Thread: Can Flushing be caused by Demodex ?

Exclamation Can Flushing be caused by Demodex ?

Flushing occurs after meals, in the evening with fatigue, when you are stressed, when you exercise, or with the other usual triggers.

My question is: How a small demodex mite can cause flushes at these specific times? I mean, the mites created an inflammation, ok; they cause pimples, ok; but why would the emotions give flushing? demodex don't give a damn that we are stressed or exercising, they live their lives on our skin and basta.

This is why I wonder, in your opinion: can demodex be the cause of flushes? Or "flushing rosacea" is just a totally other condition with other cause ?

Did people who had recurring flushes and who eliminated their demodex heal their flushes?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryohiku View Post
    Flushing occurs after meals, in the evening with fatigue, when you are stressed, when you exercise, or with the other usual triggers.

My question is: How a small demodex mite can cause flushes at these specific times? I mean, the mites created an inflammation, ok; they cause pimples, ok; but why would the emotions give flushing? demodex don't give a damn that we are stressed or exercising, they live their lives on our skin and basta.

This is why I wonder, in your opinion: can demodex be the cause of flushes? Or "flushing rosacea" is just a totally other condition with other cause ?

Did people who had recurring flushes and who eliminated their demodex heal their flushes?
    The flushes will be reduced in severity. It partly depends how much vascular damage you have, when you begin to treat for demodex mites. Demodex mites do seem to encouraged to grow in numbers and activities by certain types of food (e.g. heavy carbohydrates etc).

I have never seen any clinical paper indicating that demodex mites cause flushing.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    I have never seen any clinical paper indicating that demodex mites cause flushing.
    I can't find the link currently, but it is a current focus of Professor Powell's research investigating the link between flushing/redness and demodex mites, as he believes there is a link with this type of rosacea. Flushing relates to temperature and there is some good research linking the activity of demodex mites to temperature:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19774398

There was a hypothesis made in 2015, however, I think it should be treated with reservation.
    I say that because a large number of people have been treated for h.pylori and it hasn't made much of a difference.

Also, a large number of people have been tested for H.Pylori too, with negative results.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2568...opathogenesis/

Off topic, but related, there are a number of reports from gastroenterologists, whose patients with IBD develop rosacea and or flushing (pertaining to rosacea, not the severe type) and they have responded well to rifaximin. (targets SIBO).
    I used to have the site bookmarked, but have lost it since I got my new laptop. It is probably still out there somewhere, however.
    Previous Numerous IPL.
    Supplements: Niacinamide, Vit K2, low D3, Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Very low dose B's. Low dose zinc (to correct deficiency).
    Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
    Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
    Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
    Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    I can't find the link currently, but it is a current focus of Professor Powell's research investigating the link between flushing/redness and demodex mites, as he believes there is a link with this type of rosacea. Flushing relates to temperature and there is some good research linking the activity of demodex mites to temperature:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19774398
    if you find the article that connects flushing with demodex please cite it. The one above is quite a stretch to connect to flushing.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Mistica View Post
    There was a hypothesis made in 2015, however, I think it should be treated with reservation.
    What was the hypothesis and the article that proposes it?
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi

What was the hypothesis and the article that proposes it?
    The link is included in my above post.

In addition, (once you have clicked on the link), there are several other studies cited underneath which speak of the correlation between IBD and rosacea.
    Previous Numerous IPL.
    Supplements: Niacinamide, Vit K2, low D3, Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Very low dose B's. Low dose zinc (to correct deficiency).
    Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
    Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
    Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
    Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistica View Post
    The link is included in my above post.
    In addition, (once you have clicked on the link), there are several other studies cited underneath which speak of the correlation between IBD and rosacea.
    Sorry I missed the link. Good find on the hypothesis that the 'cross reaction between the GroEl chaperonin antibodies against the B.oleronius and human GroEl chaperonin' 'will not fold normally the ALDH2, and then the enzyme will not metabolize the acetaldehyde' and therefore, 'As a result, high amounts of acetaldehyde will circulate for longer time in the blood, until the liver CYP2E1(p450) enzyme system finally metabilizes the acetaldehyde, during that period of time the patients will experience a flushing as well as the people with the "Asian flushing syndrome" suffer when they drink ethanol.' I am attempting to find the full article.

It is difficult to wrap my head around all this but you did provide a link to the hypothesis that flushing might be a rosacea trigger caused by demodex. The number of articles written about demodex and rosacea is staggering. I stopped collecting them several years ago and it appears the number just keeps growing. Mistica, you are an incredible researcher and investigator. Sure could use you on the board of directors. By the way, if the RRDi doesn't receive enough donations to keep going it will be dissolved and then the only non profit organizations for rosacea left will be run by non rosaceans. It appears that most rosaceans could care less whether the RRDi keeps going or not. It is a sad state of affairs for me.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi