Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is not BS. I honestly to some extent have found a 'cure'

Default This is not BS. I honestly to some extent have found a 'cure'

Ok. While watching YouTube videos I watched this Korean guy talk about only washing with water and eventually your sebum levels will normalize and your skin will detox. He said it takes a few months.

Well I can report after about 3 months of this regime I feel like I'm to some extent cured. No flaking, skin seems stronger and it seems to be constantly moving toward a healed state.

I'm gonna give a bit of detail cause just saying water only is not enough. So firstly I had/have a really bad case of SD. It's not the worst but it's not mild and I've had it for over 2 decades. I have tried I think everything that anyone ever used for this condition.

Ok so what I do is I shower in the morning and dont use soap on any part of my body. I use warm to hot water and have long showers enough to get my hair clean. I am not afraid to use my fingers and hands to rub my face and run oils from my head to me face. After the shower I rub my face of any dead skin. At first I was quite rough with the towel but now I dont seem to have any flaky skin so towel pretty normally. I dont pat dry though and still rub my face gently.

I also bought a cheap shower attachment off ebay for 10 bucks which I put on the hand part of the shower. I actually don't use it much but when I do my skin does feel softer. I use a crystal under arm deodorant stick and that's it. My hair looks normal and not greasy.

So for the first week or two I still felt some flakiness on my face and in the morning tended to rub my face. But as time has gone on the flakiness has disappeared. I havent ever missed a morning shower which is why I said 'cure' cause I dunno what would happen if I didnt shower. But anyway my skin is the best it's been since I was in my teens and this regime feels natural and makes sense to me. Annoyed I didnt try this before.

I wanna give my theory on why this has worked for me. I think firstly we all do something really strange and wonder why we have skin problems. God never meant us to put a bunch of chemicals and soaps on our faces and hair and then we say why donI have this incurable condition??? Its kind of stupid if you think about it. So firstly using only water is doing exactly what our skin is susposed to be treated like imo. Also i think by unplugging out pores daily we create unnatural flows of oil. I think soap shouldn't be in such a sensitive part of our skin ie the pores and it takes a while to detox soap and chemicals out of them. So as I was saying natural plugs actually block oil flow and by using only water we keep the skin clean but we dont break down these natural plugs and oil moisture layer on our skin.

The only thing to add is recently I discovered boric acid which I have used for a few days cause I heard it's a natural antifungal and wanted to see what it did. I have found it took my skin to another level and I will probbaly use it occasionally if I never feel the fungal side of SD gives any redness etc.

So actually I really want others to try this regime, it cost nothing but needs a bit of persistence to get past the first couple of weeks but even those weren't hard. There was a temptation to grab for the shampoo and soap for the first week or so but now I wouldn't want to at all now I have seen the progressive healing I am having.

So please let's make this thread a group to try this regime and help each other do this. Btw I've tried splashing just water on my face, this isnt that. You have to really wash well with warm to hot water. You arent susposed to feel dirty ever. And you need to persist to see the real healing. Anyone game?
    Last edited by Trevi; 18th February 2020 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevi View Post
    Ok. While watching YouTube videos I watched this Korean guy talk about only washing with water and eventually your sebum levels will normalize and your skin will detox. He said it takes a few months.

Well I can report after about 3 months of this regime I feel like I'm to some extent cured. No flaking, skin seems stronger and it seems to be constantly moving toward a healed state.

I'm gonna give a bit of detail cause just saying water only is not enough. So firstly I had/have a really bad case of SD. It's not the worst but it's not mild and I've had it for over 2 decades. I have tried I think everything that anyone ever used for this condition.

Ok so what I do is I shower in the morning and dont use soap on any part of my body. I use warm to hot water and have long showers enough to get my hair clean. I am not afraid to use my fingers and hands to rub my face and run oils from my head to me face. After the shower I rub my face of any dead skin. At first I was quite rough with the towel but now I dont seem to have any flaky skin so towel pretty normally. I dont pat dry though and still rub my face gently.

I also bought a cheap shower attachment off ebay for 10 bucks which I put on the hand part of the shower. I actually don't use it much but when I do my skin does feel softer. I use a crystal under arm deodorant stick and that's it. My hair looks normal and not greasy.

So for the first week or two I still felt some flakiness on my face and in the morning tended to rub my face. But as time has gone on the flakiness has disappeared. I havent ever missed a morning shower which is why I said 'cure' cause I dunno what would happen if I didnt shower. But anyway my skin is the best it's been since I was in my teens and this regime feels natural and makes sense to me. Annoyed I didnt try this before.

I wanna give my theory on why this has worked for me. I think firstly we all do something really strange and wonder why we have skin problems. God never meant us to put a bunch of chemicals and soaps on our faces and hair and then we say why donI have this incurable condition??? Its kind of stupid if you think about it. So firstly using only water is doing exactly what our skin is susposed to be treated like imo. Also i think by unplugging out pores daily we create unnatural flows of oil. I think soap shouldn't be in such a sensitive part of our skin ie the pores and it takes a while to detox soap and chemicals out of them. So as I was saying natural plugs actually block oil flow and by using only water we keep the skin clean but we dont break down these natural plugs and oil moisture layer on our skin.

The only thing to add is recently I discovered boric acid which I have used for a few days cause I heard it's a natural antifungal and wanted to see what it did. I have found it took my skin to another level and I will probbaly use it occasionally if I never feel the fungal side of SD gives any redness etc.

So actually I really want others to try this regime, it cost nothing but needs a bit of persistence to get past the first couple of weeks but even those weren't hard. There was a temptation to grab for the shampoo and soap for the first week or so but now I wouldn't want to at all now I have seen the progressive healing I am having.

So please let's make this thread a group to try this regime and help each other do this. Btw I've tried splashing just water on my face, this isnt that. You have to really wash well with warm to hot water. You arent susposed to feel dirty ever. And you need to persist to see the real healing. Anyone game?
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ons-clean.html

Itís not new Iíve been washing with water only for last 3 weeks but Iím using soolantra itís a little hard to wash off with water. But Iíve been told just to wash with water so thatís what Iím doing .

Quote Originally Posted by Trevi View Post

There is no cure to rosacea and what you're doing is nothing novel.

Trevi,
    You may be on to something since it has been recommended when a rosacean who has been applying different treatments to just stop applying anything for a few days and only wash with water. It is phenomenal that you have success for three months. It would seem reasonable that if others try your method and say twenty or more confirm the same results, complete clearance after three months, you may have an incredible rosacea treatment that as far as I know hasn't been mentioned before about a three month trial of no rosacea treatments except washing in warm to hot water without soap or shampoo. There are some reports, and I would be hard pressed to find them, that I can recall that others have tried this for a few days and got good results. Sometimes, we just need to let our skin heal on its own, as as you have pointed out, it is possible rosaceans maybe over treating their skin with too many treatments, which borders on atopic dermatitis rather than rosacea. Thanks for your post and we shall see if others respond to this thread you have started to confirm the same results.

I have recently tried ElaineA's recommendation and have been taking bath soaks she has recommended, for about a week now, and noticed it does indeed help, but I also am using the ZZ cream for my face and the Sulfur Butter for the back of my scalp and forehead. I am not quite ready to give up the sulphur treatments and only use water, but if you can get twenty or more reports in this thread I may give this some serious consideration. I have mentioned your initial post as a 'natural' treatment for SD hoping to draw attention to others about this on the RRDi website.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Trevi,
    You may be on to something since it has been recommended when a rosacean who has been applying different treatments to just stop applying anything for a few days and only wash with water. It is phenomenal that you have success for three months. It would seem reasonable that if others try your method and say twenty or more confirm the same results, complete clearance after three months, you may have an incredible rosacea treatment that as far as I know hasn't been mentioned before about a three month trial of no rosacea treatments except washing in warm to hot water without soap or shampoo. There are some reports, and I would be hard pressed to find them, that I can recall that others have tried this for a few days and got good results. Sometimes, we just need to let our skin heal on its own, as as you have pointed out, it is possible rosaceans maybe over treating their skin with too many treatments, which borders on atopic dermatitis rather than rosacea. Thanks for your post and we shall see if others respond to this thread you have started to confirm the same results.

I have recently tried ElaineA's recommendation and have been taking bath soaks she has recommended, for about a week now, and noticed it does indeed help, but I also am using the ZZ cream for my face and the Sulfur Butter for the back of my scalp and forehead. I am not quite ready to give up the sulphur treatments and only use water, but if you can get twenty or more reports in this thread I may give this some serious consideration. I have mentioned your initial post as a 'natural' treatment for SD hoping to draw attention to others about this on the RRDi website.
    Dr George Moncrieff, the guy in the article is an interesting Dr if you look up his articles . He basically says he sees so many skin conditions from people over washing. He says the skin takes two days to recover after using soap. And he champions a non antibiotic approach to rosacea.

https://www.guidelinesinpractice.co....455070.article
    Last edited by Rubydo1; 18th February 2020 at 08:31 PM.

Trevi,

What type of Boric Acid product were you using (powder, pre-mix solution, other)? How did you use it (face wash, face mask, other)?

That is interesting that you had a noticeable improvement with the boric acid in a few days of use. Boric Acid and Borax powder both contain boron, just in different forms. Borax kills demodex and candida fungus (yeast infections). Brady is seeing some success on his SebD with the borax soaks after a week of use.

SebD is caused by the malassezia fungus. But there are 14 different species of malassezia known. Which could well be why some SebD treatments work better for some people and not at all for others. I'm curious now if Boric Acid/Borax products work on all 14 known sub-species of Malassezia or just some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    Dr George Moncrieff, the guy in the article is an interesting Dr if you look up his articles . He basically says he sees so many skin conditions from people over washing. He says the skin takes two days to recover after using soap. And he champions a non antibiotic approach to rosacea.

https://www.guidelinesinpractice.co....455070.article
    Trevi,
    I found your post fascinating and thank you for taking the time to share. I must say I think I've been doing this water treatment all along (20 years) and only when things worsened in the past year or two I had to try other things. My routine was to take a very hot shower and rinse my face, then wait a minute or two and then use the tips of my fingers to kind of scrub off the dead skin on my face. My skin would always seem better the next day, but it would dry out my skin so much that I'd have to moisturize and that would make things worse again. I suppose if I had done it nightly and not used any moisturizer it might have cleared completely. I was always afraid I was damaging my skin with the hot water and scrubbing, and I live in a cold climate so the dryness was just too much. My theory is that the hot water opens the pores, and the scrubbing sloughs off/pushes out the demodex mites. I could be totally wrong about this, but I do know the mites were a big part of my rosacea and now that I'm in the process of treating that with ZZ cream, it's so much better. I completely agree with those who have said the abundance of creams/cleansers/medications may be too much for our skin. When I was prescribed a cortisone cream for my SD on my hairline, things got worse, and then I developed perioral dermatitis which I later found out can be caused by cortisone creams. We also moved into a house with carpeting and I had to use an asthma inhaler each night... again more steroids. After figuring out this big puzzle I have gone all natural- no sugar, no medications, only natural moisturizer, and a gut cleanse. I'm really trying to limit my chemical exposure and my skin looks amazing. I like to say it's "cured" but I know it will be a lifelong journey. I do think we're on to something, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ons-clean.html

Itís not new Iíve been washing with water only for last 3 weeks but Iím using soolantra itís a little hard to wash off with water. But Iíve been told just to wash with water so thatís what Iím doing .

No offence but when I say only water that means ONLY water. As long as you are putting some chemical concoction on your skin that nature never intended and having symptoms you cant say you have a skin problem. All you can say is you have a reaction to whatever you are putting on your face.

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineA View Post
    Trevi,

What type of Boric Acid product were you using (powder, pre-mix solution, other)? How did you use it (face wash, face mask, other)?

That is interesting that you had a noticeable improvement with the boric acid in a few days of use. Boric Acid and Borax powder both contain boron, just in different forms. Borax kills demodex and candida fungus (yeast infections). Brady is seeing some success on his SebD with the borax soaks after a week of use.

SebD is caused by the malassezia fungus. But there are 14 different species of malassezia known. Which could well be why some SebD treatments work better for some people and not at all for others. I'm curious now if Boric Acid/Borax products work on all 14 known sub-species of Malassezia or just some of them.

Boric acid powder , maybe a teaspoon mixed in with half a cup of water. Much of it doesnt dissolve. Just rub it over the central parts of my face and leave on for a few minutes. Rinse fully off with water. You don't want it getting in your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by redvelvet View Post
    Trevi,
    I found your post fascinating and thank you for taking the time to share. I must say I think I've been doing this water treatment all along (20 years) and only when things worsened in the past year or two I had to try other things. My routine was to take a very hot shower and rinse my face, then wait a minute or two and then use the tips of my fingers to kind of scrub off the dead skin on my face. My skin would always seem better the next day, but it would dry out my skin so much that I'd have to moisturize and that would make things worse again. I suppose if I had done it nightly and not used any moisturizer it might have cleared completely. I was always afraid I was damaging my skin with the hot water and scrubbing, and I live in a cold climate so the dryness was just too much. My theory is that the hot water opens the pores, and the scrubbing sloughs off/pushes out the demodex mites. I could be totally wrong about this, but I do know the mites were a big part of my rosacea and now that I'm in the process of treating that with ZZ cream, it's so much better. I completely agree with those who have said the abundance of creams/cleansers/medications may be too much for our skin. When I was prescribed a cortisone cream for my SD on my hairline, things got worse, and then I developed perioral dermatitis which I later found out can be caused by cortisone creams. We also moved into a house with carpeting and I had to use an asthma inhaler each night... again more steroids. After figuring out this big puzzle I have gone all natural- no sugar, no medications, only natural moisturizer, and a gut cleanse. I'm really trying to limit my chemical exposure and my skin looks amazing. I like to say it's "cured" but I know it will be a lifelong journey. I do think we're on to something, though.

I can only vouch for myself and for SD not other conditions. But there is a simple logic here. We cant say we have a skin problem and be putting an alien substance on our skin's especially in such a sensitive area as our face where pores go deeper into the body. Imagine taking a substance and rubbing it into your arm and if it goes red and peeling you assume of I must have a genetic skin condition. It's ridiculous we can't see out of this prison the beauty industry has put us. We remove our natural oils that our body makes and then replace them with a cocktail of chemicals and conclude my skin has a problem.

Actually until you stop the moisturising and you only use water for at least a month or two you can't really say you have tried this. Even the moisturizers we all like to call natural like coconut oil or jojoba oil etc are completely alien to our skin....they are not susposed to be there. Please try only water and persist with it. Skin needs to detox and think of the years of putting chemicals deep into our pores. The skin needs time to recover from what WE did to it.

I would add I dont use very hot water just pleasantly warm. And also no shampoo. You have to do a complete detox of chemicals on your skin.