Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Difference between V beam- perfecta, candela, prima etc?

Default Can you buy a pulse dye laser device for the home

Also keep meaning to ask. Do you know if you can actually buy one of these devices or something similar and more affordable.

Never know when there will be another lockdown or we need vaccine passports to get into a clinic (which I refuse to be forced into getting a vaccine)

Quote Originally Posted by pontypool View Post
    Hey..

2 years between treatments? Seems a bit extreme.

Because of covid regulations I was unable to get treatment for a while.
    I got treated in January 2020.
    The practicioners said every 6 months.
    I missed my July appointment, my condition got somewhat worse after the 6 month period, but even by January 2021. My condition hadn't gone back completely to how it was. (It was almost there but not quite)

I really think the recommended 6 months between treatments is reasonable and accurate. Not just a marketing ploy to get you back more often.

Depends on your severity though.
    If it's minimal. Maybe a year between treatments is fine. But if it's severe you might want to up the treatments to every 3 or 4 months?
    But 2 years seems too long imo.

Bare in mind also.
    When your symptoms are originally treated they have you come in for consultation treatments.
    Which is between 3-5 treatments with only a 4- 6 week break in between. (I had 3)
    Then once your symptoms are controlled you basically go back for a top up every 6 months.

If you go 2 years with no treatment you're probably going to need those 3-5 appointments again to get your condition to a level where only a bi annually top up is necessary

Wouldn't advise on missing top ups . It isn't worth the stress of your condition reverting back to square one.
    Caused me a great deal of stress
    There?s nothing extreme about it to be honest, was just a case of my skin being in a place where I didn?t need lasers and was coping well. I?ve obviously had a number of lasers over the years, and from my experience, I don?t think it?s worth getting treatments when your skin doesn?t need it.

I would have tried to get a laser when it started to regress 6 months ago but all the clinics had closed. I definitely agree 6 months is a good timeline for most, that was my usual pattern, but having laser upon laser which I have done for 8 years isn?t ideal for your skin. I?m now trying to combine more of a holistic approach with the laser, as I know my rosacea will continue to come back if I don?t treat the root cause. I?m glad you?re doing well with lasers, in my 10 years, so far it?s the only thing that has had a really positive impact on my skin (albeit usually short term)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by beherenow View Post
    Hey Seb, it would be great if you made a thread. How long did your results normally last? 15 is quite a lot and it doesn't seem like a fun process at all, especially avoiding people for a while if the bruising is pretty severe. Do you think it caused actual damage to your skin over time? I've been on the fence about using laser and worried it would just make my flushing worse, but might consider it at some point in the next few years.
    Results vary! I?ll be honest, sometimes they can last months (3-6) but I?ve also had lasers that really haven?t done that much for my skin at all. Depending on the severity of your condition, but I?ve seen most improvement from bruising treatments (I have redness, flushing and burning). Whether it?s caused actual damage to my skin, that?s a question I wish I had the answer to. What?s so tough about rosacea is that it?s often progressive (ie, gets worse over time.) Mine started off as very mild, no one would have noticed for 7 years I would say. In the last 3 years, I?ve had persistent redness and visible flushing. I would say that if your condition is mild, I would try and tackle the root cause before you go to lasers?maybe get some comprehensive gut testing done to see if it?s linked. There?s a root cause of rosacea, you just have to piece together the pieces to find what?s driving the inflammation. Everyone is different, but it usually starts in the gut. If you just have flushing, I wouldn?t jump to lasers, understand what?s going on inside your body to manage it first. Get stool and blood tests done, they should help shed light on what?s going on inside your gut before you turn to lasers. Hope that helps.

In the gut yeah? For example what could be wrong?

Would be interested in looking into that but I've moved to Germany and I'm confused about how to get booked into a practice.

In the gut yeah? For example what could be wrong?
    Read this post to understand better.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

It all seems like too many it's buts and maybes.

I've come across many extreme diets like the alkaline diet. Which is pretty radical.
    I don't think most people will be ready to totally transform their diet so radically and yet with so little scientific or pier reviewed studies .

It all seems like too many it's buts and maybes.

I've come across many extreme diets like the alkaline diet. Which is pretty radical.
    I don't think most people will be ready to totally transform their diet so radically and yet with so little scientific or pier reviewed studies .
    The issue is that scientific studies are so expensive to run, and that?s why big pharma run most of the studies, manipulating the methodology and data to line their pockets and help sell their products. Unfortunately, studies on the impact of food scientifically lacks funding because it?s not much of a benefit to many industries. You?ll definitely see dairy and nut industries fund scientific research, but who is going to fund a study on a certain diets impact on rosacea!? I wish they would!