Thread: Dr Miguel Montero - Discover Laser

Default Dr Miguel Montero - Discover Laser

Hi UK friends

Has anybody has any laser treatment for facial redness/veins by Dr Miguel Montero - Discover Laser ? if so, could you advise how you got on and what laser was used etc ?

Also , do you know if they have a London clinic or is it just in Burnley ?

Thanks
    MD

I don't have much time to post right now, but I think I posted in a thread about this in 2018. Overall I like him and think he takes the correct, cautious approach, but I would avoid YAG entirely and think Vbeam is a much better and safer approach than IPL.

I don't think he is in London unless that changed recently.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jrlhamcat2 View Post
    I don't have much time to post right now, but I think I posted in a thread about this in 2018. Overall I like him and think he takes the correct, cautious approach, but I would avoid YAG entirely and think Vbeam is a much better and safer approach than IPL.

I don't think he is in London unless that changed recently.

Hi jrlhamcat
    Thanks for the reply. Can I ask what treatment you had ? was it for facial redness or broken caps and did it work ?Also how many treatments and were they under Dr Montero himself

Thanks again
    MD

Quote Originally Posted by mirradodga View Post
    Hi jrlhamcat
    Thanks for the reply. Can I ask what treatment you had ? was it for facial redness or broken caps and did it work ?Also how many treatments and were they under Dr Montero himself

Thanks again
    MD
    Can you search for the old thread? Let me know if you can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by jrlhamcat2 View Post
    Can you search for the old thread? Let me know if you can't find it.

I have found your post
    Many thanks
    MD

Hi

I have had many treatments with Dr Montero and he is the best laser dermatologist I have visited.

Unfortunately I had to stop seeing him as it was no longer financially viable (8 hour round trip) but if I lived closer I definitely would still be seeing him.

I primarily had IPL treatments with him following Dr Crouch's protocol, however sometimes we would also include some non-bruising PDL as well.

Ultimately I have found VBeam more effective than IPL (regardless of the practitioner) but I would highly recommend Dr Montero.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Ihaveitnow View Post
    Hi

I have had many treatments with Dr Montero and he is the best laser dermatologist I have visited.

Unfortunately I had to stop seeing him as it was no longer financially viable (8 hour round trip) but if I lived closer I definitely would still be seeing him.

I primarily had IPL treatments with him following Dr Crouch's protocol, however sometimes we would also include some non-bruising PDL as well.

Ultimately I have found VBeam more effective than IPL (regardless of the practitioner) but I would highly recommend Dr Montero.

Cheers
    Thanks for the update. Once the UK has settled down I will look into Vbeam as you suggest although still trying to find out if he offers the treatment in London ( maybe Harley st ) as Burnely is too far for me to travel to

Cheers
    MD

Quote Originally Posted by mirradodga View Post
    Thanks for the update. Once the UK has settled down I will look into Vbeam as you suggest although still trying to find out if he offers the treatment in London ( maybe Harley st ) as Burnely is too far for me to travel to

Cheers
    MD
    Hey

As far as I can re-call he only offers the treatment at Discover Laser in Burnley. Iím also based in the south and have found it difficult to find a dermatologist who offers the VBeam treatment for below £300.

I currently go to a dermatologist in Swindon who offers it for £150 but it depends whether you are happy to travel that far.

If you are interested, send me a private message so I get an email notification (I donít really go on here that much).

Cheers