Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Eyebrows hairloss! Fixed the symptoms but no regrowth

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Read this, at the bottom of the pictures read also. It doesn't identify with our symptoms completely but the chatecteristics shown here is what I'm trying to find out now through dermoscopy.
    The whole seb derm theory has been my gp too but it doesn't add up because sometimes I have no scales and it still falls out. I've also checked my testerone, thyroid, lots of blood work. We've tried to find seb derm and demodex on a biopsy and found nothing. All the seb derm creams and shampoos make things worse for me.

    https://www.deepdyve.com/lp/wiley/is...rly-BfOvyqgtuL

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    118
    Country: Great Britain

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sickening View Post
    Sorry for the late response! I am right now using climbazole and CCT oil solution and using 0,5% Climbazole. I did this because I read a success story from Donmattus doing this to stop the eyebrow hairloss. I am now currenlty two weeks doing this but my shedding and dandruff is worse! But I think this is excpected in the beginning of treatment against malassezia. I will keep this post updated and in two weeks will do a 1 month update on the treatment. If you wanna read more details on the treatment you can visit Donmattus page and see the most recent posts.
    How is it going with your treatment? I'm interested to know

    Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    23

    Default

    So after another eyebrow biopsy they still cannot find evidence of alopecia or scarring. They did a trichoscopy of the hair, fungal tests scrapings. All they found was yeasts which point to seb derm and supposedly some fungals. No inflammation. My scaling and hair loss has got a lot worse, now my hair itches a lot too. It took 17 months but now it's causing extreme scalp itch now. De prescribed itraconazole 100 twice a day for a week every month for 3 months or more. Also to use keto differently, work up lather, massage keto in hair for 2 to 3 minutes. Leave it on scalp for 10 minutes then rinse it allowing it to drip over the eyebrows and face. I put a bit of the foam on my brows while washing the hair. Nizoral 2% doesn't foam up or lather well but you don't want too much of it on the brows as these products are not designed for the face so I think they did more harm then good when I used these products in the past. Any contact with water and my brows and hair itch chronically.

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donmattus View Post
    How is it going with your treatment? I'm interested to know

    Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
    Hello! Sorry for late response
    Update: Eyebrow area looking so much better! Much better then ever before since having seb derm. The hairloss has decrased but still lose between 5-8 hairs each day. The hairs however are much thicker, stronger and dont look as lifeless as before. The dandruff, white residue and itching is almost completly gone. I would say however that inbetween my eyebrows(unibrow area) is still a bit red and inflamed but not as bad as before. I did some testing around februari to see how my eyebrows react to oils that feed malassezia and everything became worse. More dandruff, eyebrow hairloss increased to 15+ each day etc. The combo of CCT oil, Squalane oil and climbazole seems to be the best treatment for this. I have read upon theories that Alopecia Areata induced hairloss is caused by inflammation and some people on reddit have treated their Alopecia through Anti-Inflammatory foods. Im gonna have a food allergy test to alter my diet so I have as little of inflammation in my body as possible to halt the hairloss further. I did the elimination/carnivore diet ( Only eating meat,fish and drinking water) to see how this helps and hairloss was halted to around 3-5 a day. I did it for 2 weeks and noticed changes after 5 days. Everyones body is different so this may vary. I couldnt do it for longer because the diet was to hard. This is why Im gonna alter my diet and get rid of foods my body reacts most from when it comes to allergy and inflammation. This even include spices, coffe and nicotine. Many people have tried diets to treat rosacea and seb derm before with minimal/no good results but they could have found food triggers that could have helped if they did a food allergy test. I cant confirm if they have or not have done these tests, only speculate. You can find shocking things that dont seem bad that you eat or drink everyday, be a big inflammation trigger. For example coffe or tomatoes. Everybody is different so best is to find what works for you and limit the inflammation in the body to halt the hairloss even further. Treat the body inside and outside to beat the seb derm.

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sickening View Post
    Hello! Sorry for late response
    Update: Eyebrow area looking so much better! Much better then ever before since having seb derm. The hairloss has decrased but still lose between 5-8 hairs each day. The hairs however are much thicker, stronger and dont look as lifeless as before. The dandruff, white residue and itching is almost completly gone. I would say however that inbetween my eyebrows(unibrow area) is still a bit red and inflamed but not as bad as before. I did some testing around februari to see how my eyebrows react to oils that feed malassezia and everything became worse. More dandruff, eyebrow hairloss increased to 15+ each day etc. The combo of CCT oil, Squalane oil and climbazole seems to be the best treatment for this. I have read upon theories that Alopecia Areata induced hairloss is caused by inflammation and some people on reddit have treated their Alopecia through Anti-Inflammatory foods. Im gonna have a food allergy test to alter my diet so I have as little of inflammation in my body as possible to halt the hairloss further. I did the elimination/carnivore diet ( Only eating meat,fish and drinking water) to see how this helps and hairloss was halted to around 3-5 a day. I did it for 2 weeks and noticed changes after 5 days. Everyones body is different so this may vary. I couldnt do it for longer because the diet was to hard. This is why Im gonna alter my diet and get rid of foods my body reacts most from when it comes to allergy and inflammation. This even include spices, coffe and nicotine. Many people have tried diets to treat rosacea and seb derm before with minimal/no good results but they could have found food triggers that could have helped if they did a food allergy test. I cant confirm if they have or not have done these tests, only speculate. You can find shocking things that dont seem bad that you eat or drink everyday, be a big inflammation trigger. For example coffe or tomatoes. Everybody is different so best is to find what works for you and limit the inflammation in the body to halt the hairloss even further. Treat the body inside and outside to beat the seb derm.
    It's not a scarring alopecia, I had another biopsy but there was a study conducted in 2006 in France with people with seb derm suffering hair loss like us. The seb derm causes oxidative stress to the hair thry have proven seb derm can cause hairloss. It causes it to go into a type of slow telogen equivellem. Thry say it makes the hairs go in an upright direction which is what happens to mine especially with regrowth. Thry call it smouldering alopecia. I'm on intraconazole now and I use the nizoral 2% in a different way now. In a week I've managed to reduce scale by 70% and redness by 100%. It still is very itchy though. I still lose 10 or more hairs a day though. I'm going to do a Skype conference with this derm from Canada as I'm in Australia. He wrote articles about this and has a great reputation.

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samfromwa View Post
    It's not a scarring alopecia, I had another biopsy but there was a study conducted in 2006 in France with people with seb derm suffering hair loss like us. The seb derm causes oxidative stress to the hair thry have proven seb derm can cause hairloss. It causes it to go into a type of slow telogen equivellem. Thry say it makes the hairs go in an upright direction which is what happens to mine especially with regrowth. Thry call it smouldering alopecia. I'm on intraconazole now and I use the nizoral 2% in a different way now. In a week I've managed to reduce scale by 70% and redness by 100%. It still is very itchy though. I still lose 10 or more hairs a day though. I'm going to do a Skype conference with this derm from Canada as I'm in Australia. He wrote articles about this and has a great reputation.
    This kinda make sense now! I have read about this before(few years ago) in a forum about hairloss. That stress, calcium deposits, excessive sebum and dead skin cells causes oxidative hairloss which makes the hair seem "lifeless" and go into telogen state. I always thought this only occured on scalp but now that I think about it, it could theoratically happen any place where seb derm is on. Because same thing is happening on my beard and eyelashes too. I usually cut my eyebrows to get them even in lenght but some hairs would stay that same cut lenght over a period of a few months and not grow longer which seemed odd to me. Then it would shed and have that sebum plug built around the white end. I am finally seeing hair regrowth, not a lot, just hairs that wasnt there before sprouting. I did however have a "big fallout" yesterday. Lost around 15 hairs and had a bit more dandruff. I think you have to take two steps forward and one back so to say. Keep us updated Samfromwa about the skype call.

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sickening View Post
    This kinda make sense now! I have read about this before(few years ago) in a forum about hairloss. That stress, calcium deposits, excessive sebum and dead skin cells causes oxidative hairloss which makes the hair seem "lifeless" and go into telogen state. I always thought this only occured on scalp but now that I think about it, it could theoratically happen any place where seb derm is on. Because same thing is happening on my beard and eyelashes too. I usually cut my eyebrows to get them even in lenght but some hairs would stay that same cut lenght over a period of a few months and not grow longer which seemed odd to me. Then it would shed and have that sebum plug built around the white end. I am finally seeing hair regrowth, not a lot, just hairs that wasnt there before sprouting. I did however have a "big fallout" yesterday. Lost around 15 hairs and had a bit more dandruff. I think you have to take two steps forward and one back so to say. Keep us updated Samfromwa about the skype call.
    I wish I could just see him at his clinic, he's from the Donovan Dermatology in Canada. He wrote about that theory. He has lectures on YouTube about alopecias, hair loss, seb derm.
    This is where I'm at. We all have oily skin. My scalp has started to itch like crazy now after 2 years suffering with the eyebrows, 1.3 years suffering with eyelashes. I use to also trim my brows, so did another guy. I was extremely stressed when this occurred. It was also extreme cold weather. The hair would start moving directions and falling out with removal of scale. Then 6 months later full diffuse brow loss. I've lost 30% of my brows and I have patches that don't grow back. On my brow biopsy it said there were 4 miniature hairs, no inflimation, from my research miniature hairs ususually happens with balding. Stupid derm didn't elaborate. It means the hairs are going into telegon form for some reason. My scale is barely visible now but if you dig with a pin there's always skin on the pin. Whenever I wash my face and dry it, it itches chronically and crawling sensation for 20 minutes. It's unbearable, it hates water and sweat. My scalp and lashes are severely itchy also after washing. I lose brow hair everyday it's relentless and slow. I tried minoxidil for months, doesn't help and it drys the area more. I'm looking more into the lymphatic system. They say acid causes this. I've had an acid urine test 5 months ago. Normal results but i tick nearly all the boxes for lymphatic system issues. My body is most defiently acidic, I had acid reflux 3 years ago for a year everyday till I saw a natraupath. Do you exercise as in cardio. Do you move a lot at work or do you sit?

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samfromwa View Post
    I wish I could just see him at his clinic, he's from the Donovan Dermatology in Canada. He wrote about that theory. He has lectures on YouTube about alopecias, hair loss, seb derm.
    This is where I'm at. We all have oily skin. My scalp has started to itch like crazy now after 2 years suffering with the eyebrows, 1.3 years suffering with eyelashes. I use to also trim my brows, so did another guy. I was extremely stressed when this occurred. It was also extreme cold weather. The hair would start moving directions and falling out with removal of scale. Then 6 months later full diffuse brow loss. I've lost 30% of my brows and I have patches that don't grow back. On my brow biopsy it said there were 4 miniature hairs, no inflimation, from my research miniature hairs ususually happens with balding. Stupid derm didn't elaborate. It means the hairs are going into telegon form for some reason. My scale is barely visible now but if you dig with a pin there's always skin on the pin. Whenever I wash my face and dry it, it itches chronically and crawling sensation for 20 minutes. It's unbearable, it hates water and sweat. My scalp and lashes are severely itchy also after washing. I lose brow hair everyday it's relentless and slow. I tried minoxidil for months, doesn't help and it drys the area more. I'm looking more into the lymphatic system. They say acid causes this. I've had an acid urine test 5 months ago. Normal results but i tick nearly all the boxes for lymphatic system issues. My body is most defiently acidic, I had acid reflux 3 years ago for a year everyday till I saw a natraupath. Do you exercise as in cardio. Do you move a lot at work or do you sit?
    I try to workout as much as possible during the crisis. I move a lot at work cause I work at a factory. My update so far is that I am using a shampoo now mixed with dissolved CCT oil and climbazole. So far the hairloss seems to gradually decrease per week but there is something weird going on. Right after showering I get the white paste again. When I only applied the oil I didnt shower my face, only wash so I dont know if it was still there if I would have showered it or not. Maybe the shampoo is getting rid of the remaining flakes that the oil cant handle on its own? When I applied only the CCT oil and climbazole I would get a lot of flakes and sebum plugs the first 5 weeks and now no sebum plugs and a little bit of flakes. My inner third and outer third areas dont get the white paste and flakes anymore! Only in the middle which seems to be the hardest area for some reason. When I wake up and wash my face the area looks really good! One thing I am worried about is if the shampoo might aggrevate the skin too much and causing more problems then heal. Will update at the end of May on progress.

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sickening View Post
    I try to workout as much as possible during the crisis. I move a lot at work cause I work at a factory. My update so far is that I am using a shampoo now mixed with dissolved CCT oil and climbazole. So far the hairloss seems to gradually decrease per week but there is something weird going on. Right after showering I get the white paste again. When I only applied the oil I didnt shower my face, only wash so I dont know if it was still there if I would have showered it or not. Maybe the shampoo is getting rid of the remaining flakes that the oil cant handle on its own? When I applied only the CCT oil and climbazole I would get a lot of flakes and sebum plugs the first 5 weeks and now no sebum plugs and a little bit of flakes. My inner third and outer third areas dont get the white paste and flakes anymore! Only in the middle which seems to be the hardest area for some reason. When I wake up and wash my face the area looks really good! One thing I am worried about is if the shampoo might aggrevate the skin too much and causing more problems then heal. Will update at the end of May on progress.
    Hmm interesting. I'm using the nizoral now but I don't keep it in the brows I wash it off after 30 seconds. I have no scale whatsoever now for 2 weeks and the white paste has been gone for over 6 months because I don't wash my face in the shower anymore. I take 6 minute showers also and don't allow it to get too hot. I didn't look at my brows for 10 days. I have regrowth everywhere since going back on nizoral. When I stopped the nizoral for a few months I noticed no hair growth whatsoever. I have noticed the texture of the hairs changed a while ago, it's hard and wirey and messy. I have been looking into telegon effivflum and brushed it off for a while but it's starting to make sense. It can last more then 7 years. The chronic type whic lingers causes wirey weird hairs, it causes a chronic itch which they can't figure out and also the white bulbs. I'm pretty sure this is what we're going through. Do you get anxiety or stress a lot? I have the worst anxiety on earth because I have hypermobility syndrome which is genetic and causes extreme physical anxiety. The more I anxiety I have, the more hair loss. Telogen is caused by stress. If it's not scarring or any type of alopecia and we still get hair growth then this must be it. Telegon effilvum. I brushed it off because I thought it just sheds all at once and doesn't last years but the chronic version seems to tick all the boxes of our symptoms and we probably have seb derm also. I have a monobrow, I shaved it off at the age of 14, I'm in my thirties now. My monobrow had about 30 new hairs after 2 weeks and the patches in my brows grew back to about 70%. That's a good sign, nizoral is known to promote hair growth, without nizoral everything is so much worst and I've done everything to test this. Anyways the most important question I have to you is do you stress a lot or get anxiety? Thank you.
    Last edited by Samfromwa; 1st May 2020 at 01:20 AM.

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samfromwa View Post
    Hmm interesting. I'm using the nizoral now but I don't keep it in the brows I wash it off after 30 seconds. I have no scale whatsoever now for 2 weeks and the white paste has been gone for over 6 months because I don't wash my face in the shower anymore. I take 6 minute showers also and don't allow it to get too hot. I didn't look at my brows for 10 days. I have regrowth everywhere since going back on nizoral. When I stopped the nizoral for a few months I noticed no hair growth whatsoever. I have noticed the texture of the hairs changed a while ago, it's hard and wirey and messy. I have been looking into telegon effivflum and brushed it off for a while but it's starting to make sense. It can last more then 7 years. The chronic type whic lingers causes wirey weird hairs, it causes a chronic itch which they can't figure out and also the white bulbs. I'm pretty sure this is what we're going through. Do you get anxiety or stress a lot? I have the worst anxiety on earth because I have hypermobility syndrome which is genetic and causes extreme physical anxiety. The more I anxiety I have, the more hair loss. Telogen is caused by stress. If it's not scarring or any type of alopecia and we still get hair growth then this must be it. Telegon effilvum. I brushed it off because I thought it just sheds all at once and doesn't last years but the chronic version seems to tick all the boxes of our symptoms and we probably have seb derm also. I have a monobrow, I shaved it off at the age of 14, I'm in my thirties now. My monobrow had about 30 new hairs after 2 weeks and the patches in my brows grew back to about 70%. That's a good sign, nizoral is known to promote hair growth, without nizoral everything is so much worst and I've done everything to test this. Anyways the most important question I have to you is do you stress a lot or get anxiety? Thank you.
    I am also believing that this is seb derm and telogen effluvium. My theory is that the seb derm causes the hairs to not get nutrients to stay in anagen phase but cut short to telogen. This type of hairloss occurs on my scalp, beard, lashes and brows. All of these areas have dandruff aswell while the rest of my body hairs are unaffected. The question is though if we stop the seb derm, will it also stop the hairloss? As Donmattus has stated, the hairloss stopped but the regrowth is limited. I think thismay be due to that eyebrows are apprently much more sensitive than other hairs on the body. When I used minoxidil my beard regrow and as a side effect my eyelashes grew much more and thicker then ever before. Minoxidil is known to promote circulationen and nutrients to the hair follicles and this proves, atleast to me, that seb derm is causing this type of hairloss to us. Maybe why some that have seb derm dont experience this type of hairloss is because of genetics. They may have stronger lymphatic system that makes it so that their hair are unaffected. I did get stress and anxiety but this was thanks due to the hairloss. Now I hardly get it. Which nizoral are you using and do you use it once in your eyebrows everyday? Doesnt the nizoral cause some sort of dryness in your brows? Can you link the brand you're using? Have you considered using a climbazole based shampoo instead?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 23rd July 2019, 10:26 PM
  2. Extremely Oily Dehydrated Face, eyebrows hairloss.
    By Jose77 in forum Similar and co-existing conditions
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 9th April 2018, 03:07 PM
  3. I fixed my Rosacea finally!!!!!!!
    By supermario in forum Papulopustular Rosacea
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 1st December 2015, 07:47 PM
  4. How is steroid induced Rosacea flushing fixed?
    By pleasehelp123 in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31st January 2012, 06:30 PM
  5. vbeam and vessel regrowth?
    By cobain in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 6th October 2005, 09:25 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •