Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Here

Default Newbie Here

Hi everyone,

Hope your all well.

As you can tell I am here as i suffer (Doctors believe its the type 1 Rosacea)

Hopefully with the information I am about to post someone in the same boat could have some suggestions for me?

Be a great help.

All started with a summer holiday to Cyprus, I was aged 15 and was getting a little sunburnt on the face and white heads on my nose (popping them & being told off the mother for doing it)

Fast forward to now. almost 32 years old and still have most of the time bright red nose.

I have tried all sorts from creams, to staying in and not going to work. Nothings working.

Recently before christmas i was given some tablets to take (3 months worth) and Soolantra.

I had mirvaso before this and the dermatologist told me to stop using it.

Soolantra is so hit and miss, can either be bright red or slightly red, i put the soolantra on over night and my face feels like burning and so im still applying mirvaso early next morning to help cool my nose/cheeks.

Done this now for over a week, is it worth sticking with it? I am not due to go back in again until March time but really cant bare having to wake up even earlier to check upon how red my face is.

The next step could be light therapy but it sounds painful and very expensive.

I have brought in baby shampoo to my routine and the white heads i was always having seem to have gone for now.

Should i carry on and bare with this for the next few weeks??

Only way i get a bit of confidence in public now is applying some make up on my nose, i am male btw.

Quote Originally Posted by TSW1988 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Hope your all well.

Hopefully with the information I am about to post someone in the same boat could have some suggestions for me?

Be a great help.

All started with a summer holiday to Cyprus, I was aged 15 and was getting a little sunburnt on the face and white heads on my nose (popping them & being told off the mother for doing it)

Fast forward to now. almost 32 years old and still have most of the time bright red nose.

I have tried all sorts from creams, to staying in and not going to work. Nothings working.

Recently before christmas i was given some tablets to take (3 months worth) and Soolantra.

Soolantra is so hit and miss, can either be bright red or slightly red, i put the soolantra on over night and my face feels like burning and so im still applying mirvaso early next morning to help cool my nose/cheeks.

Done this now for over a week, is it worth sticking with it? I am not due to go back in again until March time but really cant bare having to wake up even earlier to check upon how red my face is.

I have brought in baby shampoo to my routine and the white heads i was always having seem to have gone for now.

Only way i get a bit of confidence in public now is applying some make up on my nose, i am male btw.
    I wonder is it irritated facial nerves causing your problems or is it demodex mites? If it’s nerve related, amitriptyline, LDN or Duloxetine might help.
    Btw, I haven’t used Mirvaso but most people say to avoid it

Quote Originally Posted by Momof View Post
    I wonder is it irritated facial nerves causing your problems or is it demodex mites? If itís nerve related, amitriptyline, LDN or Duloxetine might help.
    Btw, I havenít used Mirvaso but most people say to avoid it
    Having been on duloxetine and amitriptyline knowing what I know now.
    Iíd skip straight to LDN.
    Duloxetine gave me heart palpitations and eye problems and made me sweat like a pig.
    Amitriptyline gave me dry mouth and it was on this drug I developed tremors.
    But everyone is different.

Hi everyone,
    Hope your all well.
    Be a great help.
    Welcome to RF.
    Probably the doctor gave you Oracea and Soolantra, the gold standard for rosacea currently. It usually takes 90 to 120 days for clearance, but usually within 30 days you should see improvement. You should take ten to fifteen minutes and read this Mirvaso thread here at RF. As for the Soolantra, apply a bit on your inside wrist and if within a few hours your skin turns red, you may be allergic to Soolantra. If not, the burning you are experiencing, are you applying the Soolantra only on your nose or all over your face? At any rate, in the AM wash the Soolantra off with just water (if you need a soap, use something mild like ivory soap), then apply a moisturizer, i.e., rose hip oil, or your favorite moisturizer, instead of Mirvaso. You may want to read about light therapy (photo dynamic therapy). Males do wear makeup to hide their rosacea, so just adjust to this. You need to find make up that doesn't irritate your skin. There is much more to learn about rosacea. Have you considered reducing sugar in your diet to see if this improves your skin?
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

I wonder is it irritated facial nerves causing your problems or is it demodex mites? If itís nerve related, amitriptyline, LDN or Duloxetine might help.
    Btw, I havenít used Mirvaso but most people say to avoid it
    Hi thanks for the suggestions, what is amitriptyline, LDN or Duloxetine?

Mirvaso seems to cool the face if you get me when it gets angry but doesn't really do anything? Like its sugar coating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Welcome to RF.
    Probably the doctor gave you Oracea and Soolantra, the gold standard for rosacea currently. It usually takes 90 to 120 days for clearance, but usually within 30 days you should see improvement. You should take ten to fifteen minutes and read this Mirvaso thread here at RF. As for the Soolantra, apply a bit on your inside wrist and if within a few hours your skin turns red, you may be allergic to Soolantra. If not, the burning you are experiencing, are you applying the Soolantra only on your nose or all over your face? At any rate, in the AM wash the Soolantra off with just water (if you need a soap, use something mild like ivory soap), then apply a moisturizer, i.e., rose hip oil, or your favorite moisturizer, instead of Mirvaso. You may want to read about light therapy (photo dynamic therapy). Males do wear makeup to hide their rosacea, so just adjust to this. You need to find make up that doesn't irritate your skin. There is much more to learn about rosacea. Have you considered reducing sugar in your diet to see if this improves your skin?
    Hi, yeah i think your right with the Oracea name for the tablets. I will confirm the name later tonight.

Well i have been using the tablets for just over a month now, the soolantra probably now for just over 2 weeks. I have noticed i dont have any whiteheads on my face (nose mainly) is that a sign?

I jsut tend to apply it to my nose and sometime on the cheeks but it leaves them red/white at times. It seems to work when i check before bed but then when i wake up in the morning it just looks like its massively inflamed, greasy and red.

I will wash it off with just water and give that a try, would baby soap be ok?

Are you suggesting that Mirvaso is just causing problems for the soolantra to work if i apply Mirvaso in the morning?

I do have some Moisturizer but the skin usually ends up running towards the middle of the day making me look silly.

Thank you for the links i will read up on them.

I have removed as much sugar from my diet, i try avoiding hot drinks, soups etc in last two weeks.

Are you suggesting that Mirvaso is just causing problems for the soolantra to work if i apply Mirvaso in the morning?
    After you read the Mirvaso thread I recommended you browse through I think you will be the judge of whether Mirvaso is adding to your issue or not. It is a long thread to read but if you just take ten or fifteen minutes you will know a lot more about Mirvaso. You may want to read post no 70 on page seven of the thread by Mistica and go from there to the end page number 140.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 27th January 2020 at 11:55 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    After you read the Mirvaso thread I recommended you browse through I think you will be the judge of whether Mirvaso is adding to your issue or not. It is a long thread to read but if you just take ten or fifteen minutes you will know a lot more about Mirvaso. You may want to read post no 70 on page seven of the thread by Mistica and go from there to the end page number 140.

Hi, thanks for that. Heard about some of the bad side effects it has, but it seems to be the only thing that works to take the red edginess off.

Like last night nose looked calm, woken up to a bright red nose.

Hi thanks for the suggestions, what is amitriptyline, LDN or Duloxetine?

Mirvaso seems to cool the face if you get me when it gets angry but doesn't really do anything? Like its sugar coating it.
    Hi,
    Amitriptyline was originally an anti-depressant, now mostly used at low doses for nerve related pain.
    LDN -Low Dose Naltrexone-works on a lot of different types of pain
    Duloxetine is a modern anti-depressant, also used for nerve pain.
    Each has helped me to different degrees.

Hi,
    Amitriptyline was originally an anti-depressant, now mostly used at low doses for nerve related pain.
    LDN -Low Dose Naltrexone-works on a lot of different types of pain
    Duloxetine is a modern anti-depressant, also used for nerve pain.
    Each has helped me to different degrees.

Thank you.

Woke up this morning to nose bright red again from soolantra but no redness on a test area on my hand