Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eyebrows hairloss! Fixed the symptoms but no regrowth

Default Eyebrows hairloss! Fixed the symptoms but no regrowth

Hello! I have over the years read about the dreaded eyebrow hairloss and not seen anyone finding a solution to this problem! I have had this condition now for 7 years and only have about 30% density left of what it used to be on my eyebrows. I have exactly what everyone else has which is the sebum bulb/plug, dandruff, white paste after shower, hairloss etc. I also have dandruff and hairloss on my scalp, beard and eyelashes. I have theorizied a lot over the years as to what it could be ranging from demodex, a form of alopecia, lichen planopilaris,vitamin and mineral deficiency and thyroid problems. Im quite certain that it is not one of these with demodex being the closest to causing these problems but no demodex treatment helps my symptoms. The only thing that has worked are seb derm induced by malassezia products. I have over the years treated the symptoms with a climbazole shampoo and lotion(Thanks to Tom Busby) to get rid of the dandruff/white paste to were it is almost not noticeable. The hairloss has also halted to were I before lost around 15-20 eyebrow hairs to now between 3-5 per day and same goes everywhere else, on my scalp, beard and eyelashes everything is a lot better. But here is the problem... there is no regrowth on my eyebrows whatsoever over the course of 1.5 years of using these products. All hairs shed normally now and grow back except my eyebrows! I tried using msm as a lot of people have done but it causes my eyebrows to shed from 3-5 to 10-15! And when I stop it goes back to 3-5. Maybe it had to do with me using a lot of msm right immeaditly( Around 8g) and not building up a tolerance slowly over time! Can someone with this condition tell me if your eyebrows grow back, what you use, how are your symptoms looking and if you have any theories regarding this? Also, sorry if there are grammer problems or spelling but english is not my first language.

Quote Originally Posted by Sickening View Post
    Hello! I have over the years read about the dreaded eyebrow hairloss and not seen anyone finding a solution to this problem! I have had this condition now for 7 years and only have about 30% density left of what it used to be on my eyebrows. I have exactly what everyone else has which is the sebum bulb/plug, dandruff, white paste after shower, hairloss etc. I also have dandruff and hairloss on my scalp, beard and eyelashes. I have theorizied a lot over the years as to what it could be ranging from demodex, a form of alopecia, lichen planopilaris,vitamin and mineral deficiency and thyroid problems. Im quite certain that it is not one of these with demodex being the closest to causing these problems but no demodex treatment helps my symptoms. The only thing that has worked are seb derm induced by malassezia products. I have over the years treated the symptoms with a climbazole shampoo and lotion(Thanks to Tom Busby) to get rid of the dandruff/white paste to were it is almost not noticeable. The hairloss has also halted to were I before lost around 15-20 eyebrow hairs to now between 3-5 per day and same goes everywhere else, on my scalp, beard and eyelashes everything is a lot better. But here is the problem... there is no regrowth on my eyebrows whatsoever over the course of 1.5 years of using these products. All hairs shed normally now and grow back except my eyebrows! I tried using msm as a lot of people have done but it causes my eyebrows to shed from 3-5 to 10-15! And when I stop it goes back to 3-5. Maybe it had to do with me using a lot of msm right immeaditly( Around 8g) and not building up a tolerance slowly over time! Can someone with this condition tell me if your eyebrows grow back, what you use, how are your symptoms looking and if you have any theories regarding this? Also, sorry if there are grammer problems or spelling but english is not my first language.

Is it the entire eyebrow you are losing or mostly the half towards your ear? The loss of the lateral portion of your eyebrow would indicate hypothyroid, along with other symptoms. The fact that you are growing back hair in all other areas would indicate it might be something else unrelated to the hair loss. Just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by redvelvet View Post
    Is it the entire eyebrow you are losing or mostly the half towards your ear? The loss of the lateral portion of your eyebrow would indicate hypothyroid, along with other symptoms. The fact that you are growing back hair in all other areas would indicate it might be something else unrelated to the hair loss. Just a thought...
    Im losing it on the entire eyebrows and not just lateral portion.

Default minoxidil

Try minoxidil 5%..There are many hair growth products containing it, but they also have other stuff inside.. best would be if you ask at the pharmacy to prepare a solution with only 5% minoxidil. Use it twice a day and after a month you’ll most probably see hair growth.

You can also google pictures minoxidil before and after..

How I discovered this.. about 10 years ago my sebderm on scalp started, and my body reacted so bad to it that I got an extreme case of alopecia aerata..Whenever I had bad dandruff, hair would completely fall off from the area where it was the worst.
    I got rid of the dandruff with shampoo from Ducray- Kelual DS but my hair was not growing back.
    Seen several dermatologists which prescribed many products for hairgrowth.. Over a year my alopecia was still bad and nothing growing back.
    Then I went to an old dermatologist.. and he told me to get a minoxidil solution from pharmacy.. Within a month I had babyhair everywhere on the bald spots.

I thought maybe it’s just coincidence that my hair grew back.. but then I had many relapses of dandruff and alopecia aerata.. at least 5 times( especially when trying a shampoo with oils inside, I was getting dandruff and then alopecia).. but now I knew how to handle it.. first medical shampoo from ducray and then minoxidil daily for 1-2 months..

I'm going through the same ****. 15 months. Tried everything. Do you find that individual brow hairs would move directions or look bent then fall out? Gets so itchy also but worse after washing face? Mine grow back, I've lost about 10% in 14 months. They grow back very strange and tend to fall out again few months later. Menoxidil can help, when I use it, they grow back quicker. I am using a special zinc soap I leave in all day at the moment, we will know in a month if it helps and I continue to use nizoral twice a week. Maybe you get no growth because of scratching. I never scratch. Do you eat foods with vitamin c? I've researched and recorded every derm consult. It can't be alopecia artera. No exclamation point hairs, no dots and the pattern and duration is a lot different. Can't be frontal fibrosing alopecia. Ive studied the crap out of it, it seems to be the closest to our symptoms but again no as I still grow hair and my monobrow still grows as normal, which I pluck. My eyelashes fall out too but still look the same, just some of the hairs look like they've moved directions. Always feel like I have something in my eyes or thry get itchy or a weird sensation. I also get little pimple type bumps on my forehead my derm says it's folliculitis and is convinced my symptoms are from seb derm. I'm not convinced, I don't have a clue, I think it could be a rare form of autoimmune problem. I've lost at least 800 hairs or more in 14 months but they're still bushy but feel wirey and move in weird directions all over. To lose that many and still have 90% left means there must be healthy growth also. Some small little areas, tiny areas havnt grown back but I'm back on menoxidil so it might help those areas slightly. I never use to apply anything by rubbing it in, only by tapping it on with my finger gently, I use a pin to scratch sometimes and I remove those deep peeling scales when I can. Sometimes it just looks like dandruff and sometimes it's scales. I've always had dandruff in my hair, never in my brows. It could be seb derm as I got it in my ears when it all started in my brows. I get no redness though. I'm 95% sure it's not alopecia. I know everything about it now, down to clinical research, derm reports from around the world etc. This zinc worked for another lady she applies it on with a spooly but I can't use one as it'll shred my brows. I just tap it on. I don't get the white paste, only at the beginning after showering and after I use nizoral sometimes so I doubt the stuff your using now has stopped it as it can stop on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Samfromwa View Post
    I'm going through the same ****. 15 months. Tried everything. Do you find that individual brow hairs would move directions or look bent then fall out? Gets so itchy also but worse after washing face? Mine grow back, I've lost about 10% in 14 months. They grow back very strange and tend to fall out again few months later. Menoxidil can help, when I use it, they grow back quicker. I am using a special zinc soap I leave in all day at the moment, we will know in a month if it helps and I continue to use nizoral twice a week. Maybe you get no growth because of scratching. I never scratch. Do you eat foods with vitamin c? I've researched and recorded every derm consult. It can't be alopecia artera. No exclamation point hairs, no dots and the pattern and duration is a lot different. Can't be frontal fibrosing alopecia. Ive studied the crap out of it, it seems to be the closest to our symptoms but again no as I still grow hair and my monobrow still grows as normal, which I pluck. My eyelashes fall out too but still look the same, just some of the hairs look like they've moved directions. Always feel like I have something in my eyes or thry get itchy or a weird sensation. I also get little pimple type bumps on my forehead my derm says it's folliculitis and is convinced my symptoms are from seb derm. I'm not convinced, I don't have a clue, I think it could be a rare form of autoimmune problem. I've lost at least 800 hairs or more in 14 months but they're still bushy but feel wirey and move in weird directions all over. To lose that many and still have 90% left means there must be healthy growth also. Some small little areas, tiny areas havnt grown back but I'm back on menoxidil so it might help those areas slightly. I never use to apply anything by rubbing it in, only by tapping it on with my finger gently, I use a pin to scratch sometimes and I remove those deep peeling scales when I can. Sometimes it just looks like dandruff and sometimes it's scales. I've always had dandruff in my hair, never in my brows. It could be seb derm as I got it in my ears when it all started in my brows. I get no redness though. I'm 95% sure it's not alopecia. I know everything about it now, down to clinical research, derm reports from around the world etc. This zinc worked for another lady she applies it on with a spooly but I can't use one as it'll shred my brows. I just tap it on. I don't get the white paste, only at the beginning after showering and after I use nizoral sometimes so I doubt the stuff your using now has stopped it as it can stop on its own.
    Sorry for the late response! I am right now using climbazole and CCT oil solution and using 0,5% Climbazole. I did this because I read a success story from Donmattus doing this to stop the eyebrow hairloss. I am now currenlty two weeks doing this but my shedding and dandruff is worse! But I think this is excpected in the beginning of treatment against malassezia. I will keep this post updated and in two weeks will do a 1 month update on the treatment. If you wanna read more details on the treatment you can visit Donmattus page and see the most recent posts.

Sorry for the late response! I am right now using climbazole and CCT oil solution and using 0,5% Climbazole. I did this because I read a success story from Donmattus doing this to stop the eyebrow hairloss. I am now currenlty two weeks doing this but my shedding and dandruff is worse! But I think this is excpected in the beginning of treatment against malassezia. I will keep this post updated and in two weeks will do a 1 month update on the treatment. If you wanna read more details on the treatment you can visit Donmattus page and see the most recent posts.
    Np, everything makes it worse.
    I have a feeling what were dealing with is a form of frontal fibrosing alopecia. Short regrowth chronic itch, diffuse hair loss, dystrophic hairs, no erythema, hairs moving directions,scaling, terminal hairs. Very hard to get a diagnosis for this but the seb derm theory isn't it. I've had a biposy, no seb derm. My eyelashes tingle and fall out also but at a slow rate. You're losing less brows because you've lost over 80%. This is a form of alopecia. Do you get any skin colored type pimples on you're forehead?

Np, everything makes it worse.
    I have a feeling what were dealing with is a form of frontal fibrosing alopecia. Short regrowth chronic itch, diffuse hair loss, dystrophic hairs, no erythema, hairs moving directions,scaling, terminal hairs. Very hard to get a diagnosis for this but the seb derm theory isn't it. I've had a biposy, no seb derm. My eyelashes tingle and fall out also but at a slow rate. You're losing less brows because you've lost over 80%. This is a form of alopecia. Do you get any skin colored type pimples on you're forehead?
    First off im not losing any less because I have less eyebrows. When it all started I started losing 10-15 eyebrows a day and I still lose up to those numbers when im not using products that are against malassezia. I have done this experiment before. Where I see if the hairloss is affected with products for malassezia. I also seriously doubt we're dealing with a form of frontal fibrosing alopecia/lichen planus. Because I have dandruff on my beard, forehead, scalp, eyelashes, chest and eyebrows which are areas associated with seb derm induced by malassezia. I also dont have skin colored bumps on my forehead or other places on face which is associated with FFA. I have looked into this theory before and through much research it simply isnt it. My scalp isnt anything like the pictures show, not even close resembling. When you have frontal fibrosing alopecia you also have redness, facial papules and this type of scarring only occurs alone or with the scalp. Of the cases that have frontal fibrosing alopecia on eyebrows only 1% also have eyelash lost. The odds get even more stacked against it being it because this disease in majority of the cases only affect older women and Im a young guy. You also say this started with your ear? Lichen planus only affects the ear in rare cases and also older people. The ear area shouls be really red, scaly and rotten looking. Look it up on google and tell me if your ear looks like that. Biopsys have been very wrong in the places I have done a few and all came with different results through different doctors so biopsys means nothing to me. Dont give me the "the doctor I went to was the best in my area/city/country. I have friends that are doctors and not even they knew what malassezia even was. Doctors know so little when it comes to these types of diseases. There was a user that also advocated the frontal fibrosing alopecia theory that was a troll and tried with no evidence proving it was it and made stuff up. Now tell me, when has there ever been a case of someone with lichen planus/frontal fibrosing alopecia on their beard,scalp, eyelashes, eyebrows and having dandruff on forehead, sideburns and among the hairloss places at the same time? Im not saying you're troll like the last user but this theory needs to stop spreading and giving people false ideas.

First off im not losing any less because I have less eyebrows. When it all started I started losing 10-15 eyebrows a day and I still lose up to those numbers when im not using products that are against malassezia. I have done this experiment before. Where I see if the hairloss is affected with products for malassezia. I also seriously doubt we're dealing with a form of frontal fibrosing alopecia/lichen planus. Because I have dandruff on my beard, forehead, scalp, eyelashes, chest and eyebrows which are areas associated with seb derm induced by malassezia. I also dont have skin colored bumps on my forehead or other places on face which is associated with FFA. I have looked into this theory before and through much research it simply isnt it. My scalp isnt anything like the pictures show, not even close resembling. When you have frontal fibrosing alopecia you also have redness, facial papules and this type of scarring only occurs alone or with the scalp. Of the cases that have frontal fibrosing alopecia on eyebrows only 1% also have eyelash lost. The odds get even more stacked against it being it because this disease in majority of the cases only affect older women and Im a young guy. You also say this started with your ear? Lichen planus only affects the ear in rare cases and also older people. The ear area shouls be really red, scaly and rotten looking. Look it up on google and tell me if your ear looks like that. Biopsys have been very wrong in the places I have done a few and all came with different results through different doctors so biopsys means nothing to me. Dont give me the "the doctor I went to was the best in my area/city/country. I have friends that are doctors and not even they knew what malassezia even was. Doctors know so little when it comes to these types of diseases. There was a user that also advocated the frontal fibrosing alopecia theory that was a troll and tried with no evidence proving it was it and made stuff up. Now tell me, when has there ever been a case of someone with lichen planus/frontal fibrosing alopecia on their beard,scalp, eyelashes, eyebrows and having dandruff on forehead, sideburns and among the hairloss places at the same time? Im not saying you're troll like the last user but this theory needs to stop spreading and giving people false ideas.
    I'm far from a troll, I'm a fellow sufferer. You sound exactly like me. It didn't start in my ears. It all started with individual eyebrow hair moving directions, 1 or two every few weeks on the right eyebrow. A month later I noticed a litte scaling on the area where the brows were moving directions. No itch. I self treated with over the counter steroid and nizoral. 4 months later the diffuse eyebrow loss began on both brows. 15-20 hairs a day, maybe more, I tried everything, even fluconoazole. The scaling can be a paste type after showering also, avoid long hot showers. A month later the itch began and continues, especially after washing my face. There's no redness. There is broken hairs but no exclamation point hairs. The eyebrows are very wirey and continue to move directions and they grow back very strange. The hair that grows back is thin, light and points in all weird directions then can turn into really weird thick terminal hairs but has a tendency to fall out again a month or two later. 4 months on the eyelashes started, no erythema, no scaling at all. It tingles then falls out. I have seen 4 derms thus far. I've always had dandruff on my head, it began in my ear when the eyebrows started up 16 months ago. It went away. The symptoms very much resemble frontal fibrosing but maybe it's a rare form of it. Some of our symptoms don't fit though. With frontal fibrosing eyelash occurrence can happen more often then 1%. It can happen to men and women and younger people also. It can also be isolated to the brows for many years. The pattern of frontal fibrosing can vary, there are rarer characteristics. I don't know if I have papules or folliculitis on my forehead, some people don't get any papules. I have a lot of information on frontal fibrosing. I was so releived when derms said I didn't have ir but they never ran biopsy to actually check. I've only had one biopsy early on to rule out seb derm/ demodex. Have you had a dermoscopy, biopsy on the hairs to check their charecteristics. I'm fighting to get that done now, I have a doctor who is personally overseeing my case now and has found me a derm who is willing to explore this issue instead of just taking the easy way out with the maleissia theory. Maleissia can cause some hairloss but not to our degree where the hair simply fall outs with no friction and it usually causes redness aka erythema which it doesn't for most of us. I don't know what we have, nobody does so far but it's rare and it does cause follicle damage. I don't know if it's scarring the area but the hairs that grow back are never the same. I'll keep you posted on my progress do you have an email. You can email me at samfromwa@outlook.com. I'm in contact with others with our condition over the phone. Look forward to hearing back from you.
    https://www.deepdyve.com/lp/wiley/isolated-eyebrow-loss-in-frontal-fibrosing-alopecia-relevance-of-early-BfOvyqgtuL
    Last edited by Samfromwa; 8th February 2020 at 10:19 AM.

Hair medications such a menoxidil have rosacea as a side effect so are best avoided if you have rosacea. You'd be best off investigating whether tea tree oil could help with the regrowth of the eye lashes, as they are prone to demodex mites infestation. Zhongzhou cream could also help.