Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eyebrows hairloss! Fixed the symptoms but no regrowth

Quote Originally Posted by Sickening View Post
    I am also believing that this is seb derm and telogen effluvium. My theory is that the seb derm causes the hairs to not get nutrients to stay in anagen phase but cut short to telogen. This type of hairloss occurs on my scalp, beard, lashes and brows. All of these areas have dandruff aswell while the rest of my body hairs are unaffected. The question is though if we stop the seb derm, will it also stop the hairloss? As Donmattus has stated, the hairloss stopped but the regrowth is limited. I think thismay be due to that eyebrows are apprently much more sensitive than other hairs on the body. When I used minoxidil my beard regrow and as a side effect my eyelashes grew much more and thicker then ever before. Minoxidil is known to promote circulationen and nutrients to the hair follicles and this proves, atleast to me, that seb derm is causing this type of hairloss to us. Maybe why some that have seb derm dont experience this type of hairloss is because of genetics. They may have stronger lymphatic system that makes it so that their hair are unaffected. I did get stress and anxiety but this was thanks due to the hairloss. Now I hardly get it. Which nizoral are you using and do you use it once in your eyebrows everyday? Doesnt the nizoral cause some sort of dryness in your brows? Can you link the brand you're using? Have you considered using a climbazole based shampoo instead?
    No I'm not using climbazole, I have to order it, we don't sell it in Australia and I've never heard really that much positive results about it but it does seem to help a lot with flakes. I use nizoral 2%. Any brand will do, it's all keto, are you from Australia? I rub it in my scalp for 3 minutes. Then leave it on for 10 minutes. Before I wash it off, I apply some more to my hands and lather it with my hands then I just cover my hands on my face for 5 seconds. Then I wash it off 20 seconds later. Do not keep it on you're brows longer then 20 to 30 seconds, it's not designed for the face but they never tell you that. When washing it off splash the water on you're face. Do not apply or wash it off in the shower. Always use luke warm water. Apply it everyday for 2 weeks, then only twice a week. Another guy isn't getting hair growth just like you and he's lost the same amount as you. All I know is, my hair growth stopped for 3 months when I stopped nizoral. I saw about 30 to 40 new hairs last week and my monobrow area had hairs everywhere. I'm also taking itraconazole 100 twice a day for a week of every month. I still lose hair on my scalp, eyelashes a lot but the most on my eyebrows. I lose about 10 hairs a day still, some days less, some days more. Also I get the most chronic itch especially when my face is oily or when I was my face. If there's any water on my face it itches chronically also. My next derm appointment is in 2 months. If you need support or need to talk about this feel free to msg me on samfromwa@outlook.com or just continue on here. If you do decide to do so let me know on here so I check my junk mail just in case it goes in there. Good luck.
    Last edited by Samfromwa; 7th May 2020 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samfromwa View Post
    No I'm not using climbazole, I have to order it, we don't sell it in Australia and I've never heard really that much positive results about it but it does seem to help a lot with flakes. I use nizoral 2%. Any brand will do, it's all keto, are you from Australia? I rub it in my scalp for 3 minutes. Then leave it on for 10 minutes. Before I wash it off, I apply some more to my hands and lather it with my hands then I just cover my hands on my face for 5 seconds. Then I wash it off 20 seconds later. Do not keep it on you're brows longer then 20 to 30 seconds, it's not designed for the face but they never tell you that. When washing it off splash the water on you're face. Do not apply or wash it off in the shower. Always use luke warm water. Apply it everyday for 2 weeks, then only twice a week. Another guy isn't getting hair growth just like you and he's lost the same amount as you. All I know is, my hair growth stopped for 3 months when I stopped nizoral. I saw about 30 to 40 new hairs last week and my monobrow area had hairs everywhere. I'm also taking itraconazole 100 twice a day for a week of every month. I still lose hair on my scalp, eyelashes a lot but the most on my eyebrows. I lose about 10 hairs a day still, some days less, some days more. Also I get the most chronic itch especially when my face is oily or when I wash my face. If there's any water on my face it itches chronically also. I tried menoxidil on the brows for over 5 months. Didn't make a difference. Caused more scale, dandruff for me. P. S if nizoral is drying it out too much, put less on. My next derm appointment is in 2 months. If you need support or need to talk about this feel free to msg me on samfromwa@outlook.com or just continue on here. If you do decide to do so let me know on here so I check my junk mail just in case it goes in there. Good luck.