Thread: IPL Kills Demodex Mites

Default IPL Kills Demodex Mites

It has been well established that mites do not like light and come out an night and during the day bury themselves deep into the skin. Now we have on good authority a "video [that] directly demonstrates the effect of IPL on a live Demodex mite extracted from a freshly epilated eyelash. The results suggest that IPL application with settings identical to those used for treatment of DED due to MGD causes a complete destruction of the organism." For more information

So if you can afford IPL treatments you can zap the little buggers with light which does indeed work. But remember, they keep coming back, so you have to have repeat IPL treatments.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    It has been well established that mites do not like light and come out an night and during the day bury themselves deep into the skin. Now we have on good authority a "video [that] directly demonstrates the effect of IPL on a live Demodex mite extracted from a freshly epilated eyelash. The results suggest that IPL application with settings identical to those used for treatment of DED due to MGD causes a complete destruction of the organism." For more information

So if you can afford IPL treatments you can zap the little buggers with light which does indeed work. But remember, they keep coming back, so you have to have repeat IPL treatments.
    I have an ipl machine. I did do it on my chin but only on level 2. I would dare at the moment.

The level of risk of IPL and laser means they are unlikely to be a sensible and long term approach to killing demodex mites.

personally I flush/get red on parts where I wouldn't want to risk it with a laser but on and around my nose I have tiny broken capillaries which I would like to treat some day probably