Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Using ZZ Cream

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    With most reports it gets worse before it gets better.

Here are the steps (original cream):

(1) Just before bed, wash face with acarid soap (or non irritating soap or just warm water) and rinse with lots of water.

(2) Apply the ZZ cream on face especially the red areas and pimples (some prefer to dilute the ZZ cream with water). Let it dry before you lay your face on a pillow. Be careful when applying around your eyes, and if you do get near your eyes, close your eyes and then go to bed asap. ZZ cream causes tearing of the eyes.

(3) In AM, wash the ZZ cream off with just water. Then apply your favorite moisturizer. Many have recommended rose hip oil or shea butter or whatever your favorite moisturizer.

Repeat steps 1 thru 3 each day.

(4) For the cosmetic version it seems to be easier to blend into the skin so you can apply a fresh amount in the am or if you prefer apply a moisturizer instead. Your choice.

-------------------------------------------------
    These are the directions provided by Demodex Solutions:

Directions for use:
    1:Before application, wash the face and hands with warm water and a neutral soap, or better, our bar acarid or liquid acarid removing soap (no longer available so use the DermSol mild Foam Cleanser). Wipe the face dry (a slightly moist skin can make the application more easy for some people) the most easy way to apply the ointment is to put some tiny little dots everywhere on the face with a finger and then gently rub the ointment in, it is really not necessary to use a lot, just a tiny bit is enough. Repeat this procedure 2 times a day or use alternated with the Fumanling cream. The most important application is in the evening with the Zhongzhou ointment.

2:Try to avoid the use of cosmetics as much as possible during the treatment.

3:While using the ointment externally, the user can take 5-10 mg of vitamin B2 (riboflavin) 3 times a day at the same time, in addition, any product that can boost the immune system can be a help. Use the ointment strictly as advised and without interruption, even if the symptoms are gone, don't stop treating, the duration of treatment is minimum 90 days for Demodex folliculorum, and minimum 120 days for Demodex brevis.

4:Only by totally removing the demodex mites, one can eliminate the cause of the disease. If you have access to facilities to test for the presence of demodex mites (Or do yourself), you can follow the progress until the tests are negative but this is not really necessary since we are confident that the ointment will eliminate the mites and the results will speak for themselves.

5:This ointment does not produce any poisonous side effects to the human body, nor is it drug-fast. It can also be used as a preventative for people with only a few demodex mites and no symptoms yet. The application of the cream will eliminate the demodex mites before they can cause skin problems.

6:Never use The Zhongzhou zinc oxide and sublimed sulfur ointment together with the Fumanling cream at the same time, alternating use like Fumanling in the morning and Zhongzhou in the evening is ok.

7:This cream can only be applied externally, oral medication is not permitted.
    Thanks. Yeah, I was aware it can get worse before it gets better. But I was hoping that by only applying it to my forehead, if it did get worse, it would only get worse in that area. Though actually it calmed down pretty quick, and I ended up applying a little to one of my cheeks. I think I'm going to do this for a bit, that way I can easily judge if it's having an effect just by comparing the two. It doesn't hurt or anything on application, and no lasting irritation so far, though it does seem drying. I'm guessing that's why you recommend the moisturiser. Unfortunately I've never found one that doesn't either irritate or break me out, so I might have to do without that step.

Quote Originally Posted by ASordidGod View Post
    Thanks. Yeah, I was aware it can get worse before it gets better. But I was hoping that by only applying it to my forehead, if it did get worse, it would only get worse in that area. Though actually it calmed down pretty quick, and I ended up applying a little to one of my cheeks. I think I'm going to do this for a bit, that way I can easily judge if it's having an effect just by comparing the two. It doesn't hurt or anything on application, and no lasting irritation so far, though it does seem drying. I'm guessing that's why you recommend the moisturiser. Unfortunately I've never found one that doesn't either irritate or break me out, so I might have to do without that step.
    Be careful with only applying it to a portion of your face. Demodex tend to migrate! Expect it to worsen in weeks 2-3 and then again during the next die off cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by redvelvet View Post
    Be careful with only applying it to a portion of your face. Demodex tend to migrate! Expect it to worsen in weeks 2-3 and then again during the next die off cycle.
    Ah, okay, thanks. Do you apply it to your whole face then? Or just the affected bits? Really not looking forward to it worsening.

moisturisers always seem to redden my nose and cheeks. Tried a new one and still the same.

May just stick to the ZZ cream and then occasionally add on a previous cream i was using

Ah, okay, thanks. Do you apply it to your whole face then? Or just the affected bits? Really not looking forward to it worsening.
    Yes I applied it to my whole face. I also treated my eyelashes with a special foam (Ocusoft Oust Demodex) and used tea tree oil in my shampoo. I was not taking any chances....

I've actually stopped using the zz cream for now, just because I've started doxy and I want to see what difference that makes on its own. Unfortunately, two days was long enough to completely ruin my skin - I have a ridiculous amount of papules. Hopefully because I only used it for a couple of days it will be temporary. The other thing, I just washed my hair and loads of hair fell out. Is it possible the mites have migrated to my hair? If so, what do I do? Tea tree oil shampoo? Thanks. Really don't want to lose my hair on top of everything.

I've actually stopped using the zz cream for now, just because I've started doxy and I want to see what difference that makes on its own. Unfortunately, two days was long enough to completely ruin my skin - I have a ridiculous amount of papules. Hopefully because I only used it for a couple of days it will be temporary. The other thing, I just washed my hair and loads of hair fell out. Is it possible the mites have migrated to my hair? If so, what do I do? Tea tree oil shampoo? Thanks. Really don't want to lose my hair on top of everything.
    Did you read this thread about the ZZ cream.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

I hadn't no, thanks. Unfortunately after the initial post about recovery, the poster didn't update their progress. No way of knowing if things got better or not.

I hadn't no, thanks. Unfortunately after the initial post about recovery, the poster didn't update their progress. No way of knowing if things got better or not.
    The initial poster, Mothinrust, posted 10 more posts in that thread (total of 11 posts) the last one on January 18, 2020 post no 35, where he wrote, "But I do think it helping my skin so much." On 12/17/19 he posted in this thread [post no 2] in another ZZ thread. On 12/18/18 he posted in still another ZZ thread post no 8. It is true we don't hear from Mothinrust ever again after 1/18/2020 but in this last post he also wrote, "So I take the vast improvement as a sign of better things to come." So maybe I am confused by your comment above but he started the thread on 12/16/19 and one month later he posted it was working. I don't understand what you mean 'no way of knowing if things got better or not.'

What is very common with rosaceans who come and go here at RF, if they get what they want out of RF and their rosacea is improved or controlled, we never hear from them ever again. Rarely do some come back and report months or years later their progress. The rosaceans come and go talking about their rosacea woes. There are some who have stuck it out here at RF and keep posting but they will all tell you that they are simply controlling their rosacea, very rarely does anyone say they 'cured' their rosacea. Rarely does anyone ever say their rosacea is in remission, but I have collected a few of those. One of the cool features of RF is that vBulletin allows you to collect a user's posts from the last post to the first post (and so does Invision Community).
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 20th April 2020 at 12:31 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

The initial poster, Mothinrust, posted 10 more posts in that thread (total of 11 posts) the last one on January 18, 2020 post no 35, where he wrote, "But I do think it helping my skin so much." On 12/17/19 he posted in this thread [post no 2] in another ZZ thread. On 12/18/18 he posted in still another ZZ thread post no 8. It is true we don't hear from Mothinrust ever again after 1/18/2020 but in this last post he also wrote, "So I take the vast improvement as a sign of better things to come." So maybe I am confused by your comment above but he started the thread on 12/16/19 and one month later he posted it was working. I don't understand what you mean 'no way of knowing if things got better or not.'

What is very common with rosaceans who come and go here at RF, if they get what they want out of RF and their rosacea is improved or controlled, we never hear from them ever again. Rarely do some come back and report months or years later their progress. The rosaceans come and go talking about their rosacea woes. There are some who have stuck it out here at RF and keep posting but they will all tell you that they are simply controlling their rosacea, very rarely does anyone say they 'cured' their rosacea. Rarely does anyone ever say their rosacea is in remission, but I have collected a few of those. One of the cool features of RF is that vBulletin allows you to collect a user's posts from the last post to the first post (and so does Invision Community).
    I really just meant longer term.