Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you Flush every Evening at the Same Time ?

Mine seems to come on between 6 - 7 PM every night.. but I'm always pink/red. Usually it's intense in my ears at this point and just more red on my face.

I normally feel hot between 6pm and 8pm, more so if I have a hot meal.

I try to do all my eating for the day between 12pm and 6pm.

By around 10pm, my body is generally much cooler. If I can resist the urge to go to checking my skin i nthe mirror, I'm less likely to get irritated, annoyed and subsequently hot.

After using Mirvaso, my face was always red from around 5pm for a LONG time. I've had several laser treatments, and it generally stays the same colour now.

Changing my diet to get rid of sugar and other such inflammation drivers seems to have helped.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."

Default Can flushing be caused by Demodex?

Flushing occurs after meals, in the evening with fatigue, when you are stressed, when you exercise, or with the other usual triggers.

My question is: How a small demodex mite can cause flushes at these specific times? I mean, the mites created an inflammation, ok; they cause pimples, ok; but why would the emotions give flushing? demodex don't give a damn that we are stressed or exercising, they live their lives on our skin and basta.

This is why I wonder, in your opinion: can demodex be the cause of flushes? Or "flushing rosacea" is just a totally other condition with other cause ?

Did people who had recurring flushes and who eliminated their demodex heal their flushes?

Default Can it be sinus related?

I have similar symptoms - night flushing and a hives like itchy rash on neck (the latter seems to have disappeared since I gave up dairy and sugar). I can sense it when a flush is coming beforehand, first my eyes feel warmer, nasal passageways get dry and swollen and there it is - a burning nose and sometimes cheeks. My ophtalmologist said I've got blepharitis and exluded ocular rosacea. Maybe I need to go to an otolaryngologist too. I agree that it's an internal disease. I thought it could be a dust allergy or sinus infection. What do you do to caml down the flare-up? I use green tea leaves as a mask; sheet masks with green tea aren't that effective. Please, keep me posted on your findings. I'll also appreciate it if anyone could suggest something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryohiku View Post
    Flushing occurs after meals, in the evening with fatigue, when you are stressed, when you exercise, or with the other usual triggers.

My question is: How a small demodex mite can cause flushes at these specific times?
    Demodex mites are part of the flushing process - you will also know if you have a lot of untreated demodex mites due to itchiness which may well be stronger around flush times. However, when you eat a meal involving heavy carbohydrates such as potatoes or sugar, this also increases the blood pressure which has an impact on flushing (hence medicines such as moxonodine which control blood pressure and keep it stable can be very helpful to significantly reduce mealtime flushing, particularly if you have average to high blood pressure).

I mean, the mites created an inflammation, ok; they cause pimples, ok; but why would the emotions give flushing? demodex don't give a damn that we are stressed or exercising, they live their lives on our skin and basta. Mites do become more active the higher the temperature up to about 40C, so if you get warmer through exercising this is likely to activate them.

This is why I wonder, in your opinion: can demodex be the cause of flushes? Or "flushing rosacea" is just a totally other condition with other cause ?

You have to tackle all the causes of your flushing, not just demodex (but if you don't tackle demodex, which are much harder to tackle than most people think, then you'll never get as much relief as you could by severely controlling their population on your body). If you have significant emotionally related flushing you might consider propranolol. For meal time flushing, moxonodine and hydroxychloroquine are really helpful. Aspirin can also help dampen down a flush but for me are a bit useless without alpha blockers (moxonodine or clonidine).

Did people who had recurring flushes and who eliminated their demodex heal their flushes?
    Controlling the demodex mites with zhongzhou cream reduced flushing and redness by about 30% for me. Medicines reduced flushing about about 30-40%.
    I've answered the questions above where you asked them.
    Last edited by antwantsclear; 24th February 2020 at 02:56 PM.