Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Honest Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    Yeah I did and tried the normal moisturiser that smelled of lavender that irritated so she tried the barrier repair cream then but some sun screen on top. It felt ok at the time. I washed with the cleanser in the evening and put the barrier repair cream on . And my skin was stinging for a fair few hours.

I want a barrier repair moisturiser. Did you find any from the range any good?

Iím not sure the Cerave is good for my skin but still struggling to find one.
    She said to stay away from Clinique which I have tried anyway. I just want an unperfumed moisturiser.
    Iíve also tried Ren, la roche posay, first aid beauty, Moo Goo, simple, Neutrogena.
    Iím out of ideas ??
    Hi,
    I did try Dermalogica at the beginning of this horrible disease but I realised after a while that there were just far too many ingredients for my skin to tolerate.
    I find the La Roche Posay Toleraine range works best for me as a moisturiser but you have obviously tried these and a lot of other ďcleanĒ ones and they didnít work. Have you tried the Finca winter balm? I have used it in the past and really liked it too. I ran out of it and started using LRP but am happy to use either. Like the Finca sunscreen, itís very simple and repairing. Maybe you could get a sample sent to you?

By the way, I canít use Cerave either. I assume itís the nasty parabens. The American products seem to use them a lot. I think Europe is ahead in terms of skin care products but possibly behind in terms of treating rosacea variants.

Quote Originally Posted by Momof View Post
    By the way, I canít use Cerave either. I assume itís the nasty parabens. The American products seem to use them a lot. I think Europe is ahead in terms of skin care products but possibly behind in terms of treating rosacea variants.
    I have the toleriane ultra nuit Iíve tried it on my hands and it makes them itch a bit not tried it on my face yet.

I went for skin mapping today and was recommended these products

https://www.dermalogica.co.uk/ultrac...,en_GB,pd.html

https://www.dermalogica.co.uk/barrie...,en_GB,pd.html

https://www.dermalogica.co.uk/barrie...,en_GB,pd.html

Anyone use Dermalogica what do you think of the ingredients

The lady I saw didnít rate Cerave moisturiser Iíve been using
    I find it highly improbable than anyone with significant rosacea would ever find it useful to put three products on each with lots of ingredients in - the skin is just too sensitive. I do think the barrier repair cream from Dermalogica has some good reviews. However, I've been using the Skinceuticals epidermal repair cream for over a year now and that causes absolutely no reaction and is very healing - I actually use it to minimise the dryness etc from Zhongzhou - I'd say you'd be very unlikely to react to the Skinceuticals cream.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    I find it highly improbable than anyone with significant rosacea would ever find it useful to put three products on each with lots of ingredients in - the skin is just too sensitive. I do think the barrier repair cream from Dermalogica has some good reviews. However, I've been using the Skinceuticals epidermal repair cream for over a year now and that causes absolutely no reaction and is very healing - I actually use it to minimise the dryness etc from Zhongzhou - I'd say you'd be very unlikely to react to the Skinceuticals cream.
    Where do you get it from ?

£70 for 40ml ? How long does it last? Is there anywhere that does samples?
    I really need something more budget friendly as Ive used nearly all my savings already.

Where do you get it from ?

£70 for 40ml ? How long does it last? Is there anywhere that does samples?
    I really need something more budget friendly as Ive used nearly all my savings already.
    https://www.cosmedic-clinic.co.uk/pr...icals-samples/

This company seems to offer samples for the cost of post and packaging of Skinceuticals - you could ask them. The cream costs quite a lot less than the combined price of the three products you posted from Dermalogica. I think you'll find you only find one product useful whichever brand it's from - so maybe samples are the best approach.

In the end, the cheapest options are medications on the NHS if you can persuade your doctor to prescribe them - though I'm not sure that any cream other than Soolantra on prescription is worth trying (Which I think you've already used).

This is the best value supplier for the cream I use.
    https://www.dermacaredirect.co.uk/sk...al-repair.html

Quote Originally Posted by Momof View Post
    I recently learned that the EU bans 1500 ingredients from their beauty products. Guess how many ingredients the USA bans? 11. Many beauty products made in America are full of parabens, phthalates, petrochemicals, allergens, fragrance, dyes, etc. I'm sure this is no help to all of us rosaceans. Two years ago a friend gave me a sample of Arbonne Calm moisturizer (they also offer free sample sets) and I've been using it ever since. It's not sold in stores and not well known, but the company has been around for 40 years and all the products are plant based, chemical free, not tested on animals, and the company bans over 2000 ingredients from their products. I feel like the moisturizer has literally healed my skin, since my success with ZhongZhou cream and killing the demodex mites. If anyone in the US would like to try a free sample set just send me a private message. I know what it's like to spend hundreds of dollars a year on products that don't work, so I'm happy to help any way I can. Outside the US, you can contact them directly and they will get you in touch with someone local who can give you a sample set.