Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ZZ cream for Type 1 or am I wasting my time?

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    When demodex mites are killed in reasonable numbers then you do get some initial redness. This should calm down over about 2 weeks. It would be best to find a week when you don't have important meetings to attend, and then try slowly with Zhongzhou cream. There are a number of reports of type 1 being treated with Zhongzhou. Soolantra cream doesn't kill the mites so quickly and isn't as effective, although you're right it is well tolerated by the skin - its base is a moisturiser. In the end Zhongzhou and Soolantra are both designed to treat rosacea in the same way - killing demodex mites. There is some research by Prof Powell in Dublin now to show that type 1 rosacea is linked to demodex mites, not only type 2. You will see Judworth has also posted recently about Zhongzhou reducing type 1.
    I will probably look into Tea Tree Oil.

What I don't understand about ZZ cream isn't Menthol a known Rosacea trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by opare View Post
    I will probably look into Tea Tree Oil.

What I don't understand about ZZ cream isn't Menthol a known Rosacea trigger?
    Both tea tree oil and menthol may lead to a little temporary trauma in very sensitive rosacea skin. That's partly why you need to use a carrier oil like almond oil with tea tree oil. I use Zhongzhou cream, and a mix of tea tree oil/almond oil to kill the mites (e.g. on alternate nights) - demodex are very hard to keep the numbers really low - so the more methods the better.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    Both tea tree oil and menthol may lead to a little temporary trauma in very sensitive rosacea skin. That's partly why you need to use a carrier oil like almond oil with tea tree oil. I use Zhongzhou cream, and a mix of tea tree oil/almond oil to kill the mites (e.g. on alternate nights) - demodex are very hard to keep the numbers really low - so the more methods the better.
    yes, thinking at TTO and Argan Oil

Less is more with ZZ Cream. It's not worth putting straight cream on one's face. It should be diluted with water.

TTO only has one beneficial/antibacterial part to it, the rest cause irritation and redness.

To compare TTO to ZZ Cream is 'chalk and cheese'. One must go at least 1 - 3 months using ZZ Cream before throwing in the towel!

Read my thread.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

so last night I washed my face with Squalane oil and did my ZZ cream cleanse. After that I applied my moisturiser and Squalane oil. Squalane oil is very thin and absorbs fast. Usually I had a thick layer of grapeseed oil mixed with rosehip oil on my face. Today my skin feels way more reactive. My theory now is that I have a big skin barrier issue. So tonight I will do the same (minus ZZ cream) and put a good amount of Vaseline over it to seal the moisture in over night and see. Vaseline does not trigger malassezia

Quote Originally Posted by opare View Post
    so last night I washed my face with Squalane oil and did my ZZ cream cleanse. After that I applied my moisturiser and Squalane oil. Squalane oil is very thin and absorbs fast. Usually I had a thick layer of grapeseed oil mixed with rosehip oil on my face. Today my skin feels way more reactive. My theory now is that I have a big skin barrier issue. So tonight I will do the same (minus ZZ cream) and put a good amount of Vaseline over it to seal the moisture in over night and see. Vaseline does not trigger malassezia
    You really need to stop with all these products, please, and give ZZ Cream and water, only a chance. I strongly advise you to stop all products on your face, except ZZ Cream and water (for washing your face and diluting ZZ Cream).
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    You really need to stop with all these products, please, and give ZZ Cream and water, only a chance. I strongly advise you to stop all products on your face, except ZZ Cream and water (for washing your face and diluting ZZ Cream).
    I agree with RedRecluse- putting a lot of oils on your face, and then Vaseline definitely sounds like a formula for an outbreak. Products with petroleum or mineral oil in them (Vaseline) are actually know to irritate rosacea because they place a barrier on the surface of your skin which prevents your skin from breathing, thus trapping bacteria into your skin. Vaseline works wonders on chapped or chafed skin (temporarily) but is really not meant to be used on your delicate facial skin (in my opinion). While you may find it listed in many moisturizers, growing concern has caused many brands to remove petrochemicals from their products. I would give ZZ cream a chance, diluting with water and maybe your favorite moisturizer but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by redvelvet View Post
    I would give ZZ cream a chance, diluting with water and maybe your favorite moisturizer but that's about it.

Thanks for the insight. I will try just that