Thread: Oil cleansing Balm cleansing

Default Oil cleansing Balm cleansing

I’ve come to the conclusion that water is bad for my skin at the moment.
    Someone recommended The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter .
    I used it to take some makeup off yesterday and I have used it again this morning.
    I only have a sample at the moment. I can’t feel my SD on my forehead today.
    Skin still a little sore.
    Ingredients are as follows

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Synthetic Wax, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopherol, Parfum, Aqua, Linalool, Limonene, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Citric Acid.

Anyone else used this ?
    Or had any experience of oil cleansing or Balm cleansing. I’m worried about feeding SD. But feel like my skin might benefit from not using water ( well apart from warm flannel after cleansing)
    I’ve made my own lip balm after realising most lip balms even the best have drying agents in so you keep using them. Really would like to make my own cleanser. I like the idea that if you can’t eat it you shouldn’t put it on your body idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    I’ve come to the conclusion that water is bad for my skin at the moment.
    Someone recommended The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter .
    I used it to take some makeup off yesterday and I have used it again this morning.
    I only have a sample at the moment. I can’t feel my SD on my forehead today.
    Skin still a little sore.
    Ingredients are as follows

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Synthetic Wax, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopherol, Parfum, Aqua, Linalool, Limonene, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Citric Acid.

Anyone else used this ?
    Or had any experience of oil cleansing or Balm cleansing. I’m worried about feeding SD. But feel like my skin might benefit from not using water ( well apart from warm flannel after cleansing)
    I’ve made my own lip balm after realising most lip balms even the best have drying agents in so you keep using them. Really would like to make my own cleanser. I like the idea that if you can’t eat it you shouldn’t put it on your body idea.
    I have a problem with chlorinated tap water, not with mineral water. Also, showering is a particularly drying process on the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    I have a problem with chlorinated tap water, not with mineral water. Also, showering is a particularly drying process on the skin.
    I’m not using Aldi spring water and filtering it then boiling it to wash.
    It’s my large pores that are the problem and my dry skn
    I’m using this shower oil and it seems to work well
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Atoderm-Bio...s%2C157&sr=8-5

On Sunday I took my make up off with The Body Shop cleansing butter and my face has felt not as sore. So I’m just thinking maybe it’s the way to go. But I don’t know much about balm or oil cleansing.
    Last edited by Rubydo1; 14th January 2020 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    I’m not using Aldi spring water and filtering it then boiling it to wash.
    It’s my large pores that are the problem and my dry skn
    I’m using this shower oil and it seems to work well
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Atoderm-Bio...s%2C157&sr=8-5

On Sunday I took my make up off with The Body Shop cleansing butter and my face has felt not as sore. So I’m just thinking maybe it’s the way to go. But I don’t know much about balm or oil cleansing.
    My skin stopped flushing significantly when moving from showers to bath, but I don't submerge my head, I wash my hair over the washbasin and don't get water on my face or ears. It's the chlorinated water and the heat of the showering that's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    My skin stopped flushing significantly when moving from showers to bath, but I don't submerge my head, I wash my hair over the washbasin and don't get water on my face or ears. It's the chlorinated water and the heat of the showering that's the problem.
    Yes I wash face, body and hair separately. Got a filter on the shower aswell.