mange. Plus it’s very rare for cross over from dogs to humans . And very Derm I’ve asked have said quite adamantly it’s not possible. I do have more tablets as I bought double what I needed just in case .
    When did your die off ease off ?
    Good, we can clear the puppies of any involvement. My die off eased about 1 to 2 weeks after the last tablet. I didn't keep a careful record and this was about 28 or so months ago - I've slept since then -). The good thing is that it hasn't come back.

No dogs I walked had mange. Plus it’s very rare for cross over from dogs to humans . And very Derm I’ve asked have said quite adamantly it’s not possible. I do have more tablets as I bought double what I needed just in case. When did your die off ease off ?
    While it is true that most papers and authorities say that the mites on dogs or pets won't transfer to humans, this is simply another myth that has been debunked. There are authoritative papers showing that indeed, mites can transfer from pets to humans (i.e., Cheyletiella and Sarcoptes scabiei). This too is another example of the 'butterfly effect in rosacea' that is based upon the 'initial conditions' that are 'associated with a large number of false myths regarding causes and treatment.'
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 5th July 2020 at 08:43 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Good, we can clear the puppies of any involvement. My die off eased about 1 to 2 weeks after the last tablet. I didn't keep a careful record and this was about 28 or so months ago - I've slept since then -). The good thing is that it hasn't come back.
    I’ve got more tablets I ordered double the amount.

I’ve got more tablets I ordered double the amount.
    Well it’s a week after 2nd dose and I have lots of spots now.

Well it’s a week after 2nd dose and I have lots of spots now.
    I know the spots are frustrating. But it really is a good sign that the oral Ivermectin is killing the mites. Give it another week. It will get better. The dead ones will not come back to cause more problems. And the mites can no longer track fungus around which may have made the Seb D worse. Hopefully your eyes will be much better very soon. Warm compresses on the eye lids will help flush out any trash the mites may have left in the eye lid oil glands.

It sounds like the oral ivermectin was more effective much more quickly than the Soolantra. The oral treatment being a once a week dose for 2 weeks versus 16 weeks on topical Soolantra. The oral ivermectin does have the advantage of killing all the mites down in the glands all over the body including the scalp and eyes. Versus Soolantra which is milder and so expensive its typically used only on the face and doesn't treat the eyes, scalp or non-facial skin.

I know the spots are frustrating. But it really is a good sign that the oral Ivermectin is killing the mites. Give it another week. It will get better. The dead ones will not come back to cause more problems. And the mites can no longer track fungus around which may have made the Seb D worse. Hopefully your eyes will be much better very soon. Warm compresses on the eye lids will help flush out any trash the mites may have left in the eye lid oil glands.

It sounds like the oral ivermectin was more effective much more quickly than the Soolantra. The oral treatment being a once a week dose for 2 weeks versus 16 weeks on topical Soolantra. The oral ivermectin does have the advantage of killing all the mites down in the glands all over the body including the scalp and eyes. Versus Soolantra which is milder and so expensive its typically used only on the face and doesn't treat the eyes, scalp or non-facial skin.
    It’s my chin that’s worse. I’m not sure what to put on it. Finacea doesn’t seem to help at all .
    My eyes feel a little better already.