Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: ZZ cream for Type 1 or am I wasting my time?

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    206
    Country: Switzerland

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    When demodex mites are killed in reasonable numbers then you do get some initial redness. This should calm down over about 2 weeks. It would be best to find a week when you don't have important meetings to attend, and then try slowly with Zhongzhou cream. There are a number of reports of type 1 being treated with Zhongzhou. Soolantra cream doesn't kill the mites so quickly and isn't as effective, although you're right it is well tolerated by the skin - its base is a moisturiser. In the end Zhongzhou and Soolantra are both designed to treat rosacea in the same way - killing demodex mites. There is some research by Prof Powell in Dublin now to show that type 1 rosacea is linked to demodex mites, not only type 2. You will see Judworth has also posted recently about Zhongzhou reducing type 1.
    I will probably look into Tea Tree Oil.

    What I don't understand about ZZ cream isn't Menthol a known Rosacea trigger?

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by opare View Post
    I will probably look into Tea Tree Oil.

    What I don't understand about ZZ cream isn't Menthol a known Rosacea trigger?
    Both tea tree oil and menthol may lead to a little temporary trauma in very sensitive rosacea skin. That's partly why you need to use a carrier oil like almond oil with tea tree oil. I use Zhongzhou cream, and a mix of tea tree oil/almond oil to kill the mites (e.g. on alternate nights) - demodex are very hard to keep the numbers really low - so the more methods the better.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    206
    Country: Switzerland

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    Both tea tree oil and menthol may lead to a little temporary trauma in very sensitive rosacea skin. That's partly why you need to use a carrier oil like almond oil with tea tree oil. I use Zhongzhou cream, and a mix of tea tree oil/almond oil to kill the mites (e.g. on alternate nights) - demodex are very hard to keep the numbers really low - so the more methods the better.
    yes, thinking at TTO and Argan Oil

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    536
    Country: South Africa

    Default

    Less is more with ZZ Cream. It's not worth putting straight cream on one's face. It should be diluted with water.

    TTO only has one beneficial/antibacterial part to it, the rest cause irritation and redness.

    To compare TTO to ZZ Cream is 'chalk and cheese'. One must go at least 1 - 3 months using ZZ Cream before throwing in the towel!

    Read my thread.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

    Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    206
    Country: Switzerland

    Default

    so last night I washed my face with Squalane oil and did my ZZ cream cleanse. After that I applied my moisturiser and Squalane oil. Squalane oil is very thin and absorbs fast. Usually I had a thick layer of grapeseed oil mixed with rosehip oil on my face. Today my skin feels way more reactive. My theory now is that I have a big skin barrier issue. So tonight I will do the same (minus ZZ cream) and put a good amount of Vaseline over it to seal the moisture in over night and see. Vaseline does not trigger malassezia

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    536
    Country: South Africa

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by opare View Post
    so last night I washed my face with Squalane oil and did my ZZ cream cleanse. After that I applied my moisturiser and Squalane oil. Squalane oil is very thin and absorbs fast. Usually I had a thick layer of grapeseed oil mixed with rosehip oil on my face. Today my skin feels way more reactive. My theory now is that I have a big skin barrier issue. So tonight I will do the same (minus ZZ cream) and put a good amount of Vaseline over it to seal the moisture in over night and see. Vaseline does not trigger malassezia
    You really need to stop with all these products, please, and give ZZ Cream and water, only a chance. I strongly advise you to stop all products on your face, except ZZ Cream and water (for washing your face and diluting ZZ Cream).
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

    Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Similar Threads

  1. Long time Rosacea sufferer (Type 2), first post!
    By TheDokkaebi in forum Newbie questions / Introduction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 4th December 2017, 09:31 PM
  2. Where type I & type II rosacea overlap
    By davem81 in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 21st October 2012, 11:23 AM
  3. Metrogel and ZZ-cream same time? (or other 2nd topical)
    By Bonefish in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30th November 2011, 05:57 PM
  4. Blood Type, Meet Bug Type
    By Brady Barrows in forum News, research articles and current affairs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24th April 2011, 06:09 AM
  5. Hello! first time caller long time listener! - Showering question
    By chris003 in forum Newbie questions / Introduction
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25th February 2009, 11:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •