Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Honest Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Momof View Post
    Re. finca,
    I use the tinted sunscreen every day ( I mix the 2 colours together for the right shade for me) and have used both the winter balm (it’s lovely) and the type 1 serum ( also lovely). My skin is dry and I have type 1 / neurogenic rosacea so these products suit my skin. They are clean and pure and the lady who owns the company is motivated by a genuine desire to help fellow rosacea sufferers because she knows what it’s like.
    I hope the products work out well for anybody else who tries them.
    I have had a sore swollen couple of days. I think hormones must spark extra pain.
    I have type 1 and 2 plus ocular rosacea .
    Sorry a sore Swollen?

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    The RRDi is setup to do just that. However, getting rosaceans to come together and agree to do a project is a daunting task which I have been trying to do for over 16 years since the RRDi was setup as a non profit organization for rosacea patient advocacy and to find the cure for rosacea. Most rosaceans prefer donating to the NRS who spends each year about 60% of it donations on two private contractors owned by the president/director of the NRS, Sam Huff, and only about 10% on rosacea research. I have been following how the NRS spends its donations since 1998 and have a google sheet showing how it spends its donations. The AARS is another rosacea non profit that spends most of its donations on 'annual and mid-year meetings' and very little on acne and rosacea research, about 4% (difficult to separate how much was actually spent on rosacea but let's say 2% to give the AARS a benefit of the doubt). Some may be looking to the AAD as an example of a non profit to support who spends 3% on research out of $34 million dollars donated. You would be hard pressed to figure out how much of that research went to rosacea since the AAD researches all skin diseases, not just rosacea, so probably a minuscule amount was spent on rosacea research. What did the AAD most its donations on? In 2015, the AAD spent $17.3 million on salaries, employees, employee benefits, and payroll taxes and $5.6 million was spent on conferences, conventions and meetings for its prestigious members. There is one other non profit for rosacea in Canada, the ARSC, which doesn't have to disclose any financial information on how it spends its money like the USA requires non profits to disclose.

I have thought about offering tee shirts like you mention (by the way, clever slogans you have come up with) but I already spend enough volunteer hours on the RRDi and don't want to fool with shipping tee shirts. It might be possible to work out some arrangement with a tee shirt shop to do all the shipping which would be ok with me and possibly when someone buys a tee shirt the RRDi would get a dollar or so. Maybe after ten thousand tee shirts were sold we could then decide what to do with the money since the board of directors of the RRDi take into consideration what the members want to do with donated funds. All the board of directors have rosacea. Compare that with the three other non profits for rosacea. See who is running the other three non profits. See how they spend donations.

Raising "money for development for non antibiotic and less chemical treatment of rosacea" would probably take a lot more than $10K. But the more difficult task would be to get enough rosacean volunteers to agree to do this. Besides there are companies out there trying to do just that for commercial interest which is the motive.

I would prefer using donated funds to give to a reputable clinician who would research what rosaceans want to research, rather than the status quo research. Dr. Albert Kligman wrote an interesting article about rosacea research and mentions the "indifference of the National Institutes of Health, which with an annual budget of nearly 30 billion dollars, has not seen fit to fund a single grant for the investigation of rosacea." Dr. Kligman also says that most research done on rosacea is by the skin industry which is "voluminous literature, mainly focused on treatments sponsored by commercial interests; perhaps not the most credible source of unbiased research.” Source

Joel T. Bamford, M.D., wrote an article in the Journal of the RRDi entitled, "Is it possible for rosaceans to do research?"

For more information:

Rosacea Research in Perspective of Funding

Rosacea Research in Perspective of Idiopathic Diseases

Getting back to the point of this thread, I mentioned in post no 2 to your original post that honest reviews are dependent on who owns the review process and moderates the reviews. Amazon has been criticized severely about the review process and has tightened up their review process, but you can imagine how difficult a task it would be to weed out the fake reviews. And who is going to VOLUNTEER to do this at RF? In the past RF has a number of incredible moderators who watched posts like the police, but those days are gone. The reader has to just be aware of fake reviews. But I do understand your frustration you find on social media rosacea groups on Facebook or Reddit and it boggles my mind how rosaceans prefer social media to post their frustrations and woes and are not willing to do anything about it and want someone to sympathize with them and offer a pill or a topical that will magically cure their aliment.
    You have done a tremendous amount of work. And I know your a busy man.
    I was just thinking aloud. But it would take some setting up to do a united rosacea
    Group dedicated to collating research and developing products. But yes I think amusing tea shirts
    Or slogans could be a good way of raising money.
    I’ve thought about having one printed for myself as I actually was followed around a posh shop
    for the sole reason that I didn’t have any makeup on. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    You have done a tremendous amount of work. And I know your a busy man.
    I was just thinking aloud. But it would take some setting up to do a united rosacea
    Group dedicated to collating research and developing products. But yes I think amusing tea shirts
    Or slogans could be a good way of raising money.
    I’ve thought about having one printed for myself as I actually was followed around a posh shop
    for the sole reason that I didn’t have any makeup on. LOL
    If the tee shirt shop is willing to make tee shirts for the RRDi and ship them for us to individuals who purchase and donate a dollar or whatever to our cause, let me know what you find out.

We have this tee shirt along with some others in our affiliate store (we receive a tiny affiliate fee of about twenty five cents if someone actually purchases this tee shirt through our affiliate store), but Amazon UK doesn't have it. Sorry.

2085784096_A1oGjDIl4cL._CLa2140200081Tl79S4VL.png00214020000_00.02140.02000.0.png.jpg
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 23rd January 2020 at 09:18 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

If the tee shirt shop is willing to make tee shirts for the RRDi and ship them for us to individuals who purchase and donate a dollar or whatever to our cause, let me know what you find out.

We have this tee shirt along with some others in our affiliate store (we receive a tiny affiliate fee of about twenty five cents if someone actually purchases this tee shirt through our affiliate store), but Amazon UK doesn't have it. Sorry.

2085784096_A1oGjDIl4cL._CLa2140200081Tl79S4VL.png00214020000_00.02140.02000.0.png.jpg
    I do find your site a little difficult to navigate. So must have missed that.
    But yeah to get a shop on amazon would be good. But 25cents is not a lot.
    Or maybe Etsy Shop.

I have type 1 and 2 plus ocular rosacea .
    Sorry a sore Swollen?
    A sore swollen face!! Sorry, I must have deleted the word “face” by accident!

Quote Originally Posted by Momof View Post
    A sore swollen face!! Sorry, I must have deleted the word “face” by accident!
    Lol,right.
    Well I tried it on my face and cheeks last night. Definitely not as harsh as the zz cream.
    My skin has been less sensitive. But I’m going to try it with no moisturiser at all .

Don’t know about anyone else but I’m tired of news stories of people who have gotten rid of their Rosacea using this or that cream for two weeks. Especially on Instagram then you find these people are given these products free for them to use. The before and after pictures are usually without make up and with make up.
    Related to your point above is a post made over a year ago, It takes one to know one.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Related to your point above is a post made over a year ago, It takes one to know one.
    Hi Brady. The link takes you to some Russian site.

Hi Brady. The link takes you to some Russian site.
    Not sure what happened. Here is another link to the article.

riddock_article.jpg
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Right I’ve used the finca serum 2 over the weekend.
    It’s less drying than the zz cream and goes on nicely. And it calmed my skin down.
    It smells slightly of tea tree oil. No eye watering effects that you get with zz cream. I did get a few spots appear but not sure if this was die off. Unfortunately I can’t carry on with it at the moment as I’m trying to calm my skin down from the zz cream as I didn’t know it contained lanolin. so I’m trying to work on calming things down and repairing my skin barrier. But I can highly recommend the company. Who although small are definitely moving in the right direction. And they are open to feedback about their products.

The ingredients are as follows.

Grapeseed Oil
    Zinc Oxide
    Tea Tree Oil
    Oil Of Oregano
    Liquorice Root Extract
    Caffeine
    Emulsifying Wax
    Water
    Eco preservative

The lady I emailed who owns the company has been amazingly helpful. I truly hope she continues to branch out and maybe consider making cleansers aswell. Small companies like this I have the utmost respect for. Trying to find more natural alternatives to this frustrating disease.
    Last edited by Rubydo1; 28th January 2020 at 02:03 PM.