Thread: Borax Users Poll - Please respond if you have used Borax or a Borax soak

Default Borax Users Poll - Please respond if you have used Borax or a Borax soak

Please respond if you have used Borax or a Borax soak to treat skin issues.
    We have a forum member with very dry, fragile skin, so we are trying to help her.

1. Products used and how (soaks, wash, cream, mask, etc)
    2. What was your skin problem(s)? SD, Demodex, Bacterial, other? If other, please specify the skin issue(s).
    3. Was your skin dry or oily to start with?
    4. Did the Borax or Borax soak help? If so, how much did it help ( rough percentage from 0% to 100% is good).
    5. How long did you do the treatments?
    6. Was your skin dry or oily to after the treatment?
    Last edited by ElaineA; 18th February 2020 at 09:48 PM.

1. Products used: 20 Mule Team Borax-Dr. Teal's Moisturizing Epsom Salts in Bath Soaks
    2. Skin Problem: Demodex
    3. Skin Oiliness level before treatment: Dry
    4. Did it help: Yes. Resolved itchy skin and scalp issues caused by demodex.
    5. How long: 30 months. Usage while fighting off demodex: 1-2 times weekly. After oral combined treatment (ivermectin, Metronidazole) still using soaks for preventative maintenance: 1-2 times monthly.
    6. Skin Oiliness level after treatment: Dry. No change.

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineA View Post
    1. Products used: 20 Mule Team Borax-Dr. Teal's Moisturizing Epsom Salts in Bath Soaks
    2. Skin Problem: Demodex
    3. Skin Oiliness level before treatment: Dry
    4. Did it help: Yes. Resolved itchy skin and scalp issues caused by demodex.
    5. How long: 30 months. Usage while fighting off demodex: 1-2 times weekly. After oral combined treatment (ivermectin, Metronidazole) still using soaks for preventative maintenance: 1-2 times monthly.
    6. Skin Oiliness level after treatment: Dry. No change.
    I’m trying to get oral ivermectin. Does it not clear it then ?
    I want to take it to avoid antibiotics.
    Did it help oral ivermectin?
    Problem I have is my skin is too sensitive for even soap at the moment.
    I’ve bought some collagen powder to drink to see if it helps

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    Iím trying to get oral ivermectin. Does it not clear it then ?
    I want to take it to avoid antibiotics.
    Did it help oral ivermectin?
    Problem I have is my skin is too sensitive for even soap at the moment.
    Iíve bought some collagen powder to drink to see if it helps
    Yes. The Oral Ivermectin worked and quickly. I had severe blepharitis demodex (also known as ocular rosacea) as well as facial, scalp and upper body skin issues with demodex. I still do the bath soaks occasionally just as a preventative precaution. I have seen no signs of any demodex recurrence.

I did the combined oral treatment. So also took the Oral Metronidazole for 2 weeks while taking the 2 once a week doses of ivermectin. The oral Metronidazole is unusual in that it is classed as both an antibiotic and an anti-parasitic drug. I do understand that you have a serious issue with antibiotics. Oral ivermection by itself can still clear or at least greatly improve your condition.

Yes. The Oral Ivermectin worked and quickly. I had severe blepharitis demodex (also known as ocular rosacea) as well as facial, scalp and upper body skin issues with demodex. I still do the bath soaks occasionally just as a preventative precaution. I have seen no signs of any demodex recurrence.
    I did the combined oral treatment. So also took the Oral Metronidazole for 2 weeks while taking the 2 once a week doses of ivermectin. The oral Metronidazole is unusual in that it is classed as both an antibiotic and an anti-parasitic drug. I do understand that you have a serious issue with antibiotics. Oral ivermection by itself can still clear or at least greatly improve your condition.
    Technically metronidazole is of the nitroimidazole class of antibiotics that share similar chemical structures and is also considered an antiprotozoal medication. This is interesting since protozoa and rosacea certainly hasn't been ruled out as a cause of rosacea since very little research has been done on this subject. However, it has been noted that certain treatments for malaria, caused by a protozoa, such as mepacrine, artemisinin, chloroquine, and hydroxychloroquine have proved successful in some rosacea patients. ElaineA is familiar with the paper comparing oral ivermectin alone for rosacea with another group taking oral metronidazole and oral ivermectin and has cited it several times.

One should be aware that metronidazole is also listed as a carcinogen and 'has also demonstrated some mutagenic effects in bacterial cultures' according to the Mutagenesis and carcinogenesis subheading in Wikipedia.

Oral ivermectin has been given to millions of children and adults for a long time and has had a generally accepted safety record.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog ē Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Technically metronidazole is of the nitroimidazole class of antibiotics that share similar chemical structures and is also considered an antiprotozoal medication. This is interesting since protozoa and rosacea certainly hasn't been ruled out as a cause of rosacea since very little research has been done on this subject. However, it has been noted that certain treatments for malaria, caused by a protozoa, such as mepacrine, artemisinin, chloroquine, and hydroxychloroquine have proved successful in some rosacea patients. ElaineA is familiar with the paper comparing oral ivermectin alone for rosacea with another group taking oral metronidazole and oral ivermectin and has cited it several times.

One should be aware that metronidazole is also listed as a carcinogen and 'has also demonstrated some mutagenic effects in bacterial cultures' according to the Mutagenesis and carcinogenesis subheading in Wikipedia.

Oral ivermectin has been given to millions of children and adults for a long time and has had a generally accepted safety record.
    I understand any concern about something being a possible carcinogen. One study on animals claimed oral Metronidazole was carcinogenic but the test methods were questionable. Other studies following humans found no connection.

Metronidazole has been widely prescribed for 60 years and has a good safety record on humans. Metronidazole is used to treat anerobic bacterial infectons and protozoan infections.

Metronidazole has been around since 1960. It is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines, the safest and most effective medicines needed in a health system. In 2016, it was the 71st most prescribed medication in the United States, with more than eleven million prescriptions.

Alcohol should not be consumed while taking oral metronidazole and for at least 72 hours after the last dose.

Thatís why I want to take it . For my eyes as they are quite bad .