Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eyebrows hairloss! Fixed the symptoms but no regrowth

Quote Originally Posted by Sickening View Post
    I am also believing that this is seb derm and telogen effluvium. My theory is that the seb derm causes the hairs to not get nutrients to stay in anagen phase but cut short to telogen. This type of hairloss occurs on my scalp, beard, lashes and brows. All of these areas have dandruff aswell while the rest of my body hairs are unaffected. The question is though if we stop the seb derm, will it also stop the hairloss? As Donmattus has stated, the hairloss stopped but the regrowth is limited. I think thismay be due to that eyebrows are apprently much more sensitive than other hairs on the body. When I used minoxidil my beard regrow and as a side effect my eyelashes grew much more and thicker then ever before. Minoxidil is known to promote circulationen and nutrients to the hair follicles and this proves, atleast to me, that seb derm is causing this type of hairloss to us. Maybe why some that have seb derm dont experience this type of hairloss is because of genetics. They may have stronger lymphatic system that makes it so that their hair are unaffected. I did get stress and anxiety but this was thanks due to the hairloss. Now I hardly get it. Which nizoral are you using and do you use it once in your eyebrows everyday? Doesnt the nizoral cause some sort of dryness in your brows? Can you link the brand you're using? Have you considered using a climbazole based shampoo instead?
    No I'm not using climbazole, I have to order it, we don't sell it in Australia and I've never heard really that much positive results about it but it does seem to help a lot with flakes. I use nizoral 2%. Any brand will do, it's all keto, are you from Australia? I rub it in my scalp for 3 minutes. Then leave it on for 10 minutes. Before I wash it off, I apply some more to my hands and lather it with my hands then I just cover my hands on my face for 5 seconds. Then I wash it off 20 seconds later. Do not keep it on you're brows longer then 20 to 30 seconds, it's not designed for the face but they never tell you that. When washing it off splash the water on you're face. Do not apply or wash it off in the shower. Always use luke warm water. Apply it everyday for 2 weeks, then only twice a week. Another guy isn't getting hair growth just like you and he's lost the same amount as you. All I know is, my hair growth stopped for 3 months when I stopped nizoral. I saw about 30 to 40 new hairs last week and my monobrow area had hairs everywhere. I'm also taking itraconazole 100 twice a day for a week of every month. I still lose hair on my scalp, eyelashes a lot but the most on my eyebrows. I lose about 10 hairs a day still, some days less, some days more. Also I get the most chronic itch especially when my face is oily or when I was my face. If there's any water on my face it itches chronically also. My next derm appointment is in 2 months. If you need support or need to talk about this feel free to msg me on samfromwa@outlook.com or just continue on here. If you do decide to do so let me know on here so I check my junk mail just in case it goes in there. Good luck.
    Last edited by Samfromwa; 7th May 2020 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samfromwa View Post
    No I'm not using climbazole, I have to order it, we don't sell it in Australia and I've never heard really that much positive results about it but it does seem to help a lot with flakes. I use nizoral 2%. Any brand will do, it's all keto, are you from Australia? I rub it in my scalp for 3 minutes. Then leave it on for 10 minutes. Before I wash it off, I apply some more to my hands and lather it with my hands then I just cover my hands on my face for 5 seconds. Then I wash it off 20 seconds later. Do not keep it on you're brows longer then 20 to 30 seconds, it's not designed for the face but they never tell you that. When washing it off splash the water on you're face. Do not apply or wash it off in the shower. Always use luke warm water. Apply it everyday for 2 weeks, then only twice a week. Another guy isn't getting hair growth just like you and he's lost the same amount as you. All I know is, my hair growth stopped for 3 months when I stopped nizoral. I saw about 30 to 40 new hairs last week and my monobrow area had hairs everywhere. I'm also taking itraconazole 100 twice a day for a week of every month. I still lose hair on my scalp, eyelashes a lot but the most on my eyebrows. I lose about 10 hairs a day still, some days less, some days more. Also I get the most chronic itch especially when my face is oily or when I wash my face. If there's any water on my face it itches chronically also. I tried menoxidil on the brows for over 5 months. Didn't make a difference. Caused more scale, dandruff for me. P. S if nizoral is drying it out too much, put less on. My next derm appointment is in 2 months. If you need support or need to talk about this feel free to msg me on samfromwa@outlook.com or just continue on here. If you do decide to do so let me know on here so I check my junk mail just in case it goes in there. Good luck.

They are now setting up a meeting for me with 12 dermatologists. I'll be in a room and each one will assess me and they'll all try to figure it out together. I'm pushing mountains to get a diagnosis here. If nobody responds and I finally get a diagnosis or cure I'm not going to share it with everyone if nobody actually responds back to me because it seems like nobody cares as long as you have an answer for them and I've put way too much time and money into this to let anyone get a free ride seeing as no one has shown me any kind of empathy at all.

Hi Sam, your plan to meet with 12 dermatologists is awesome! I've been following your posts, for sure. I haven't posted anything in reply, because after doing my own research, and reading just about every thread on this forum since 2013, no one has figured out anything about solving hair loss.

You can see one aspect of this lack of knowledge by doing a search on this forum as to "madarosis," which I suggested years ago as a search term to find medical articles about hair loss, because a normal web-wide google search about hair loss runs into mountains of quackery. One good article, one of very few, I believe is titled "Madarosis, a case of many maladies," or something like that.

I hate to admit I just don't know anything meaningful about hair loss, but there you have it. Where I have nothing of substance to add, I write nothing, and I suppose everyone else here is in the same boat. Accordingly, the lack of replies to your investigation and research has its roots in the same problem -- no one writes to say only "good luck" even though we surely feel this.

Quote Originally Posted by Samfromwa View Post
    They are now setting up a meeting for me with 12 dermatologists. I'll be in a room and each one will assess me and they'll all try to figure it out together. I'm pushing mountains to get a diagnosis here. If nobody responds and I finally get a diagnosis or cure I'm not going to share it with everyone if nobody actually responds back to me because it seems like nobody cares as long as you have an answer for them and I've put way too much time and money into this to let anyone get a free ride seeing as no one has shown me any kind of empathy at all.
    Samfromya,

What I found most intriguing is the fact you have accomplished something that I haven't heard anyone at RF has done, got twelve dermatologists in one room to look you over. That is an incredible feat worth some sort of David Pascoe Rosacea Forum Award for Excellence in Accomplishment. Please, please, let us know what these dermatologists come up with in your case. Could it be possible there would be a consensus or was there a debate? Sure wish I could listen in on Skype or Zoom to the meeting.

To get Tom Busby to chime in on this thread is also a great accomplishment, since Tom is our SD Expert Extraordinaire. He summarized why this thread lacks a lot of discussion. First off, the subject, eyebrow hairless, is not exactly a common occurrence and actually you had a lot of participation in this thread, that you didn't start. Here is the nutshell version of the entire thread, so just to let you know that I am interested:

Begin......

Sickening started this thread, points toward malassezia in posts no 1, 6, 7 and in post no 8 says ‘seriously doubt we're dealing with a form of frontal fibrosing alopecia/lichen planus’

Redvelvet asked questions…. [by the way, she is Tara O'Desky, D.C who volunteers on the RRDi MAC]

forwardsky recommended minoxidil and Ducray- Kelual DS

Samfromwa [from Australia post no 15] [suffers from hypermobility syndrome post no 19] doesn’t think it is frontal fibrosis alopecia but possibly a ‘rare form of autoimmune problem’ [post no 5] and by post no 7 says it is a ‘a form of frontal fibrosing alopecia’ and ‘seb derm theory isn't it’ and again in post no 9 ‘symptoms very much resemble frontal fibrosing but maybe it's a rare form of it’ and a link to an article on frontal fibrosing alopecia in post no 11, at post no 13 reports ‘trichoscopy of the hard, final tests scrapings. All they found was yeasts which point to seb derm’ and ‘No evidence of alopecia’ and is now using itraconazole, keto, and nizoral, and in post no 15 says ‘it’s not a scarring alopecia’ that the ‘seb derm causes oxidative stress…hair loss’

antwantsclear warns about minoxidil and recommends TTO and the ZZ cream

donmattus chimes in with interest and asks how is it going…and is referred to in post 20

last, but not least, Tom Busby chimes in....

end--------------

My thought is you might want to look into Sesderma Sebovalis Facial Gel which contains Pirotone Olamine which was mentioned by Yatzil in this thread. I think we will be seeing more of using Pirotone Olamine for SD showing better success than other antifungals.

My other recommendation is Tom's AquaVive Shampoo.

As for why there isn't much discussion about you and Sickening with this issue, not many suffer from this hair loss and as you point out this is rare with SD. And based upon your name, isn't it even more rare for males than females? I thought I read that somewhere in all this, assuming you are male. So the point is this is a very rare issue. Rare issues are hard to drum up discussion. Furthermore, the discussions here at RF have waned anyway.

This is a rosacea forum and there are a lot of other skin issues discussed here, particularly SD, which some experts think should be classified as a rosacea variant, but the consensus is that SD is a disease sui generis all on it own. As you have pointed out in this thread, you are following alopecia in social media platforms and that is where all the rosaceans have gone, to the other private social media platforms like Reddit, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc., ergo RF has dwindled. You have managed to build on a thread subject that created three pages and is an interesting one, if someone with the same issue searches google, it will probably come up. So it is worthy of consideration and you have added to the depth of the subject since you and Sickening discuss the majority of it. So your contribution is appreciated and we hope you come back and post what happened at your meeting with the twelve prestigious dermatologists, I am assuming the meeting is in Australia. And ditto from me, I am no expert on hair loss and would have to do a lot of investigating on this subject. Wish I could offer you more help, but hey, I am interested.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 30th June 2020 at 12:32 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi

Wow!! Thank you so much Tom and Brady!! This means a lot to me. I very much appreciate this. Yes I'm male and thank you so much Brady for putting all that info together, that's amazing. I have been booked in they will conduct 2 meetings Im just waiting for a date but I'm in the system now! I never knew this was even possible but yes 12 dermatologists will all assess me during those 2 meetings then they will all try to figure it out together. I've seen a few dermatologists so far but after really having the courage to finally question why he takes my money and leaves me with a horrible biopsys scars and why he charged me 150 dollars for a 3 minute consultation before my biopsy because he kept saying I have anxiety and 350 for the procedure and making very very unprofessional comments he apologised and didn't charge me for the last consultation. I have recorded every dermatologist appointment I've had so I have all the proof in sound recording. I will record the meeting and make them available to you all. I will report all findings here. I may have to wait 2 months for the meetings because there is a backlog because of covid but there's no covid community transmission in my city and everything is back to normal now. Thank you!!
    P. S I did start a thread of my own last year which is in the list somewhere and yes I'm from Australia. All the 12 dermatologists will be attending together which is very exciting. He said its going to be a very strange experience as they will be prodding and diagnosing me like a test subject but I'm all for it. I've spoken to over 50 people with this issue, I've interviewed them all. I'm a fountain of information now when it comes to seb derm and alopecias. I've been all over Facebook groups, reddit, other forums, I've seen over 5 Dermatoligists, I've ordered products from all over the world and spent ridiculous amounts of money. Im blessed to own a company that has seen a lot of success the past few years so I'm fortunate to have the resources to push for a diagnosis. I am so grateful to this forum, it's my favourite and I've read tonnes of posts from Tom bubsy which I respect immensely. I will you keep you all posted.
    Last edited by Samfromwa; 1st July 2020 at 01:44 PM.