Thread: Borax + Epsom Salts Bath reported to help SD sufferer - from RRdi

Default Borax + Epsom Salts Bath reported to help SD sufferer - from RRdi

New post over on the RRdi website from an SD sufferer. User reports 5 consecutive days of doing the full body Borax-Epsom salts soak and washing the face and hair with the soaking solution. The report is that the soak has helped SD issues on the scalp and face. It good to see a user's report that the full body soak is helpful for an SD sufferer as well as for demodex. It is also possible, that treating the full body will reduce the overall body-wide levels of SD and/or demodex and keep the fungus from spreading back on the face and scalp. Some researchers have also suspected that the demodex mites track SD fungus and bacteria back down into the pores at night while mating.

Soaking in Borax for yeast (candida) fungal infections has been a tried and true treatment recommended by OB/GYN doctors for over 30 years. I know from my own experience that it works on demodex. The Borax dip is known to work on dogs with demodetic mange. Now it we have some good evidence that full body borax-epsom salt soak may also help treat SD.

Post is here along with the Borax-Epsom salts bath info: https://irosacea.org/forums/topic/38...ectic-rosacea/

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineA View Post
    New post over on the RRdi website from an SD sufferer. User reports 5 consecutive days of doing the full body Borax-Epsom salts soak and washing the face and hair with the soaking solution. The report is that the soak has helped SD issues on the scalp and face. It good to see a user's report that the full body soak is helpful for an SD sufferer as well as for demodex. It is also possible, that treating the full body will reduce the overall body-wide levels of SD and/or demodex and keep the fungus from spreading back on the face and scalp. Some researchers have also suspected that the demodex mites track SD fungus and bacteria back down into the pores at night while mating.

Soaking in Borax for yeast (candida) fungal infections has been a tried and true treatment recommended by OB/GYN doctors for over 30 years. I know from my own experience that it works on demodex. The Borax dip is known to work on dogs with demodetic mange. Now it we have some good evidence that full body borax-epsom salt soak may also help treat SD.

Post is here along with the Borax-Epsom salts bath info: https://irosacea.org/forums/topic/38...ectic-rosacea/
    Thatís fine unless you have seriously dry or sensitive skin

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    Thatís fine unless you have seriously dry or sensitive skin
    Quite right Ruby, but I have oily skin. It has really helped my skin soaking entirely in borax and epsom salt, as well as my scalp. ElaineA has another recipe for those in the UK, but not sure if this helps dry skin or not? Maybe ElaineA has a recommendation for dry skin?
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Quite right Ruby, but I have oily skin. It has really helped my skin soaking entirely in borax and epsom salt, as well as my scalp. ElaineA has another recipe for those in the UK, but not sure if this helps dry skin or not? Maybe ElaineA has a recommendation for dry skin?
    Good question Brady. I will start 2 new threads asking for responses from those who have tried (1)Borax or (2)Boric acid to see if any had dry skin. We may be able to find out more about how boric acid affects dry skin and if there is a solution that can make it work for dry skin.

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineA View Post
    Good question Brady. I will start 2 new threads asking for responses from those who have tried (1)Borax or (2)Boric acid to see if any had dry skin. We may be able to find out more about how boric acid affects dry skin and if there is a solution that can make it work for dry skin.
    Great idea