Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ZZ cream for Type 1 or am I wasting my time?

the problem is knowing if it is purging or just getting worse. Usually when I get bumps which I never do I can accept its purging but if its just getting sore, red and more sensitive for me I have to stop it.
    maybe ZZ cream is enough to apply few times a week instead of every night.

It would be two weeks tomorrow and as for now I would rather stop ZZ

Quote Originally Posted by opare View Post
    the problem is knowing if it is purging or just getting worse. Usually when I get bumps which I never do I can accept its purging but if its just getting sore, red and more sensitive for me I have to stop it.
    maybe ZZ cream is enough to apply few times a week instead of every night.

It would be two weeks tomorrow and as for now I would rather stop ZZ
    I agree if it did indeed kills a Demodex surely you donít have to use it every day.

The face wash I was using I can no longer use as my face is to sore and dry now .

Maybe itís just me and my skin is not strong enough for it .

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    I agree if it did indeed kills a Demodex surely you don’t have to use it every day.

The face wash I was using I can no longer use as my face is to sore and dry now .

Maybe it’s just me and my skin is not strong enough for it .
    95% of adults have demodex mites - the problem is people with rosacea often have more of them than the average person and they cause damage to the skin and blood vessels. Even if you get rid of every last mite, which would only be possible with oral ivermectin and similar drugs, you would most probably catch them again. So with a topical cream, it is all about managing the population, not completely eliminating them. However, if you only put Zhongzhou cream on the face without concurrently treating the scalp (demodex mites like to live in hair follicles) you will struggle to manage the population, let alone eliminate them. They are very hard to manage and breed very easily. I didn't realise this when I first tried to manage them, but managing them is really important if you want to reduce rosacea symptoms - but it is not the only thing that's necessary. I wish I'd known this earlier.

Other than using various moisturising creams to reduce the dryness from Zhongzhou cream, I believe taking hydroxychloroquine and Solgar MSM also help reduce any inflammation/trauma to the skin from Zhongzhou cream. I think if you have a difficult case of rosacea you can't just rely on one treatment alone to really get to grips with it.

The level of destruction the mites can cause and the difficulty in managing demodex mite population is well explained on this website:
    http://www.delusionalinsects.com/
    Last edited by antwantsclear; 16th January 2020 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    95% of adults have demodex mites - the problem is people with rosacea often have more of them than the average person and they cause damage to the skin and blood vessels. Even if you get rid of every last mite, which would only be possible with oral ivermectin and similar drugs, you would most probably catch them again. So with a topical cream, it is all about managing the population, not completely eliminating them. However, if you only put Zhongzhou cream on the face without concurrently treating the scalp (demodex mites like to live in hair follicles) you will struggle to manage the population, let alone eliminate them. They are very hard to manage and breed very easily. I didn't realise this when I first tried to manage them, but managing them is really important if you want to reduce rosacea symptoms - but it is not the only thing that's necessary. I wish I'd known this earlier.

Other than using various moisturising creams to reduce the dryness from Zhongzhou cream, I believe taking hydroxychloroquine and Solgar MSM also help reduce any inflammation/trauma to the skin from Zhongzhou cream. I think if you have a difficult case of rosacea you can't just rely on one treatment alone to really get to grips with it.

The level of destruction the mites can cause and the difficulty in managing demodex mite population is well explained on this website:
    http://www.delusionalinsects.com/
    Thanks for the information. Whatís your view on IPL for managing Demodex?
    Iím gonna ask about oral treatment for demodex but I already know what the Derms response will be.
    Iíve gone back to soolantra for the time being. I will be asking the derm how long you can use this cream safely. Problem Iíve got is I also have constantly shedding lips for years I have no idea what causes this but it seems to be spreading beyond my lips so you can imagine zz cream on my face is not great for that either.

Thanks for the information. Whatís your view on IPL for managing Demodex?
    Iím gonna ask about oral treatment for demodex but I already know what the Derms response will be.
    Iíve gone back to soolantra for the time being. I will be asking the derm how long you can use this cream safely. Problem Iíve got is I also have constantly shedding lips for years I have no idea what causes this but it seems to be spreading beyond my lips so you can imagine zz cream on my face is not great for that either.
    I can't remember if you said if you'd taken roaccutane in the past? The cracked/shedding lips is a problem that can persist long after you finish treatment with that. Vaseline is the best treatment for dry/cracked lips probably. But as I said in the other thread, tea tree oil toothpaste may help to remove some of the bacteria in the mouth. Do you get mouth sores as well?

There are a lot of good treatments for the mouth at www.mouthulcers.co.uk.

I can't remember if you said if you'd taken roaccutane in the past? The cracked/shedding lips is a problem that can persist long after you finish treatment with that. Vaseline is the best treatment for dry/cracked lips probably. But as I said in the other thread, tea tree oil toothpaste may help to remove some of the bacteria in the mouth. Do you get mouth sores as well?

There are a lot of good treatments for the mouth at www.mouthulcers.co.uk.
    Hi, never used roaccutane. Iíve tried Vaseline it just makes the skin sloth off even more Iíve tried everything out there. My lips constantly shed Iíve had this all my life not sure what it is.
    Iíve been to hospital and the dentist today. Burning Mouth seems to be Burning Mouth Syndrome.
    He says I also have Geographic Tounge I have not got sores . Dentist says itís caused by autoimmune.
    Heís referred me to dental hospital but I doubt there is anything they can do. Iím hoping LDN might help. Iíve been on it 8 weeks now only thing Iíve noticed is my heart palpitations have stopped my left cheek has stopped burning and twitching. Iíve upped to 3mg and Iím sticking with that till I get though the three month stage. Anyone been higher than 3 ? Was going to keep going up to 4.5 and see how things go. But if things improve after 3 months Iíll stick where I am. Seeing how I canít ask my Doc as they donít Even recognise it in the NHS. Guess itís trial and error and word of mouth. But at the moment itís my only hope so worth a shot .

Hi, never used roaccutane. Iíve tried Vaseline it just makes the skin sloth off even more Iíve tried everything out there. My lips constantly shed Iíve had this all my life not sure what it is.
    Iíve been to hospital and the dentist today. Burning Mouth seems to be Burning Mouth Syndrome.
    He says I also have Geographic Tounge I have not got sores . Dentist says itís caused by autoimmune.
    Heís referred me to dental hospital but I doubt there is anything they can do. Iím hoping LDN might help. Iíve been on it 8 weeks now only thing Iíve noticed is my heart palpitations have stopped my left cheek has stopped burning and twitching. Iíve upped to 3mg and Iím sticking with that till I get though the three month stage. Anyone been higher than 3 ? Was going to keep going up to 4.5 and see how things go. But if things improve after 3 months Iíll stick where I am. Seeing how I canít ask my Doc as they donít Even recognise it in the NHS. Guess itís trial and error and word of mouth. But at the moment itís my only hope so worth a shot .
    I did suffer from a sore tongue in the past, along with the mouth ulcers - mf surgeons were useless really. I got better help from the mouth ulcers website, and then particularly from the tea tree oil toothpaste. Did you ever take doxycycline?

I did suffer from a sore tongue in the past, along with the mouth ulcers - mf surgeons were useless really. I got better help from the mouth ulcers website, and then particularly from the tea tree oil toothpaste. Did you ever take doxycycline?
    No I’ve not taken Doxycycline why ?
    This is where I’m screwed as most of my issues are down to antibiotics. I’m still recovering from the damage from antibiotics for something else that killed my guts. I really can’t afford to have antibiotics as I’ve only just stoped having loose stools for year and half plus Gastritis. Guts are raw. I’m struggling to eat as it is. Typical that I get something that the docs only offer antibiotics for.

So I ended up only using ZZ cream once 2-3 days ago and my skin is still worse. I've been afraid to use it again because I have some important meetings coming up.

A bit conflicted based on some reports I've found on here, and I'm not seeing many people reporting it helps with persistent erythema. I also don't want to go a month trying this to just make my skin worse. What's strange is that I've also used soolantra, about once a week, for the last month and a half without any sort of increased redness. I might try zz cream for 5 days after my meetings are done and reasses, but I think I'm going to need some more convincing. Any advice would be appreciated.

Has anyone else with subtype 1 / phenotype 1 had success with zz cream? I wish there was a better way to report success/failure with different products and types of rosacea than spending hours reading through long forum post--and not knowing what kind of rosacea someone has.
    Last edited by beherenow; 17th January 2020 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beherenow View Post
    So I ended up only using ZZ cream once 2-3 days ago and my skin is still worse. I've been afraid to use it again because I have some important meetings coming up.

A bit conflicted based on some reports I've found on here, and I'm not seeing many people reporting it helps with persistent erythema. I also don't want to go a month trying this to just make my skin worse. What's strange is that I've also used soolantra, about once a week, for the last month and a half without any sort of increased redness. I might try zz cream for 5 days after my meetings are done and reasses, but I think I'm going to need some more convincing. Any advice would be appreciated.

Has anyone else with subtype 1 / phenotype 1 had success with zz cream? I wish there was a better way to report success/failure with different products and types of rosacea than spending hours reading through long forum post--and not knowing what kind of rosacea someone has.
    When demodex mites are killed in reasonable numbers then you do get some initial redness. This should calm down over about 2 weeks. It would be best to find a week when you don't have important meetings to attend, and then try slowly with Zhongzhou cream. There are a number of reports of type 1 being treated with Zhongzhou. Soolantra cream doesn't kill the mites so quickly and isn't as effective, although you're right it is well tolerated by the skin - its base is a moisturiser. In the end Zhongzhou and Soolantra are both designed to treat rosacea in the same way - killing demodex mites. There is some research by Prof Powell in Dublin now to show that type 1 rosacea is linked to demodex mites, not only type 2. You will see Judworth has also posted recently about Zhongzhou reducing type 1.