Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap, Highly Effective, 2 week, Oral Treatment for Demodex Skin Mites

ElaineA what do you think is the most important?
    In the papers seems metrozinadole

Quote Originally Posted by Manufc View Post
    ElaineA what do you think is the most important?
    In the papers seems metrozinadole
    I fixed the link to the paper again. ScienceDirect links seem to work ok for a while and then break.
    I took the 2 drug treatment. It worked for me. I can't say which drug is more important. Based on the results of the paper I would say they both are important and work together well to kill off the demodex.

There are some papers that report success with the use of either Oral Ivermectin or Oral Metronidazole. One paper I found tried to kill demodex by dipping them in 100% pure liquid metronidazole, but it did not kill the mites. The Oral Metronidazole works to kill demodex possibly due to changing their environment as the drug metabolizes in the human body. I have seen some studies where just the Oral Metronidazole (250 mg 3 times a day) was used and it was very successful in eliminating demodex.

In the medical study, there were just 2 test groups. Its too bad that they did not have a 3rd test group to test Oral Metronidazole by itself.

One test group got oral Ivermectin in a once a week dose for 2 weeks. The 2nd group got the 2 drug combination treatment. Unfortunately they did not have a 3rd group with just the Oral Metronidazole.
    In the paper they split patients into 2 groups of 60. There were 4 different skin diagnoses caused by demodex- 15 patients with each diagnosis in each group: Acne, Rosacea, Peri-oral Dermatitis, and Blepharitis Demodex (aka Ocular Rosacea.) Average Mite density scores given in parenthesis by diagnosis on left below. The Rosacea group had very high levels of demodex.

Rosacea (51.9): Ivermectin alone 13.0% got normal demodex level. 2 Drug treatment 93.3% got normal demodex level.
    Blepharitis Demodex (12.8): Ivermectin alone 46.7% got normal demodex level. 2 Drug treatment 100% got normal demodex level.
    Peri-oral Dermatitis (21.3): Ivermectin alone 86.7% got normal demodex level. 2 Drug treatment 100% got normal demodex level.
    Acne (12.9): Ivermectin alone 73.3% got normal demodex level. 2 Drug treatment 100% got normal demodex level.

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineA View Post
    I fixed the link to the paper again. ScienceDirect links seem to work ok for a while and then break.
    I took the 2 drug treatment. It worked for me. I can't say which drug is more important. Based on the results of the paper I would say they both are important and work together well to kill off the demodex.

There are some papers that report success with the use of either Oral Ivermectin or Oral Metronidazole. One paper I found tried to kill demodex by dipping them in 100% pure liquid metronidazole, but it did not kill the mites. The Oral Metronidazole works to kill demodex possibly due to changing their environment as the drug metabolizes in the human body. I have seen some studies where just the Oral Metronidazole (250 mg 3 times a day) was used and it was very successful in eliminating demodex.

In the medical study, there were just 2 test groups. Its too bad that they did not have a 3rd test group to test Oral Metronidazole by itself.

One test group got oral Ivermectin in a once a week dose for 2 weeks. The 2nd group got the 2 drug combination treatment. Unfortunately they did not have a 3rd group with just the Oral Metronidazole.
    In the paper they split patients into 2 groups of 60. There were 4 different skin diagnoses caused by demodex- 15 patients with each diagnosis in each group: Acne, Rosacea, Peri-oral Dermatitis, and Blepharitis Demodex (aka Ocular Rosacea.) Average Mite density scores given in parenthesis by diagnosis on left below. The Rosacea group had very high levels of demodex.

Rosacea (51.9): Ivermectin alone 13.0% got normal demodex level. 2 Drug treatment 93.3% got normal demodex level.
    Blepharitis Demodex (12.8): Ivermectin alone 46.7% got normal demodex level. 2 Drug treatment 100% got normal demodex level.
    Peri-oral Dermatitis (21.3): Ivermectin alone 86.7% got normal demodex level. 2 Drug treatment 100% got normal demodex level.
    Acne (12.9): Ivermectin alone 73.3% got normal demodex level. 2 Drug treatment 100% got normal demodex level.
    Well I still can’t get hold of the stuff. All the links they want direct bank transfer. Which is dodgy as it gives you no come back . And when you pull out you get emails asking you to complete the purchase. Just don’t inspire me with confidence if the drug is real

Default Took tablets

Well I’ve took the tablets not sure how long it takes then to work. But I don’t feel any nasty effects .

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    Well I’ve took the tablets not sure how long it takes then to work. But I don’t feel any nasty effects .
    The first dose gets the current batch of adults. The second dose is to kill any eggs that hatched after the first dose. Its not an instantaneous process. And you will likely have some die offs in the form of pustules. That is a good sign. Although since you have been using the topical Soolantra you may be spared some of the die off effect for your skin. It should help your eyes - that's one thing the Soolantra can't help. Reassess your skin and eyes 2 to 4 weeks after the 2nd dose.

Warm compresses for your eyelids can help the eye's oil (meibomian) glands purge out the trash left by the mites. I used the Thermalon Microwaveable Eye compress that I found at a local drugstore. Its also available from Amazon. You heat it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds or until its warm but not too hot.

Thermalon Microwave Activated Moist Heat Dry Eye Compress
    https://www.amazon.com/Thermalon-243.../dp/B004385RPS

The first dose gets the current batch of adults. The second dose is to kill any eggs that hatched after the first dose. Its not an instantaneous process. And you will likely have some die offs in the form of pustules. That is a good sign. Although since you have been using the topical Soolantra you may be spared some of the die off effect for your skin. It should help your eyes - that's one thing the Soolantra can't help. Reassess your skin and eyes 2 to 4 weeks after the 2nd dose.

Warm compresses for your eyelids can help the eye's oil (meibomian) glands purge out the trash left by the mites. I used the Thermalon Microwaveable Eye compress that I found at a local drugstore. Its also available from Amazon. You heat it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds or until its warm but not too hot.

Thermalon Microwave Activated Moist Heat Dry Eye Compress
    https://www.amazon.com/Thermalon-243.../dp/B004385RPS
    Thanks, I have been using soolantra for four months but it’s my eyes I want it for. I use tea tree wipes but I don’t think they are strong enough. I have a bit of a headache now. But I’ve been cleaning all day .

Thanks, I have been using soolantra for four months but it’s my eyes I want it for. I use tea tree wipes but I don’t think they are strong enough. I have a bit of a headache now. But I’ve been cleaning all day .
    Update. Well had a few big spots on my chin very painful but they are calming down now. I took my first tablets Monday. So will probably take the second tablets on Tuesday. I’m only using oral ivermectin though not the other drug mentioned. Took me ages to source oral ivermectin.
    Last edited by Rubydo1; 28th June 2020 at 01:50 PM.

Update. Well had a few big spots on my chin very painful but they are calming down now. I took my first tablets Monday. So will probably take the second tablets on Tuesday. I’m only using oral ivermectin though not the other drug mentioned. Took me ages to source oral ivermectin.
    That sounds like its working! You can take the second dose on Monday. Counting the first Monday as day 1, makes the second Monday day 8. That should knock out any eggs that hatched before they get mature enough to start laying more eggs.

That sounds like its working! You can take the second dose on Monday. Counting the first Monday as day 1, makes the second Monday day 8. That should knock out any eggs that hatched before they get mature enough to start laying more eggs.
    Hope so. I’ve had a few spots in my scalp aswell. Only time will tell I guess.

Hope so. I’ve had a few spots in my scalp aswell. Only time will tell I guess.
    That's actually even more good signs that its working. Its good to see obvious signs of die offs. It is very likely working for your eyelids and eye glands as well. The eyelids generally don't have the obvious die offs that your skin and scalp can show.

Hang in there!