Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 66 of 66

Thread: Cheap, Highly Effective, 2 week, Oral Treatment for Demodex Skin Mites

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    439
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik89 View Post
    Like Elaine says, not all is lost. There is a chance that ivermectin alone can cure demodex. In any case, taking it orally enables you to deal with the problem systematically and target areas like the eyes that would otherwise be hard to treat. At worst, the demodex count will still be reduced. Then topicals like zz cream, soolantra and cliradex can deal with the problem externally and further reduce the mite count and be used as maintenance to keep them below a problematic level.
    Die off not so bad today was thinking of taking a third dose in another week.

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    439
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    Die off not so bad today was thinking of taking a third dose in another week.
    Not sure if it’s safe but I took a third does 2 weeks to the day after my second dose.

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    203
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    Not sure if it’s safe but I took a third does 2 weeks to the day after my second dose.
    I'm not an doctor. But I have read that some doctors do prescribe the oral Ivermectin for periods of 2, 4, or 6 weeks. If you don't have any die offs this time, that could be a sign that the first 2 doses knocked them out. Have to wait and see what happens in a few days like before.

    How are your eyes doing?

  4. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    439
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineA View Post
    I'm not an doctor. But I have read that some doctors do prescribe the oral Ivermectin for periods of 2, 4, or 6 weeks. If you don't have any die offs this time, that could be a sign that the first 2 doses knocked them out. Have to wait and see what happens in a few days like before.

    How are your eyes doing?
    My glands seem a little better but eyes very dry still. I’ve got some tiny spots this week but you can hardly see them. No matter how much heat I apply can’t seem to get my oil going. I’m cleaning my lid margins with distilled warm water and massaging them. Chin is a bit sore and itchy. But not as painful as last two weeks.
    I’m using DHC oil to cleanse to see if I get my pores unblocked. I feel ok as regards taking the tablets.
    No side effects.

  5. #65
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Not much to report from the first dose of ivermectin, just a couple of die offs that perhaps I would have had anyway.

    I started the proper treatment protocol with metronidazole yesterday, so we'll see what happens.

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    203
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik89 View Post
    Not much to report from the first dose of ivermectin, just a couple of die offs that perhaps I would have had anyway.

    I started the proper treatment protocol with metronidazole yesterday, so we'll see what happens.
    It may take a few days for more die offs. That varies. The second weekly dose of oral Ivermectin should knock out any eggs that hatch after the first dose. The Oral Metronidazole kills them too or at least makes the mites environment really unpleasant for them. When I took the 2 drug treatment, I told my husband I was trying to make myself taste bad to the bugs! Its a good goal...-)

    Good luck with the treatment. I hope it works for you as well as it did for me! Please keep us posted as to how this turns out for you.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23rd April 2020, 02:34 AM
  2. Cheap, Highly Effective, 2 Week oral drug treatment for Demodex Skin Mite infestation
    By ElaineA in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23rd April 2020, 02:34 AM
  3. Cheap Effective Oral Treatment for Demodex Mites (rosacea, acne, blepharitis demodex)
    By ElaineA in forum Similar and co-existing conditions
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 10th June 2019, 02:22 PM
  4. Cheap, Effective, 2 Week, Oral Treatment for rosacea caused by demodex mites
    By ElaineA in forum Erythematotelangiectatic Rosacea
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10th April 2018, 06:12 PM
  5. Effective Oral Treatment for Rosacea caused by Microscopic Demodex Skin Mites
    By ElaineA in forum Newbie questions / Introduction
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11th March 2018, 01:40 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •