Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sensitive to topical treatments after Vbeam laser??

Default Sensitive to topical treatments after Vbeam laser??

Hi everyone,
    I need some help. I have both rosacea and seborrheic dermatitis.
    I got three sessions of Vbeam for rosacea towards the end of last year.
    Around 10 days after the last one, I used Nizoral on my scalp for the first time, for Seborrheic dermatitis.
    I had a terrible reaction to the Nizoral. It caused redness, dryness and made everything worse.

Do you think I am sensitive to Nizoral full stop, or was it the recent Vbeam that made my skin sensitive to Nizoral. If its the latter, maybe I'm ok to try Nizoral again as its been several months now since the Vbeam?

Many thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Teenspirit1 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I need some help. I have both rosacea and seborrheic dermatitis.
    I got three sessions of Vbeam for rosacea towards the end of last year.
    Around 10 days after the last one, I used Nizoral on my scalp for the first time, for Seborrheic dermatitis.
    I had a terrible reaction to the Nizoral. It caused redness, dryness and made everything worse.

Do you think I am sensitive to Nizoral full stop, or was it the recent Vbeam that made my skin sensitive to Nizoral. If its the latter, maybe I'm ok to try Nizoral again as its been several months now since the Vbeam?

Many thanks for your help.
    I assume you got the vbeam on your face, not your scalp. It sounds like you are allergic to Nizoral... maybe the vbeam made the reaction worse but Iíd be more inclined to blame the Nixoral. What does everybody else think?
    Molly

Hi Molly, yes I got the Vbeam on the face.
    Thanks,

A few people have told me they experienced very extreme dryness after using Nizoral. I suspect it's because the surfactant in Nizoral is SLS or SLeS.

The basis for my opinion is that ketoconazole itself is mild, and easy to tolerate as a topical treatment, so it must be one of the other ingredients in the shampoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Busby View Post
    A few people have told me they experienced very extreme dryness after using Nizoral. I suspect it's because the surfactant in Nizoral is SLS or SLeS.

The basis for my opinion is that ketoconazole itself is mild, and easy to tolerate as a topical treatment, so it must be one of the other ingredients in the shampoo.
    I tried the Nizoral cream and it irritates me aswell. All Seborrhoeic Dermatitis shampoos irritate my skin.

Hi Tom, thanks for the feedback. Do you think there is a good chance that Ketoconazole shampoos other than Nizoral, may not cause a bad reaction, if some of the other ingredients are gentle?
    e.g. there a 1% ketoconazole shampoo called Regenepure, that claims to be more gentle than Nizoral.

My skin usually does not react so badly to topical treatments.

Thanks,

Regenpure shampoo looks like it's worth trying, but don't expect too much from ketoconazole. In my experience, it's a lot better than not using anything at all, but it doesn't fully treat the problem.

The other problem with ketoconazole is that it has feminizing properties on men, so you'd want to be on guard for any signs of that. This is probably reversible by discontinuing use so it's not a total deal-killer, but I'd be wrong not to mention it.

Here are the ingredients in Regenpure shampoo:
    Aqua (Deionized Water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe Vera Gel) Juice, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Carbomer, Glycerin, PEG-8, Ketoconazole, Niacin (Vitamin-B3), Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto) Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Proteins, Dimethicone, Allantoin, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin-C), Pyridoxine HCl (Vitamin-B6), Linolenic Acid, Emu Oil, dl-Panthenol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Menthol, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Oil, Hexylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid, PEG-25 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Oil, Caffeine, Zinc Oxide, Guanine, Polysorbate-80, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, FD&C Blue #1. Active Ingredients: 1% Ketoconazole

You can see the "1 percent line" in this INCI list, because the ketoconazole (in bold) is 1% -- everything after it can be in any order without regard to which is more or which is less. Therefore, the "bad" oils might be in very small concentrations -- again, not a perfect product and it may have some problems to look out for.

Plus, salicylic acid is too harsh for hair, and makes it appear dull and straw-like. With all that being said, you'd really have to buy it and try it.

Regenpure shampoo looks like it's worth trying, but don't expect too much from ketoconazole. In my experience, it's a lot better than not using anything at all, but it doesn't fully treat the problem.

The other problem with ketoconazole is that it has feminizing properties on men, so you'd want to be on guard for any signs of that. This is probably reversible by discontinuing use so it's not a total deal-killer, but I'd be wrong not to mention it.

Here are the ingredients in Regenpure shampoo:
    Aqua (Deionized Water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe Vera Gel) Juice, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Carbomer, Glycerin, PEG-8, Ketoconazole, Niacin (Vitamin-B3), Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto) Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Proteins, Dimethicone, Allantoin, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin-C), Pyridoxine HCl (Vitamin-B6), Linolenic Acid, Emu Oil, dl-Panthenol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Menthol, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Oil, Hexylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid, PEG-25 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Oil, Caffeine, Zinc Oxide, Guanine, Polysorbate-80, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, FD&C Blue #1. Active Ingredients: 1% Ketoconazole

You can see the "1 percent line" in this INCI list, because the ketoconazole (in bold) is 1% -- everything after it can be in any order without regard to which is more or which is less. Therefore, the "bad" oils might be in very small concentrations -- again, not a perfect product and it may have some problems to look out for.

Plus, salicylic acid is too harsh for hair, and makes it appear dull and straw-like. With all that being said, you'd really have to buy it and try it.
    Itís my face I have trouble treating. I have to use a milky wash because of my rosacea and my skin being so dry and fragile.

Iím using this
    https://bebarefaced.com/products/milky-cleanser
    Followed by avene recovery cream
    Iíve tried honey on my face for my SD and nizoral cream and sebclair but none seem to make a difference.
    Itís a night mare having both conditions Doctors want to give antibiotics which is gonna make my SD worse . Iím still trying to get oral ivermectin but they are reluctant to give it me at my doctors they just want to give me 100mg Doxy when I asked about the 40mg they said I donít think they do one we only give 100. It scares me how ill informed GPS are on rosacea

Default What might help

Hi, I feel you and I remember how painful skin might be. Even plain water on face felt like blade razors. You might be interested to do research on these potentially soothing ingredients and ask your doctor: centella asiatica, panthenol, products with neurosensin, avena sativa or colloidal oatmeal, white malva root, aloe, algae soothing masks, allantoin, soothing thermal water spray... To repair skin barrier - ceramides (I used La Roche Posay Toleriane line with ceramides and Cicaplast Baume 5, Avene tolerance extreme cleanser, white malva wash). When my condition started, I wish I had known I had to remove the flakes and use gently a microfiber face cloth after cleansing, to use MCT oil for face, to steer clear of other oils, to do a patch test... My skin feels best with only a serum without a cream on top of it
    Regarding seborrheic dermatitis I read an article by a Bulgarian derm who claimed that the cause may be sweat lacking in UNDECYLENIC ACID. For some reason the body stops producing it. Did some research and turns out undecylenic acid is a fatty acid which is present in human sweat that supresses fungi. Seems only one antifungal cream contains Zinc undecylenate 3,6 Undecylenic acid 0,9 g, paraffine, petroleum jelly which users gave rave reviews to, but the company has stopped producing it. There's a food suppliment Undecylenic acid I'd like to try. So far I've used ciclopirox olamine, climbazole, nystatine cream but nystatin, zink pyrithione. These are not the cure but still provide some relief. In this forum I think Mr Busby suggested xylitol and I can corroborate it's good for face washing. A forum user (I think Jeff) praised butenafine but here pharmacies don't sell it and I haven't used it.
    For hair I've tried Eucerine climbazole shampoo for dry hair and it didn't irritate, Selsun Blue - too drying, Ducray Kelual - didn't irritate but after using it my eyes were red (yet I kept it away from them)
    Sorry for the long post and hope you find a relief soon.
    Vessi

Quote Originally Posted by Vessi View Post
    Hi, I feel you and I remember how painful skin might be. Even plain water on face felt like blade razors. You might be interested to do research on these potentially soothing ingredients and ask your doctor: centella asiatica, panthenol, products with neurosensin, avena sativa or colloidal oatmeal, white malva root, aloe, algae soothing masks, allantoin, soothing thermal water spray... To repair skin barrier - ceramides (I used La Roche Posay Toleriane line with ceramides and Cicaplast Baume 5, Avene tolerance extreme cleanser, white malva wash). When my condition started, I wish I had known I had to remove the flakes and use gently a microfiber face cloth after cleansing, to use MCT oil for face, to steer clear of other oils, to do a patch test... My skin feels best with only a serum without a cream on top of it
    Regarding seborrheic dermatitis I read an article by a Bulgarian derm who claimed that the cause may be sweat lacking in UNDECYLENIC ACID. For some reason the body stops producing it. Did some research and turns out undecylenic acid is a fatty acid which is present in human sweat that supresses fungi. Seems only one antifungal cream contains Zinc undecylenate 3,6 Undecylenic acid 0,9 g, paraffine, petroleum jelly which users gave rave reviews to, but the company has stopped producing it. There's a food suppliment Undecylenic acid I'd like to try. So far I've used ciclopirox olamine, climbazole, nystatine cream but nystatin, zink pyrithione. These are not the cure but still provide some relief. In this forum I think Mr Busby suggested xylitol and I can corroborate it's good for face washing. A forum user (I think Jeff) praised butenafine but here pharmacies don't sell it and I haven't used it.
    For hair I've tried Eucerine climbazole shampoo for dry hair and it didn't irritate, Selsun Blue - too drying, Ducray Kelual - didn't irritate but after using it my eyes were red (yet I kept it away from them)
    Sorry for the long post and hope you find a relief soon.
    Vessi
    Thanks will look at those. Iím actually thinking of doing low dose doxy as I actually feel like I have systematic information I feel like Iím burning up like I have an infection somewhere. Iíve had a flu like cold for at least 4 months.
    I really donít want to but I feel so ill all tests coming back normal but I feel like a burns victim inside and out and had no relief for 2 years. Im so tired. Iíve tried anti inflammatory diet cutting dairy gluten sugar turmeric probiotics LDN CBD oil. The only thing the docs keep offering is Doxy itís the only thing I havenít tried. Iíve been pleading for oral ivermectin but itís falling on deaf ears they just keep offering antibiotics. Was just thinking maybe it will bring the inflammation down in my body.