Thread: Aspirin and symptoms of type 1

Default Aspirin and symptoms of type 1

About 10 months ago I was prescribed protopic tacrolimus for a stress rash I developed after a car crash. Unfortunately for me following a 12 week period I managed to develop tacrolimus induced rosaciform dermatitis. It has been horrific. Persistent facial redness in the areas of application of the protopic, flushing in the application areas, dry skin broken blood vessels.

I have had a lot of success using some topical products from Avene, mainly the cicalfate cream. It has completely healed the damage done to the skin surface which is now completely back to normal.

What is left is a light persistent redness compared to what it was in the areas of application and a flush response to anything that heats the body, wether temperature or food.

Unfortunately I need to eat and it's impossible to avoid hot places especially at this time of year as it is winter in the UK and everywhere has the heating on full blast. As we all know with each minor or major flush it perpetuates the baseline redness stopping dilated blood vessels near the surface of the skin from beginning to repair themselves.

So I have been advised laser to put an end to this horrific nightmare I have been living curtiousy of my local GP.

However, before booking the laser I decided to try aspirin as a potential therapeutic treatment. I'm happy to say that it has had quite a remarkable affect on my episodes of flushing and sensitivity to temperature / food.

I'm not saying it's some wonder cure but, it is stopping the daily flushes which is giving my baseline a chance to heal.

I stumbled over this because I slept awkwardly the other week and used anadin extra to help with my neck pain. To my suprise it helped with my neck pain but also helped significantly with my baseline redness and my usual evening flush just didn't happen.

Following a few days on the standard 300mg dose of pain relief aspirin I began to research if it is possible to stay on aspirin long term, which it is, just not the 300mg doses. So I went out and purchased a low dose 'baby' aspirin of 75mg. I have been using it daily for the last week and I have to say, my flushing and baseline is now more or less under control.

I'm going to continue until I have done a 30 day course and assess my success but so far so good.

I'm aware this is anecdotal and may be something that only helps with my symptoms, but for what it's worth I'm sharing my experience.

Please comment if you have any experience with this or if you have any questions.

Happy healing people

Genuinely wish you all the best.

Thanks for your report which I will add to the post on this subject, aspirin for avoiding rosacea flushing has been around for quite a while but is not a popular choice or mentioned, so it is good you have reminded everyone.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Thanks for your report which I will add to the post on this subject, aspirin for avoiding rosacea flushing has been around for quite a while but is not a popular choice or mentioned, so it is good you have reminded everyone.
    Its the most effective treatment I've tried and that's including your doxycline and soolantra etc.

If anyone with type one is struggling and hasn't tried it, they should!

sounds good but aren't there any side effects and risks with daily use of aspirin? Isn't there a risk of a rebound if one day you decide to stop taking it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryohiku View Post
    sounds good but aren't there any side effects and risks with daily use of aspirin? Isn't there a risk of a rebound if one day you decide to stop taking it?
    Risk is quite low from what I can tell because the dose is so low. Alot of people take a daily low dose aspirin to avoid heart attack and stroke.

Rebound... Honestly I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by arcuri View Post
    Risk is quite low from what I can tell because the dose is so low. Alot of people take a daily low dose aspirin to avoid heart attack and stroke.

Rebound... Honestly I don't know
    Hi Acuri
    On a side note, did you see good benefits with cicalfate cream and if so how long did you use it for ?

Thanks
    MD

Quote Originally Posted by mirradodga View Post
    Hi Acuri
    On a side note, did you see good benefits with cicalfate cream and if so how long did you use it for ?

Thanks
    MD
    The cicalfate was my saviour. I have been using it for 5 months. It has completely healed any damage to my outer layers of skin. The dryness, patched of textured skin, papuals, and anything that was damage to the top layers of skin disappeared after about 2 months of use.

My skin is actually in great condition now, my only troubles are what lies beneath the top layers of skin ie, blood vessels and flushing.

Could not reccomend it highly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by arcuri View Post
    The cicalfate was my saviour. I have been using it for 5 months. It has completely healed any damage to my outer layers of skin. The dryness, patched of textured skin, papuals, and anything that was damage to the top layers of skin disappeared after about 2 months of use.

My skin is actually in great condition now, my only troubles are what lies beneath the top layers of skin ie, blood vessels and flushing.

Could not reccomend it highly enough.
    Thank you Acuri

I purchased two tubes today so hope to see same progress as you. I have very dry skin and surface redness with uneven skin tone and this UK weather does not help !

MD

Quote Originally Posted by mirradodga View Post
    Thank you Acuri

I purchased two tubes today so hope to see same progress as you. I have very dry skin and surface redness with uneven skin tone and this UK weather does not help !

MD
    Good luck, it's amazing stuff. I put it on cuts as well they heal up very quickly.