Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SD break out with Flu

For me it did away with most of the flaking.

I still recommend using hydrocortisone alongside it. Antifungal to kill, hydrocortisone to keep inflammation at bay

Quote Originally Posted by dpw28 View Post
    I am day 5 of suffering with the flu (real flu not a head cold)

My skin has never been on bad from Seb derm on my face, granted for these few days I've not moisturised at all and the only wash of the face Ive done is in the shower because I've been that weak from the flu.

I've taken usual paracetamol and ibuprofen which I believe isn't very good for seb derm.

Does anyone else suffer with seb derm when they have the flu/cold and when does it settle?
    Maybe we should update the dermadexin thread with this info

Quote Originally Posted by JelDeRebel View Post
    I still recommend using hydrocortisone alongside it. Antifungal to kill, hydrocortisone to keep inflammation at bay
    Iím not sure everybody on this forum would agree with you regarding the hydrocortisone

Quote Originally Posted by rednessator View Post
    Iím not sure everybody on this forum would agree with you regarding the hydrocortisone
    No I wonít touch the stuff. Canít seem to order the other cream. Something wrong with the sight.
    Problem is all the docs want to do is give me antibiotics for my rosacea and thatís gonna make all my fungal issues worse.

Quote Originally Posted by rednessator View Post
    Because most dermatologists have only prescribed antifungal OR cortisone to people . Same happened to me, it didn't work. untill a dermatologist prescribed a mix of both. Which seems to work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JelDeRebel View Post
    Because most dermatologists have only prescribed antifungal OR cortisone to people . Same happened to me, it didn't work. untill a dermatologist prescribed a mix of both. Which seems to work for me.
    That is just blatantly wrong. A lot of derms give a mix

Hardly anyone has studied virus and rosacea which is very sad (the flu is a virus in case you didn't know). If anyone could cite any clinical paper mentioning virus and rosacea I would be most grateful. Wouldn't it be incredible if 10K rosaceans got together and each donated a dollar and offered this money to a clinician who would investigate this subject (or any other rosacea subject) and wrote a peer reviewed, double blind, placebo controlled clinical paper on this? Has anyone ever thought of such an idea? Or we can continue with the current state of rosacea research.

By the way, there are a few papers on fungus and rosacea.

The reason I am focusing on virus and rosacea is that in a 200 pound adult, bacteria amounts to 3 to 6 pounds of weight in this adult, while virus amounts to 30 to 60 pounds of the adult. Why does traditional conventional medicine focus mainly on bacteria when obviously virus takes up much more space in an adult? Virus is contained throughout the human microbiome.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 25th December 2019 at 03:21 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog ē Join the RRDi

I still have the tail end of the flu, skin has got a bit better but I'd say it's as bad as it's been since going on the Astion cream in begining of summer.

There's no way I'm putting steroids on my face, it's more harm than good.

I think it's time to go to a dermatologist. I did book one in the summer but the day before I was meant to go all symptoms cleared up.

Typical.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    No I wonít touch the stuff. Canít seem to order the other cream. Something wrong with the sight.
    Problem is all the docs want to do is give me antibiotics for my rosacea and thatís gonna make all my fungal issues worse.
    That's the precise problem I've recently had.

I took a 3 month course of erythromycin in the summer as an emergency measure, as my symptoms were at a historic high and refusing to settle. It cleared my face within a matter of days, but simultaneously caused fungal issues.

I suppose the one blessing of this episode was that it gave me a much clearer understanding of what/where my issues are.