Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do people's faces have a burn/sting feeling when they have Rosacea?

Quote Originally Posted by przemek View Post
    I can't use any oils in these places. I am then inflamed in these places. Perhaps they are also some microorganisms and oils nourish them.
    Try avocado oil, it's like the softest & most tolerable of all oils. I have very inflamed/burning skin on most of face and it was the only thing I've been able to apply and leave on for many hours without making it worse. Some oils like lavender or peppermint can cause bad reactions because it has a fragrance. But there's like a 90%+ chance avocado oil will feel fine on your skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Momof View Post
    That’s great. You have absolutely nothing to lose by doing that because it can only help your skin barrier. Keep us posted on your progress.
    Today a new paper has been released discussing that Rosacea is Characterized by a Profoundly Diminished Skin Barrier
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Today a new paper has been released discussing that Rosacea is Characterized by a Profoundly Diminished Skin Barrier

Good find Brady! I can't speak for type 2, but type 1 rosacea seems to be caused by a combination of thin skin (makes skin more translucent, redness more prominent) + destroyed skin barrier (allows irritants and toxins to get deep into skins layers and inflame blood capillaries) then one other factor such as sun damage, inflammation in gut, heart problems etc.* I think a deficient skin barrier contributes to the development of rosacea; however I don't believe the skin barrier itself was weakened by rosacea.

For myself, I think my redness has not been able to lighten because my skin is unable to repair itself but hopefully if I fix the skin barrier it will then be able to regenerate and repair damaged cells.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    All the more reason to avoid lasers etc. They only weaken the skin barrier, thus worsening the problem. If the barrier is weak, the nerves, capillaries etc don’t have enough “cover” to protect them.

All the more reason to avoid lasers etc. They only weaken the skin barrier, thus worsening the problem. If the barrier is weak, the nerves, capillaries etc don’t have enough “cover” to protect them.
    so now I know that lasers are harmful in the long run .. A lot of people are a victim of corporate marketing. This world is largely built on lies, manipulation and exploitation.

Quote Originally Posted by przemek View Post
    so now I know that lasers are harmful in the long run .. A lot of people are a victim of corporate marketing. This world is largely built on lies, manipulation and exploitation.
    I understand your frustration with 'corporate marketing' and basically greed is the motive behind 'lies, manipulation and exploitation' but you do have to think about the number of positive reports that photo dynamic therapy [PDL] has with regard especially to removing spider veins (Telangiectasias) as well other anecdotal reports with regard to LED, IPL, etc. What I have noticed is that the ones who rave about PDL usually have to go back for more treatments after some months to continue the therapy so it doesn't really cure rosacea and is only treating the symptoms and probably more important is the fact that such treatments such, i.e., laser, are very expensive, hence the greed factor. If money is not a factor and I could afford the most expensive cosmetic dermatologist in Beverly Hills to treat my rosacea, I would definitely sign up and see what happens. But alas, such individuals with rosacea don't bother to post in forums like this one.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Yeah I've noticed in the laser section of this forum; that all seems to go well during the first treatment or two and thier redness starts to fade unfortunately the honeymoon period ends & within a few months they're back to get another laser, then another and another. People that have had 7,8 pdl's like the user Darren now says his flushing is way worse than pre Rosacea and everything triggers it, probably because the nerves have been badly damaged. I think it's a big marketing scheme to say these IPL and pdl do no damage to the surrounding tissue, nerves, veins. Also there's strong evidence that the body creates new blood vessels in the face to cope with the trauma of the newly destroyed capillaries.

Quote Originally Posted by LawrenceK View Post
    I've been using essential oils topically for about 3 days now and to be completely honest unbelievably it's reduced my burning pain and also decreased the redness slightly. I use about 80% organic avocado oil as a base oil then add 3-5 drops of safflower oil, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, pomegranate seed oil (all can be bought on Amazon). I then just mixed these with my finger. I applied a layer over my whole face and massaged it with circular motions, pressing enough to make my skin Blanche where the spider veins are and bad red areas for about 5 minutes (this is toning the stretched capillaries). Then I pat my face softly with a towel so it doesn't drip, and go to sleep, when I wake up in the morning I wash my face with water and can feel the difference. I've read from bloggers that this is a slow process to completely cure rosacea like 6 months + every night applying these oils but it's 100% safe unlike lasers.

I've been researching online and a lot of these oils especially avocado oil repairs damaged capillaries, repairs nerve damage, cell damage, dna damage, repairs the skins natural barrier, protects against uv damage etc.

I made a post like a week ago because my skin is so sensitive and cannot tolerate moisturisers without getting redder and I was debating whether or not to get a v beam. When I started using these after a few days I noticed a big difference.
    Hello, are you still using the essential oils?