Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Honest Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    Right Iíve used the finca serum 2 over the weekend.
    Itís less drying than the zz cream and goes on nicely. And it calmed my skin down.
    It smells slightly of tea tree oil. No eye watering effects that you get with zz cream. I did get a few spots appear but not sure if this was die off. Unfortunately I canít carry on with it at the moment as Iím trying to calm my skin down from the zz cream as I didnít know it contained lanolin. so Iím trying to work on calming things down and repairing my skin barrier. But I can highly recommend the company. Who although small are definitely moving in the right direction. And they are open to feedback about their products.

The ingredients are as follows.

Grapeseed Oil
    Zinc Oxide
    Tea Tree Oil
    Oil Of Oregano
    Liquorice Root Extract
    Caffeine
    Emulsifying Wax
    Water
    Eco preservative

The lady I emailed who owns the company has been amazingly helpful. I truly hope she continues to branch out and maybe consider making cleansers aswell. Small companies like this I have the utmost respect for. Trying to find more natural alternatives to this frustrating disease.
    Is it this one?

finca_rosacea_relief_serum_2.jpg
    Brady Barrows
    Blog ē Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Yes that is it... if that says type 2 serum. The bottle looks similar to the type 1 serum I have.
    Well the lady who owns the company ( Finola) knows what it’s like to suffer from this horrible disease. And like you, I have huge respect for these small companies who actually want to make clean products which really help, rather than make huge profits. The Finca products are great but yes the sunscreen is oily. The oil suits my dry skin but may not suit greasier skin. It is the cleanest, least complicated one I have found.
    I wonder if you used it as your moisturiser and sunscreen in one, would that reduce the oiliness?

Quote Originally Posted by Momof View Post
    Yes that is it... if that says type 2 serum. The bottle looks similar to the type 1 serum I have.
    Well the lady who owns the company ( Finola) knows what itís like to suffer from this horrible disease. And like you, I have huge respect for these small companies who actually want to make clean products which really help, rather than make huge profits. The Finca products are great but yes the sunscreen is oily. The oil suits my dry skin but may not suit greasier skin. It is the cleanest, least complicated one I have found.
    I wonder if you used it as your moisturiser and sunscreen in one, would that reduce the oiliness?
    Yes probably. Iím just trying to calm my face down at the moment. I was getting red marks all over my face with the zz cream but it was helping with the spots so I continued I asked on amazon.com if it had lanolin in and they said no. And itís not listed as an ingredient. So Iíve been putting not only a drying cream in my face but also something Iím allergic to aswell. I think I have a bit of contact dermatitis now. Thank goodness for brady listing the full ingredients.

Quote Originally Posted by Momof View Post
    Well the lady who owns the company ( Finola) knows what itís like to suffer from this horrible disease. And like you, I have huge respect for these small companies who actually want to make clean products which really help, rather than make huge profits. The Finca products are great but yes the sunscreen is oily. The oil suits my dry skin but may not suit greasier skin. It is the cleanest, least complicated one I have found.
    On her website I filled out the contact form and asked if she would be a sponsor of the RRDi.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog ē Join the RRDi

Anybody else on the forum tried this Finca serum ?
    Thanks
    MD

sorry bit offtoptic; not their serum but I have been using the sunscreen for a few months now.

Soon I have to order it again and might try the serum 1 too

Quote Originally Posted by opare View Post
    sorry bit offtoptic; not their serum but I have been using the sunscreen for a few months now.

Soon I have to order it again and might try the serum 1 too
    Thanks Opare
    How do you get on with the sunscreen ? is it non -comedegenic do you know ?
    Lets us know your thoughts on the serum if you do purchase in the future
    Regards
    MD

Default Dermalogica

I went for skin mapping today and was recommended these products

https://www.dermalogica.co.uk/ultrac...,en_GB,pd.html

https://www.dermalogica.co.uk/barrie...,en_GB,pd.html

Anyone use Dermalogica what do you think of the ingredients

The lady I saw didnít rate Cerave moisturiser Iíve been using

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    I went for skin mapping today and was recommended these products

https://www.dermalogica.co.uk/ultrac...,en_GB,pd.html

Anyone use Dermalogica what do you think of the ingredients

The lady I saw didnít rate Cerave moisturiser Iíve been using
    Not sure where you are based, but I highly recommend visiting your local store or counter at your local department store and asking for / purchasing the little sample tear packets they have. I got a whole bunch (including some of the ones above) and quite a few were way too harsh for my skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch1 View Post
    Not sure where you are based, but I highly recommend visiting your local store or counter at your local department store and asking for / purchasing the little sample tear packets they have. I got a whole bunch (including some of the ones above) and quite a few were way too harsh for my skin.
    Yeah I did and tried the normal moisturiser that smelled of lavender that irritated so she tried the barrier repair cream then but some sun screen on top. It felt ok at the time. I washed with the cleanser in the evening and put the barrier repair cream on . And my skin was stinging for a fair few hours.

I want a barrier repair moisturiser. Did you find any from the range any good?

Iím not sure the Cerave is good for my skin but still struggling to find one.
    She said to stay away from Clinique which I have tried anyway. I just want an unperfumed moisturiser.
    Iíve also tried Ren, la roche posay, first aid beauty, Moo Goo, simple, Neutrogena.
    Iím out of ideas ??