Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ZZ cream application area

Default ZZ cream application area

Hello all,

I'm on day 2 of my ZZ cream journey and have a question--I recall reading awhile ago that it's important to treat all areas of the face to get all of the mites but now can't find much information about that. I'm wondering if anyone has had any success with spot treating certain areas. I've never had any redness on my forehead and that area is already very dry and flaky so I'd really rather leave it alone unless it's absolutely necessary. Any insight? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by anemicroyalty View Post
    Hello all,

I'm on day 2 of my ZZ cream journey and have a question--I recall reading awhile ago that it's important to treat all areas of the face to get all of the mites but now can't find much information about that. I'm wondering if anyone has had any success with spot treating certain areas. I've never had any redness on my forehead and that area is already very dry and flaky so I'd really rather leave it alone unless it's absolutely necessary. Any insight? Thank you!
    Okay, this is spooky. Day two for me too, two and a half, anyway, and that's my exact same question in a different thread. My nose isn't consistently red, just sometimes when it flushes/gets irritated; and I'm not sure whether to put it there or not. I'm definitely not going to apply to every inch of my face though; it's too expensive for that. Just the irritated bits.

Hello all,

What are you using ZZ Cream to treat? We need a brief history and explanation of your issues. And preferably a photo.

I use it all over my face in a week solution diluted with water applied with the palms of my hands, but I have used it for spot treatment many times before.

https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...rate!-(w-pics)
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    What are you using ZZ Cream to treat? We need a brief history and explanation of your issues. And preferably a photo.

I use it all over my face in a week solution diluted with water applied with the palms of my hands, but I have used it for spot treatment many times before.

I read some of your other thread; really happy that zz cream helped your skin. One thing you wrote that I couldn't quite figure out; you said you mixed with water? Is that as in, you literally poured water into the pot it comes in? And if so, how much?

I've used it for a couple of days and I'm already getting more small red dots/lumps/papule things. Do you think that would be too early for a die-off, though? Maybe it's just breaking me out and I should stop? I have rosacea, by the way, and that's the main reason I'm trying zz cream; for the persistent redness. Anyway, if you could give me any advice based on your experience I'd really appreciate it; thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ASordidGod View Post
    I read some of your other thread; really happy that zz cream helped your skin. One thing you wrote that I couldn't quite figure out; you said you mixed with water? Is that as in, you literally poured water into the pot it comes in? And if so, how much? I've used it for a couple of days and I'm already getting more small red dots/lumps/papule things. Do you think that would be too early for a die-off, though? Maybe it's just breaking me out and I should stop? I have rosacea, by the way, and that's the main reason I'm trying zz cream; for the persistent redness. Anyway, if you could give me any advice based on your experience I'd really appreciate it; thanks.
    As mentioned before, It Gets Worse Before It Gets Better, and this is not uncommon in medical treatments, such as in treating acne, which the Mayo Clinic states, "With most prescription acne drugs, you may not see results for four to eight weeks, and your skin may get worse before it gets better. It can take many months or years for your acne to clear up completely," or in immunotherapy.

While some medical treatments do improve a medical issue and it does NOT get worse before its gets better, in such treatments the issue just gets better, and of course, that is what is the ideal medical treatment, but in some cases it simply gets worse before it gets better. If you ever find a treatment for your rosacea that immediately improves your rosacea, we are all ears to learn about it.

Of course, if one has a very bad case of rosacea and the doctor prescribes high dose antibiotics, usually the rosacea improves. However, when antibiotic treatment stops, the rosacea usually returns with a vengeance, so obviously, while it does improve rosacea it certainly isn't curing it.

With Soolantra or the ZZ cream it takes twelve weeks for clearance but you should see improvement in four weeks.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 17th April 2020 at 05:14 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post

I've had worsening rosacea, mostly on my cheeks and a little on my chin for a few years now. It started as just flushing but became some persistent redness on the cheeks and now I've been getting some pustules as well. The only treatment I've used before is metrocream which didn't help at all.

So far I've been tolerating the ZZ cream pretty well--I applied it to my whole face last night but used a thin layer on damp skin and layered squalane oil on top (what I've been using for moisture for about a year and my skin seems to like it ok) but I'm wondering if diluting it like this makes it less effective?

I've had worsening rosacea, mostly on my cheeks and a little on my chin for a few years now. It started as just flushing but became some persistent redness on the cheeks and now I've been getting some pustules as well. The only treatment I've used before is metrocream which didn't help at all.

So far I've been tolerating the ZZ cream pretty well--I applied it to my whole face last night but used a thin layer on damp skin and layered squalane oil on top (what I've been using for moisture for about a year and my skin seems to like it ok) but I'm wondering if diluting it like this makes it less effective?
    It will be fine with the squalene oil, or a moisturizer. I would apply it to your whole face including your eyebrows, as mites tend to migrate. The flakey skin on your forehead (I'm sorry I was reading both questions- I believe that was you) should get better as well with the ZZ. I also water mine down by applying it to my wet face and dabbing the cream in spots, then rubbing it in everywhere. There is something extremely healing in the ZZ, maybe the Chinese herbs, but it really does change/improve the overall texture of your skin. Or perhaps in killing the demodex, your skin is able to heal. Die-off is good. The time frame is different for everyone. Unless you feel a sunburned or "sore" sensation, stick with it, and use at night before bed. Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by ASordidGod View Post
    I read some of your other thread; really happy that zz cream helped your skin. One thing you wrote that I couldn't quite figure out; you said you mixed with water? Is that as in, you literally poured water into the pot it comes in? And if so, how much?

I've used it for a couple of days and I'm already getting more small red dots/lumps/papule things. Do you think that would be too early for a die-off, though? Maybe it's just breaking me out and I should stop? I have rosacea, by the way, and that's the main reason I'm trying zz cream; for the persistent redness. Anyway, if you could give me any advice based on your experience I'd really appreciate it; thanks.
    Thank you. I mix it in the palms of my hands. I wet them, take a little bit of ZZ Cream from the tub, mix all over my palms, and then apply the diluted solution all over my face.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    As mentioned before, It Gets Worse Before It Gets Better, and this is not uncommon in medical treatments, such as in treating acne, which the Mayo Clinic states, "With most prescription acne drugs, you may not see results for four to eight weeks, and your skin may get worse before it gets better. It can take many months or years for your acne to clear up completely," or in immunotherapy.

While some medical treatments do improve a medical issue and it does NOT get worse before its gets better, in such treatments the issue just gets better, and of course, that is what is the ideal medical treatment, but in some cases it simply gets worse before it gets better. If you ever find a treatment for your rosacea that immediately improves your rosacea, we are all ears to learn about it.

Of course, if one has a very bad case of rosacea and the doctor prescribes high dose antibiotics, usually the rosacea improves. However, when antibiotic treatment stops, the rosacea usually returns with a vengeance, so obviously, while it does improve rosacea it certainly isn't curing it.

With Soolantra or the ZZ cream it takes twelve weeks for clearance but you should see improvement in four weeks.
    do you recommend using it on the entire face or just the affected area? I prefer to only use it on my nose and apples of my cheeks because I'm very sensitive but if I do that then would it be effective?

Quote Originally Posted by Rtstar View Post
    do you recommend using it on the entire face or just the affected area? I prefer to only use it on my nose and apples of my cheeks because I'm very sensitive but if I do that then would it be effective?
    Good question. Basically it depends on you. The mites move [1] so applying it all over the face makes sure you are making their surface area they may crawl to all the same. [2] Others prefer to just apply the ZZ cream to inflamed areas. Some dilute the cream with a little water so that it spreads further and easier and, of course, makes the ZZ cream last longer.

[1] Read the subheading, The report confirms the size and movement of demodex

[2] Why do demodex mites like human skin?
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 23rd April 2020 at 01:54 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi