Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ZZ cream application area

Quote Originally Posted by anemicroyalty View Post
    My diet is pretty varied and relatively healthy, I don't have any restrictions and eat everything but try not to go overboard on carbs and sugars. I've been considering trying the candida diet for awhile for other reasons but cutting out carbs completely long-term is not realistic for me. Other than coffee in the morning and a beer or two with dinner (not great I know) I only really drink water. For what it's worth I've never noticed and food triggers for myself other than alcohol.
    You are not alone, since many rosaceans prefer treating their rosacea with topicals or oral treatments and keep eating/drinking pretty much like you. The candida diet is not for sissies, and you will find out that your love for carbs will be tested. You might think about adding probiotics to your diet since this is now an accepted rosacea treatment.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi

My diet is pretty varied and relatively healthy, I don't have any restrictions and eat everything but try not to go overboard on carbs and sugars. I've been considering trying the candida diet for awhile for other reasons but cutting out carbs completely long-term is not realistic for me. Other than coffee in the morning and a beer or two with dinner (not great I know) I only really drink water. For what it's worth I've never noticed and food triggers for myself other than alcohol.

Yeah I'm not sure, it has many ingredients that are very harsh which is pretty much the opposite of my usual approach to rosacea. I've always thought of rosacea as being like very skin so it's hard for me to understand how it can help. For what it's worth my skin is looking pretty good right now but I'm not sure if it's just because I've cut back on the ZZ even more and it's less irritated, or if it will actually improve past the point where it was before I started. I just want to make sure to give it a really fair trial because I never want to go through the initial outbreak again. How long did you end up trying it for?
    Only for a few days. It broke me out really badly, took a few weeks to recover. Obviously the initial worsening stage is to be expected, but I wasn't quite ready to stick with it. I thought I'd just let my skin try and recover a bit; have a think if I wanted to give it another go or not. To be honest I've noticed a few people recently whose experience hasn't been great, or at least the zz cream doesn't seem to have helped; certainly I've seen nothing to make me think I should give it another go. Maybe if my skin doesn't improve over the next few months. I'm on antibiotics for now. They seemed to help last time. Not so far this time, but we'll see. Good luck, anyway.

Just wanted to do a quick update in case anyone is still following this:

Almost finished 7 weeks and my skin is actually looking pretty good right now. I went down to only applying ZZ every third night to help with dryness and I think I'll maintain this schedule for awhile.

Pros:
    -No new P&P in about a week other than some teeny bumps that I suspect are more related to trying new sunscreens
    -Don't seem to flush as much with triggers (mainly alcohol) and haven't been having warmth in my cheeks
    -Pores look a bit tighter/cleaner

Cons:
    -Some dryness/irritation/tone irregularities still but it's very minimal since decreasing dose
    -Increased sensitivity: I can no longer use the chemical sunscreen I've used for years because it burns too much and causes me to flush

One confound is that my skin generally improves in the summer/in higher humidity so that is probably helping a bit as well.
    Last edited by anemicroyalty; 5th June 2020 at 07:25 PM.

Just wanted to do a quick update in case anyone is still following this:

Almost finished 7 weeks and my skin is actually looking pretty good right now. I went down to only applying ZZ every third night to help with dryness and I think I'll maintain this schedule for awhile.

Pros:
    -No new P&P in about a week other than some teeny bumps that I suspect are more related to trying new sunscreens
    -Don't seem to flush as much with triggers (mainly alcohol) and haven't been having warmth in my cheeks
    -Pores look a bit tighter/cleaner

Cons:
    -Some dryness/irritation/tone irregularities still but it's very minimal since decreasing dose
    -Increased sensitivity: I can no longer use the chemical sunscreen I've used for years because it burns too much and causes me to flush

One confound is that my skin generally improves in the summer/in higher humidity so that is probably helping a bit as well.
    Excellent news! You are definitely on the right track. There are two types of mites: one takes 3 months to resolve, one takes 4 mos, so stick with it for the full 4 mos if you can. Over time your dryness should resolve as your skin heals. I would certainly suggest a mineral sunscreen (better in general anyway for overall chemical load). Please continue to update us as to your progress.