Thread: Ivermectin + moisturizer for more extreme cases

Default Ivermectin + moisturizer for more extreme cases

I've been dealing with rosacea for around 6 years now, it just started out of nowhere and I tried a ton of products, but all seemed to aid with very mild cases. I ran across a forum discussing using the 1.87% ivermectin paste, used as a reformer for horses, and thought to give it a try. This has been, by far, the best solution for me in terms of eliminating bumps and pastures, but I had issues with redness (especially triggered from drinking and sugar). I tried several products but the one that almost completely eliminated the redness was era organics Soothe moisturizer.

My routine is fairly simple, twice daily (morning after a shower and night after washing my face) apply the moisturizer and after it has dried off apply the ivermectin (you can be thorough as it's very cheap to buy), and leave it on; additionally I try to keep on top of daily vitamins and wash my face at least once in the middle of the day, and I'll use a Jergens moisturizer after, but that's less pertinent.

There is a delayed effect from this, so dont get down on yourself when it takes 3 weeks to see big results, inversely, if I go off of it it will take a week or two for the bad rosacea to return, but I advise keeping with it as the process is much easier and uses less when your face is nice and clear. I dont have pictures at its very worst, but you can see the before and after from prior products to this.

I know there is no cure-all, but over the past year my face has consistently looked great with no relapses when I keep decent care, but I can get away with skipping a few days here and there without negative results.

Default Apologies I cannot upload the photos

For reference, the before is a full red flush of my checks and nose, with large pimple-esque bumps (approximately 10-15 on each cheek, with one or two being very large). The after photos you can see smooth skin, only slightly pink relative to the rest of the face (almost unnoticeable if you arent looking for it) and no bumps. I will occasionally get a couple bumps since I dont change my lifestyle at all for this, I still have too many carbs, too much sugar and drink at most social gatherings (not college-level drinking, but average at least once a weekend). I wish you all the best of luck, and even if this doesnt work for your case, keep at it as it took me about 40 different products to find what worked, and it's still a remedy, not a cure.

Thanks for your experience. Horse paste has been around since at least 2017 according to our investigation and many have reported it works, some say even better than Soolantra. There are a few here at RF who have tried oral ivermectin with success.

You will find that more in RF are using the ZZ cream than horse paste. Many at RF also report success in reducing sugar/carbohydrate. You may want to read this post about alcohol and rosacea. Keep us posted on your experience and any updates.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi

Hi Chuck. Thanks for sharing. I don't see any photo's, maybe you've forgotten to add them?

I just tried Era-Organics this afternoon since I was curious and it immediately made me more red (within 5-10 minutes). Strangely enough I tried spot testing on my wrist and was fine.

I normally use Vanicream btw, which works fine, but thought I'd try this based on the reviews.

did you ever try soolantra?

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    Hi Chuck. Thanks for sharing. I don't see any photo's, maybe you've forgotten to add them?
    Chuck89 has limited abilities. See the limits are mentioned on the home page:

RF_limits.jpg
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi

Yes unfortunately I guess my profile is too new to upload photos, probably should have made one when I first read up on it. In regards to the photos please see my initial reply as it at least describes them. Pertaining to the era organics I think I had some issues initially as well, I think a lot can be situational so maybe test it out again sometime. Generally it takes about 3 weeks of 2x a day to get back to great condition if its in a bad spot.
    My theory is based on various posts here regarding demodex, the time it takes to kill them and the conditioning worsening initially after you do. Ive previouslt tried Castor Oil overnight and it really feels like they are crawling on your skin under this thick liquid, it is just really annoying to have on your face so long and sleep on towels, so I stick with ivermectin and moisturizer.

If I stop for a few weeks because it looks good and I forget, generally it looks worse after the first few days, but after 2-3 weeks is great again. Ive tried oral ivermectin based on weight and that does actually make it go a little faster in my experience. I havent tried soolantra given this has worked so well, but I think every case is unique. Mine would surely be even better if I avoided triggers, but I dont want this to control my life. I am just happy to say its a good and inexpensive method to try (the era organics is the only semi expensive bit of it and none of this requires a prescription). My advice in any case is to keep at it because once it looks better it is an amazing feeling to have your face back instead of looking worse than a teenager that gave up and let their acne take over.