Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Do mirvaso success stories even exist?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    111
    Country: Canada

    Default Do mirvaso success stories even exist?

    I've had type 1 rosacea for most of my adult life, with not that much flushing or fluctuation of redness, but rather a consistent permanent redness on my cheeks and nose. Changes in diet barely make a difference, and the only thing that has gotten my face to be completely rosacea-free is by using the topical cream mirvaso. I only use it once in a blue moon, as there is a strong rebound for a few days before I can get back to baseline redness. For that reason, I'm worried about using it as a daily solution, as I fear the rebound could be even more serious if I were to discontinue it after long term dependency.

    I can't believe the amount of negative stories of mirvaso, but i'm wondering if there's a strong sampling bias here. Is it possible that people who have success with mirvaso move on with their lives, and those who don't end up posting on rosacea forums because they need solutions? Because I literally cannot find one post here on mirvaso that isn't terribly negative.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    310
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
    I've had type 1 rosacea for most of my adult life, with not that much flushing or fluctuation of redness, but rather a consistent permanent redness on my cheeks and nose. Changes in diet barely make a difference, and the only thing that has gotten my face to be completely rosacea-free is by using the topical cream mirvaso. I only use it once in a blue moon, as there is a strong rebound for a few days before I can get back to baseline redness. For that reason, I'm worried about using it as a daily solution, as I fear the rebound could be even more serious if I were to discontinue it after long term dependency.

    I can't believe the amount of negative stories of mirvaso, but i'm wondering if there's a strong sampling bias here. Is it possible that people who have success with mirvaso move on with their lives, and those who don't end up posting on rosacea forums because they need solutions? Because I literally cannot find one post here on mirvaso that isn't terribly negative.
    I used Mirvaso TWICE in early 2017. I ended up having rebounds for months and months and months. I developed permament basline redness.

    I've been having Vbeam laser since late 2017 to clear up the redness created by Mirvaso.

    The people who promote Mirvaso should force an entire tube of it up their ass.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.



    T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."

  3. #3
    Senior Member Mistica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,098

    Default

    The rebound was seen in the trials, but not reported.
    We know that as there was at least one member here who participated in the trials.

    My mother has glaucoma, and always has red eyelids from the drops. They all cause the same redness and she has tried several.

    Knowing this, I consider myself an imbecile for trying brimonidine.. 'mirvaso'. My rebound was horrific.

    I am sorry your laser treatments have not been successful Darren.
    Previous Numerous IPL.
    Supplements: Niacinamide, Vit K2, low D3, Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Very low dose B's. Low dose zinc (to correct deficiency).
    Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

    Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
    Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
    Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
    Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    132
    Country: England

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
    I've had type 1 rosacea for most of my adult life, with not that much flushing or fluctuation of redness, but rather a consistent permanent redness on my cheeks and nose. Changes in diet barely make a difference, and the only thing that has gotten my face to be completely rosacea-free is by using the topical cream mirvaso. I only use it once in a blue moon, as there is a strong rebound for a few days before I can get back to baseline redness. For that reason, I'm worried about using it as a daily solution, as I fear the rebound could be even more serious if I were to discontinue it after long term dependency.

    I can't believe the amount of negative stories of mirvaso, but i'm wondering if there's a strong sampling bias here. Is it possible that people who have success with mirvaso move on with their lives, and those who don't end up posting on rosacea forums because they need solutions? Because I literally cannot find one post here on mirvaso that isn't terribly negative.
    hi , ive used mirvaso daily for about 4 years and its been a lifesaver for me - seriously think i would have killed myself if it wasnt for this cream , things got that bad ...

    lots of people on here dont like it or blame it for their woes - and i accept it makes things worse for some , but for me its a godsend ...

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    310
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistica View Post
    The rebound was seen in the trials, but not reported.

    I am sorry your laser treatments have not been successful Darren.
    My laser treatments have been successful - I've been having laser because of Mirvaso.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.



    T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    111
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    hi , ive used mirvaso daily for about 4 years and its been a lifesaver for me - seriously think i would have killed myself if it wasnt for this cream , things got that bad ...

    lots of people on here dont like it or blame it for their woes - and i accept it makes things worse for some , but for me its a godsend ...
    Have you not missed a day? Curious if you have any rebounding.

    And do you use a small amount? I've considered using less and even diluting it in other moisturizer to decrease the rebound effect. I don't need my face to be completely pale, but a 50% reduction in redness would be great.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    132
    Country: England

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
    Have you not missed a day? Curious if you have any rebounding.

    And do you use a small amount? I've considered using less and even diluting it in other moisturizer to decrease the rebound effect. I don't need my face to be completely pale, but a 50% reduction in redness would be great.
    sure , i take days off from it - like this weekend for instance .... as for the rebound theory - how can you tell whats rebound and whats a "normal" flush ?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    111
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    sure , i take days off from it - like this weekend for instance .... as for the rebound theory - how can you tell whats rebound and whats a "normal" flush ?
    I have pictures of my face before I used mirvaso that I use as a reference point. If it's a lot more red than that, it's probably a rebound. And I also feel pressure and burning in my face that I don't feel when i'm just at my regular baseline.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Mistica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post
    My laser treatments have been successful - I've been having laser because of Mirvaso.
    Sorry I missed out a word. I meant to say, 'completely' successful as in returning you to a state of stable baseline paleness.

    I realise it has helped you.

    I had IPL and stopped due to damage.

    You may find your face settles more as time passes. Fingers crossed.
    Previous Numerous IPL.
    Supplements: Niacinamide, Vit K2, low D3, Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Very low dose B's. Low dose zinc (to correct deficiency).
    Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

    Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
    Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
    Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
    Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Brady Barrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Centre, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    5,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
    I've had type 1 rosacea for most of my adult life, with not that much flushing or fluctuation of redness, but rather a consistent permanent redness on my cheeks and nose. Changes in diet barely make a difference, and the only thing that has gotten my face to be completely rosacea-free is by using the topical cream mirvaso. I only use it once in a blue moon, as there is a strong rebound for a few days before I can get back to baseline redness. For that reason, I'm worried about using it as a daily solution, as I fear the rebound could be even more serious if I were to discontinue it after long term dependency. I can't believe the amount of negative stories of mirvaso, but i'm wondering if there's a strong sampling bias here. Is it possible that people who have success with mirvaso move on with their lives, and those who don't end up posting on rosacea forums because they need solutions? Because I literally cannot find one post here on mirvaso that isn't terribly negative.
    The RRDi collected over 300 anecdotal reports and stopped. Of these, 66 were positive and 242 were negative. You can find the entire list if you scroll down in this post to the subheading, Positive and Negative Anecdotal Reports.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi



Similar Threads

  1. Personal success stories
    By Melissa W in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 242
    Last Post: 13th January 2020, 10:07 AM
  2. Accutane Success Stories
    By greener66 in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 3rd June 2017, 03:05 PM
  3. Just started using Mirvaso - any success stories?
    By EstherMcI in forum Erythematotelangiectatic Rosacea
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 6th October 2015, 05:32 AM
  4. Success Stories
    By TheMediumDog in forum Newbie questions / Introduction
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17th July 2008, 04:04 PM
  5. Accutane...scared to take... Success stories?
    By Yvette in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 2nd April 2007, 01:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •