Thread: Dr said it could be rosacea?

Default Dr said it could be rosacea?

I am new to this forum, 36 year old female and beyond frustrated. It's been 10 years since my symptoms started. They have worsed over the last 6 months. I used to get random episodes of burning red cheeks triggered by a hot shower, extreme temperature changes, hot rooms, spicy foods, alchohol, and stress/emotions. However I'd have the redness for the day and then it'd go away for weeks, then come back and go away again. Now it's more constant with the redness now including not only my cheeks but chin as well. Also when having the episodes my eyes now burn and sting and get puffy just like my hot, red cheeks do. I talked to my primary dr and she seemed more concerned about lupus so she ordered a slew of blood work for autoimmune ana/antibodies and all kinds of tests for other immune issues as my WBC count is chronically elevated but not high...the upper limit is an 11 and mine has been 12-13 for the last 7 years. Everything came back negative except my c-reactive protein is also elevated and once again has been elevated for 7 years which means inflammation of some kind. I dont have any arthritic conditions that I know of. I do have high bp, controlled by meds and PCOS. Anyway, I also asked if it could be rosacea and she said it could be but wanted to to rule out other conditions. Which that's what the several rounds of blood work was for, however now she doesn't seem to be that concerned about my red cheeks/chin. So, what do I do next? Should I see another dr? The redness is embarrassing and uncomfortable due to the hot sensation I get. Also, i read about carcinoid syndrome online and that has me freaked out...so I'm totally stressing which makes the redness worse. Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Warren1122 View Post
    I am new to this forum, 36 year old female and beyond frustrated. It's been 10 years since my symptoms started. They have worsed over the last 6 months. I used to get random episodes of burning red cheeks triggered by a hot shower, extreme temperature changes, hot rooms, spicy foods, alchohol, and stress/emotions. However I'd have the redness for the day and then it'd go away for weeks, then come back and go away again. Now it's more constant with the redness now including not only my cheeks but chin as well. Also when having the episodes my eyes now burn and sting and get puffy just like my hot, red cheeks do. I talked to my primary dr and she seemed more concerned about lupus so she ordered a slew of blood work for autoimmune ana/antibodies and all kinds of tests for other immune issues as my WBC count is chronically elevated but not high...the upper limit is an 11 and mine has been 12-13 for the last 7 years. Everything came back negative except my c-reactive protein is also elevated and once again has been elevated for 7 years which means inflammation of some kind. I dont have any arthritic conditions that I know of. I do have high bp, controlled by meds and PCOS. Anyway, I also asked if it could be rosacea and she said it could be but wanted to to rule out other conditions. Which that's what the several rounds of blood work was for, however now she doesn't seem to be that concerned about my red cheeks/chin. So, what do I do next? Should I see another dr? The redness is embarrassing and uncomfortable due to the hot sensation I get. Also, i read about carcinoid syndrome online and that has me freaked out...so I'm totally stressing which makes the redness worse. Help!
    It honestly sounds like plain old rosacea. It tends to get worse over time, and the puffy/burning eyes you described leads me to think it could be demodex mites. I found this forum back in November, looked at tons of pics on here, decided I had subtype II, ordered ZZ cream, did 3 detox cleanses, and today I can actually say for the first time in 20 years my skin is clear. If you go to a dermatologist they will try different antibiotic creams which will treat the redness but will not prevent the redness. You are much better off doing a ton of research on this website and trying different solutions yourself. There is a post by Red Recluse which was very eye opening to me and that was the first time I realized I was probably reacting to demodex mites. You can see my pics on my thread "started ZZ cream today (with pic)" Good Luck!!

Default Here are pics of the redness

This is what my face looks like during an episode.
    Attached Images

It is good your primary is ruling out all the rosacea mimics and other skin conditions presenting with erythema. The differential diagnosis for rosacea is massive and the list keeps growing. You may want to ask your physician about treatment with the Gold Standard for rosacea. Another possibility is to treat with an over the counter treatment for demodectic rosacea which usually takes 120 days for clearance but you should see improvement within thirty days, i.e., the ZZ cream. As redvelvet points out, RedRecluse is a big fan of the ZZ cream and you can read his posts here, or simply go to this one or AKA's My experiences with the infamous ZZ cream so far.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 26th January 2020 at 06:02 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi