Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Derma e Cleanser and Oil Free Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin and Rosacea

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    146
    Country: United States

    Default Derma e Cleanser and Oil Free Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin and Rosacea

    I have used multiple types of Derma e products and found that all of them work well. Their prices are fairly reasonable for the amount of product that you get. I'm not in any way affiliated with this company other than as a customer. Some of the reviews online are by people with rosacea who said these products worked for them. Just putting this out there to try and help those who are struggling to find a cleanser and moisturizer and may never have heard of this US Brand.

    2 Derma e Products that might help those with sensitive skin and rosacea:

    DERMA E Sensitive Skin Moisturizing Cream 2.0 oz Retail: $29.95

    Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin (Vegetable Derived), Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate (Vegetable Derived), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Vegetable Derived), Cetyl Alcohol (Plant Derived), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C Ester), Pinus Pinaster (Pycnogenolģ) Bark Extract, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Organic Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Gel Extract*, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Dimethicone, Allantoin, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.


    DERMA E Sensitive Skin Cleanser 6.0 oz Retail: $15.50

    Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin (Vegetable Derived), Decyl Glucoside (Plant Derived), Stearyl Alcohol (Plant Derived), Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Pinus Pinaster (Pycnogenolģ) Bark Extract, Allantoin, Organic Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract*, Organic Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Extract*, Organic Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract*, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemon Grass) Extract, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate (Vegetable Derived), Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.


    Product Web site here:
    https://dermae.com/collections/sensitive-skin

    Derma e frequently has sales with 15%-25% discounts. The Derma e products are paraben free, sulfate free, gluten free, vegan, etc. Derma e tends to use plant based ingredients.
    available online at their website (above), or in the US at Amazon, online at Walgreens, the Vitamin Shoppe with some products available at Target, Sprouts, Ulta Beauty and at Dermstore.com.

    Derma e has connections to businesses that sell their products outside the US. International page is here - select your country in the drop down box: https://dermae.com/pages/international

    UK:

    Store Name

    Victoria Health.Com Ltd Phone: 0044 208 9514144
    Unit 5 Atlantic Business Centre
    Stirling Way
    Borehamwood
    Herts
    WD6 2FQ, United Kingdom


    TLC Pharmacy +1475639438
    6 Kempock St
    PA19 1NA, United Kingdom
    Last edited by ElaineA; 8th January 2020 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Added International link

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    341
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineA View Post
    I have used multiple types of Derma e products and found that all of them work well. Their prices are fairly reasonable for the amount of product that you get. I'm not in any way affiliated with this company other than as a customer. Some of the reviews online are by people with rosacea who said these products worked for them. Just putting this out there to try and help those who are struggling to find a cleanser and moisturizer and may never have heard of this US Brand.

    2 Derma e Products that might help those with sensitive skin and rosacea:

    DERMA E Sensitive Skin Moisturizing Cream 2.0 oz Retail: $29.95

    Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin (Vegetable Derived), Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate (Vegetable Derived), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Vegetable Derived), Cetyl Alcohol (Plant Derived), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C Ester), Pinus Pinaster (Pycnogenolģ) Bark Extract, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Organic Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Gel Extract*, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Dimethicone, Allantoin, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.


    DERMA E Sensitive Skin Cleanser 6.0 oz Retail: $15.50

    Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin (Vegetable Derived), Decyl Glucoside (Plant Derived), Stearyl Alcohol (Plant Derived), Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Pinus Pinaster (Pycnogenolģ) Bark Extract, Allantoin, Organic Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract*, Organic Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Extract*, Organic Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract*, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemon Grass) Extract, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate (Vegetable Derived), Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.


    Product Web site here:
    https://dermae.com/collections/sensitive-skin

    Derma e frequently has sales with 15%-25% discounts. The Derma e products are paraben free, sulfate free, gluten free, vegan, etc. Derma e tends to use plant based ingredients.
    available online at their website (above), or in the US at Amazon, online at Walgreens, the Vitamin Shoppe with some products available at Target, Sprouts, Ulta Beauty and at Dermstore.com.

    Derma e has connections to businesses that sell their products outside the US. International page is here - select your country in the drop down box: https://dermae.com/pages/international

    UK:

    Store Name

    Victoria Health.Com Ltd Phone: 0044 208 9514144
    Unit 5 Atlantic Business Centre
    Stirling Way
    Borehamwood
    Herts
    WD6 2FQ, United Kingdom


    TLC Pharmacy +1475639438
    6 Kempock St
    PA19 1NA, United Kingdom
    I notice it is for sale on amazon.uk but how gentle are they ? I’ve tried AvŤne and La Roche Posay Range for sensitive skin and found they irritate how does it compare with that range ? Looks good as it’s sls free and lanolin free I’m just tired of wasting my money on products so I’m working on helping my gut. As I’ve said I’m using Cerave Smoothing face wash watered down at the moment as the hydrating one irritates my skin. Not sure why.
    But my rule of thumb is if you can’t Wash around your eyes with it it’s no good. But I’m constantly looking for something milder that actually cleans. Cos Cerave Smoothing dose have SA in but it’s the only wash that hasn’t stung my skin so far.
    Last edited by Rubydo1; 9th January 2020 at 03:22 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    146
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    I notice it is for sale on amazon.uk but how gentle are they ? Iíve tried AvŤne and La Roche Posay Range for sensitive skin and found they irritate how does it compare with that range ? Looks good as itís sls free and lanolin free Iím just tired of wasting my money on products so Iím working on helping my gut. As Iíve said Iím using Cerave Smoothing face wash watered down at the moment as the hydrating one irritates my skin. Not sure why.
    But my rule of thumb is if you canít Wash around your eyes with it itís no good. But Iím constantly looking for something milder that actually cleans. Cos Cerave Smoothing dose have SA in but itís the only wash that hasnít stung my skin so far.
    I haven't used the Avene or La Roche Posay Range products. While I haven't used these 2 Derma e products for sensitive skin, I have used about a dozen of their other products without any issues. I have had issues with other brands doing fun things like making my eyelids swell shut. None of the Derma e products have ever done that, thank goodness. Maybe comparing the ingredients of the products that you've tried that didn't work with the Derma e products might give you a clue as to whether they would work or not.

    The 2 Derma e Sensitive products use glycerin as one of the main ingredients. Have any of the other products that you have tried used Glycerin as one of the main ingredients? Glycerin is usually considered a gentle moisturizing ingredient. But if you've already tried a glycerin based product, the Derma e products might not be any better.

    Getting your gut issues improved is definitely a good idea. That impacts your immune system and possibly your skin's sensitivity.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    341
    Country: UK

    Default

    E4C07EF0-238D-4383-8E3F-4DDD0301CE41.jpg

    I’ve crossed out the ingredients in common.
    But a few people I’ve spoke to with rosacea said the hydrating face wash irritated them.
    But why the SA Smoothing one doesn’t I’m not sure which ingredient in the hydrating one is the irritant.


    Cerave Hydrating

    Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Peg-40 Stearate, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Glyceryl Stearate, Polysorbate 20, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Phosphate, Disodium Edta, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Ceramide NP, Ceramide AP, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Tocopherol, Ceramide EOP.

    Cerave Smoothing cleanser

    Aqua/Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl, Hydroxysultaine,Glycerin, Niacinamide, Gluconolactone, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Ceramide NP, Ceramde AP, Ceramide EOP, Carbomer, Calcium Gluconate, Salicylic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Lauroyl, Lactylate, Cholesterol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerine.
    Last edited by Rubydo1; 9th January 2020 at 05:02 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    341
    Country: UK

    Default

    What face wash do you use ?
    Last edited by Rubydo1; 9th January 2020 at 06:16 PM.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    146
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    What face wash do you use ?
    Most of the time, I use Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Cleansing Gel & Oil-Free Makeup Remover with Hyaluronic Acid Retails for $9.99 USD.
    When my skin is a little dry I use the gentler option Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gentle Cleansing Lotion

    Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Cleansing Gel & Oil-Free Makeup Remover with Hyaluronic Acid Retails for $9.99 USD.
    Ingredients:

    Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sodium Hydrolyzed Potato Starch Dodecenylsuccinate, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Linoleamidopropyl PG-dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium-10, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Potassium Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydroxyacetophenone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum

    Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gentle Cleansing Lotion
    Ingredients:

    Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hydrolyzed Potato Starch Dodecenylsuccinate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Polysorbate 20, Poloxamer 188, Hydroxyacetophenone, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Polyacrylate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Hyaluronate

    The Neutrogena products use more synthetic ingredients vs. Derma e's more natural botanicals.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    341
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineA View Post
    Most of the time, I use Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Cleansing Gel & Oil-Free Makeup Remover with Hyaluronic Acid Retails for $9.99 USD.
    When my skin is a little dry I use the gentler option Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gentle Cleansing Lotion

    Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Cleansing Gel & Oil-Free Makeup Remover with Hyaluronic Acid Retails for $9.99 USD.
    Ingredients:

    Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sodium Hydrolyzed Potato Starch Dodecenylsuccinate, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Linoleamidopropyl PG-dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium-10, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Potassium Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydroxyacetophenone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum

    Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gentle Cleansing Lotion
    Ingredients:

    Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hydrolyzed Potato Starch Dodecenylsuccinate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Polysorbate 20, Poloxamer 188, Hydroxyacetophenone, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Polyacrylate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Hyaluronate

    The Neutrogena products use more synthetic ingredients vs. Derma e's more natural botanicals.
    Donít think they do the second one in the uk. Iíve tried the first one.

Similar Threads

  1. Oil free, fragrence free and glycerine free moisturizer, Help plzz?
    By Miaa in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th March 2018, 05:31 PM
  2. Oil free moisturizer with SPF 30??
    By full in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 9th November 2015, 12:01 PM
  3. Oil free moisturizer cream?
    By daneel.olivaw in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28th July 2013, 01:23 AM
  4. Cleanser for oily sensitive skin
    By Erikson in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22nd October 2008, 11:07 PM
  5. Oil-Free Cleanser?
    By flemmo in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 30th June 2008, 07:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •