Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Cheap, Highly Effective, 2 week, Oral Treatment for Demodex Skin Mites

Quote Originally Posted by Nik89 View Post
    Like Elaine says, not all is lost. There is a chance that ivermectin alone can cure demodex. In any case, taking it orally enables you to deal with the problem systematically and target areas like the eyes that would otherwise be hard to treat. At worst, the demodex count will still be reduced. Then topicals like zz cream, soolantra and cliradex can deal with the problem externally and further reduce the mite count and be used as maintenance to keep them below a problematic level.
    Die off not so bad today was thinking of taking a third dose in another week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    Die off not so bad today was thinking of taking a third dose in another week.
    Not sure if it’s safe but I took a third does 2 weeks to the day after my second dose.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    Not sure if it’s safe but I took a third does 2 weeks to the day after my second dose.
    I'm not an doctor. But I have read that some doctors do prescribe the oral Ivermectin for periods of 2, 4, or 6 weeks. If you don't have any die offs this time, that could be a sign that the first 2 doses knocked them out. Have to wait and see what happens in a few days like before.

How are your eyes doing?

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineA View Post
    I'm not an doctor. But I have read that some doctors do prescribe the oral Ivermectin for periods of 2, 4, or 6 weeks. If you don't have any die offs this time, that could be a sign that the first 2 doses knocked them out. Have to wait and see what happens in a few days like before.

How are your eyes doing?
    My glands seem a little better but eyes very dry still. I’ve got some tiny spots this week but you can hardly see them. No matter how much heat I apply can’t seem to get my oil going. I’m cleaning my lid margins with distilled warm water and massaging them. Chin is a bit sore and itchy. But not as painful as last two weeks.
    I’m using DHC oil to cleanse to see if I get my pores unblocked. I feel ok as regards taking the tablets.
    No side effects.

Not much to report from the first dose of ivermectin, just a couple of die offs that perhaps I would have had anyway.

I started the proper treatment protocol with metronidazole yesterday, so we'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik89 View Post
    Not much to report from the first dose of ivermectin, just a couple of die offs that perhaps I would have had anyway.

I started the proper treatment protocol with metronidazole yesterday, so we'll see what happens.
    It may take a few days for more die offs. That varies. The second weekly dose of oral Ivermectin should knock out any eggs that hatch after the first dose. The Oral Metronidazole kills them too or at least makes the mites environment really unpleasant for them. When I took the 2 drug treatment, I told my husband I was trying to make myself taste bad to the bugs! Its a good goal...-)

Good luck with the treatment. I hope it works for you as well as it did for me! Please keep us posted as to how this turns out for you.