Thread: Cheap, Highly Effective, 2 week, Oral Treatment for Demodex Skin Mites

Default Cheap, Highly Effective, 2 week, Oral Treatment for Demodex Skin Mites

I'm still clear of demodex 26 months post 2 week oral anti-parasitic treatment. If you have demodex, this 2 drug oral treatment can be highly effective in 2 weeks. If you don't have demodex, your answer may lie elsewhere.

The oral treatment kills the mites all over your body even in hard to reach glands. It clears both the skin and eyes. If you have ocular rosacea (aka blepharitis demodex) it is very important to get it treated before it damages your vision.

If your dermatologist did not test you for Demodex mites, you should ask them to do so.

The combined Oral Ivermectin + Oral Metronidazole treatment worked for me. The report on this treatment was published in the International Journal of Infectious disease in 2013. Treatment takes 2 weeks using Oral Ivermectin and Oral Metronidazole. Insurance copay was just $13.03 (Uninsured retail about $52 USD.

Article: "Evaluation of the efficacy of oral ivermectin in comparison with ivermectin–metronidazole combined therapy in the treatment of ocular and skin lesions of Demodex folliculorum"
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...0197121201315X

Using the more effective 2 drug combined treatment (from paper) based on body weight for the oral Ivermectin:
    1. Two doses of oral Ivermectin one week apart. Each weekly dose is 200 micrograms Ivermectin per kilogram of body weight. My doctor rounded the dose up for me since the tablets are in 3 mg size. Worked out to 12 mg per dose for me. Take on an empty stomach with a large glass of water.
    2. Oral Metronidazole, 250 mg. three times a day for two weeks. Do not drink alcohol while taking oral Metronidazole and for 72 hours after taking the last tablet.

Oral Ivermectin is taken on days 1 and 8 in a single dose. For me this was 4 tablets totalling the 12 mg prescribed dosage. The Oral Metronidazole is taken every day, 3 times a day with food.

Oral Ivermectin and Oral Metronidazole have been around for many years and have excellent safety records. They are on the WHO list of essential medicines. That being said they are prescription drugs and should be taken under a doctors care. They should not be taken if you are allergic to them.

Some dermatologists prescribe the same 2 drugs but in different amounts and possible for 2, 4, or 6 weeks.

NOTE: Use a clean towels and washcloths for the affected areas. Demodex can live on a damp towel up to 54 hours. Ordinary washing and drying with a temperature of at least 58 C degrees will kill demodex.

You have a lot of these posts going on. Here is the link to the prescription drug category with the same post.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi