Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need advice for people who’ve had a red throbbing nose

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    I've found Soolantra, and more recently, Zhongzhou cream helpful for type 1 rosacea (redness/flushing). Zhongzhou is better, and is best applied with a watery finger so you get a very thin layer of it on. Other medications include clonidine or moxonodine, mirtzapine, gabapentin and hydroxychloroquine.
    how long did it take for you to see a change?

Quote Originally Posted by Rtstar View Post
    is the zz cream you refer to from a special website or is it the one from amazon? I'm about to purchase this instead of trying soolantra.
    This one.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by TSW1988 View Post
    Yeah was going to say checked this morning and it’s just the same with my face as any morning.
    Apart from the smell of course it gives out.
    Should it slightly sting when applying
    The menthol/mint some complain about, but I really like the cooling effect, and it doesn't sting to me. Did you apply a dab on your inside wrist to see if you get an allergic reaction to it? As with every treatment for rosacea, some do not respond well to a rosacea treatment. Not everyone responds well to Soolantra either.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    The menthol/mint some complain about, but I really like the cooling effect, and it doesn't sting to me. Did you apply a dab on your inside wrist to see if you get an allergic reaction to it? As with every treatment for rosacea, some do not respond well to a rosacea treatment. Not everyone responds well to Soolantra either.
    i didnt react very well to soolantra.

it sort of worked ok this morning, but il keep trying whilst indoors

the wrist part i did today (after) and was fine

Thank you! I just purchased the cosmetic one because I have sensitive skin. I'll update in a new thread my results.

Quote Originally Posted by TSW1988 View Post
    i didnt react very well to soolantra.

it sort of worked ok this morning, but il keep trying whilst indoors

the wrist part i did today (after) and was fine
    It’s like a little tingle sensation and its done nothing really over night. Just a bright red nose and cheek

Most find clearance is 90 days to 120 days. You should see improvement in 30 days. Be sure apply a small dab to your inside wrist to see if you are allergic to it.
    The zz cream is coming in a few days but I was wondering if you knew about stoping metronidazole 1%? I've been using it for a couple years two times a day. My doctor said I'm supposed to use it for the rest of my life but I don't think that sounds right. Do you know if I should just stop altogether or slowly reduce using it? I'm worried if I stop my rosacea will get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rtstar View Post
    The zz cream is coming in a few days but I was wondering if you knew about stoping metronidazole 1%? I've been using it for a couple years two times a day. My doctor said I'm supposed to use it for the rest of my life but I don't think that sounds right. Do you know if I should just stop altogether or slowly reduce using it? I'm worried if I stop my rosacea will get worse.
    Metronidazole is probably one of the most prescribed Rx treatments for rosacea in the last forty five years (probably the only other Rx treatment that comes in second are sulphur treatments) so there are a huge number of posts discussing metronidazole in RF (use the search box feature to browse the posts on this). There are some who rave about it in this thread. Others say it didn't work for them at this thread or this one or this one. Three page thread. I have done a lot of work for you on this so you use the search box like I did and go fishing for posts on this since this subject has come up before. Have you heard about the Rosacea X-Factor? I think you will be a lot happier with the ZZ Cream. By the way, it won't hurt to use both the ZZ Cream at night and metronidazole during the day.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 2nd April 2020 at 10:04 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi

[QUOTE=Brady Barrows;353033]Metronidazole is probably one of the most prescribed Rx treatments for rosacea in the last forty five years (probably the only other Rx treatment that comes in second are sulphur treatments) so there are a huge number of posts discussing metronidazole in RF (use the search box feature to browse the posts on this). There are some who rave about it in this thread. Others say it didn't work for them at this thread or this one or this one. Three page thread. I have done a lot of work for you on this so you use the search box like I did and go fishing for posts on this since this subject has come up before. Have you heard about the Rosacea X-Factor? I think you will be a lot happier with the ZZ Cream. By the way, it won't hurt to use both the ZZ Cream at night and metronidazole during the day.[/QUOTE

Thank you so much I really do appreciate your advice and your help. I have been reading through many posts but for some reason when I used the search box my keywords were not used in the search. I have read that many people thought it worked for them and many people didn't think so. I didn't see anything specific about anyone who tried it, stopped it, and then it got worse so I will just take your advice and reduce the use till once a day. I haven't heard of rosacea x factor. Very interesting. I will keep the forum updated on my progress with what works and what doesn't. I will also continue looking for other posts and read through everyone's ongoing journey. Thanks again!