Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: Severe die off from zz after first use?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    36

    Default Severe die off from zz after first use?

    So I just recently picked ZZ cream over soolantra in my first real attempt to combat demodex. I am on day two and my face is completely freaking out. The main issue ATM is itching and a pretty severe break out. This began the day after first use. I am now on day two. My question is this. Is it possible to be experiencing a die off this quickly? I know it's going to get worse before it gets better. I don't mind being patient. But the discomfort is pretty severe almost instantly. This is not the experience I have read about time and time again. Die offs typically do not happen this fast from what I've read.

    I would like to point out that I suspect I have a very severe infestation of demodex. I had white keratin plugs literally all over my face. I don't see nearly as many already. I guess I'm just looking for reassurance. I struggle with severe anxiety and depression. So this is very difficult on my mental health. So all I can do is hope that this is just my skin reacting to the mites dying. Wish me luck guys and please if you can share your experience with die offs. Or will ZZ cream in general.

    The good news/bad news is I'm on a break from work etc ATM. So I can hide away for a bit while this is going on. It's only a slightly bad thing because this allows me to fixate. I'm going to start using metrogel to control the break out.

    Oh one more question actually. How long do I need to be leaving ZZ cream on my face before washing it off? I'm assuming overnight is more than long enough. But like today I've have had it on for probably 5-6 hours. And I'm ready to wash and put metrogel on. But I don't want to rush to get it off just because I'm a little uncomfortable.

    Thank you guys in advance for any time you take to respond.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    432

    Default

    If it is a die-off reaction Sejon recommended Hibiscrub for 20 seconds before rinsing off, to combat bacterial issues from die-off. If you read the benzyl benzoate thread you might find it there! And I hope the metro works!
    Hope you stay strong my friend, keep fighting the bad thoughts!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rednessator View Post
    If it is a die-off reaction Sejon recommended Hibiscrub for 20 seconds before rinsing off, to combat bacterial issues from die-off. If you read the benzyl benzoate thread you might find it there! And I hope the metro works!
    Hope you stay strong my friend, keep fighting the bad thoughts!
    Thank you for taking the time to respond. I've dug a little deeper in testimonials. Apparently others have experienced severe die off break outs as quickly as day three. So I'm really hoping this is what I'm experiencing. I am covered in superficial white heads smh. And my skin is very red. When I put the metrogel on this morning it did seem to help a lot with burning/itching. So I'm going to stick to this routine for a few days. Thank you for the kind words. I will explore that thread as well.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Brady Barrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Centre, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    5,271

    Default

    Interesting that you have such a quick reaction to the ZZ cream. Try putting a dab of the ZZ cream on your inside wrist and see if you get a reaction on your wrist. If so, you are probably allergic to something in the ZZ cream. If not, then, just leave the ZZ cream on overnight, applying it just before bed, and rinse off in the am and keep using the metrogel during the day, and repeat this overnight application and rinse off with applying metrogel in the am each day. Just wrote a post about 'Gets Worse Before it Gets Better.' If you are experiencing a die-off, you should probably see some improvement towards clearance in thirty days, and complete clearance in ninety days.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi



  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Interesting that you have such a quick reaction to the ZZ cream. Try putting a dab of the ZZ cream on your inside wrist and see if you get a reaction on your wrist. If so, you are probably allergic to something in the ZZ cream. If not, then, just leave the ZZ cream on overnight, applying it just before bed, and rinse off in the am and keep using the metrogel during the day, and repeat this overnight application and rinse off with applying metrogel in the am each day. Just wrote a post about 'Gets Worse Before it Gets Better.' If you are experiencing a die-off, you should probably see some improvement towards clearance in thirty days, and complete clearance in ninety days.
    Hey Brady! Glad to get a response from you. It makes me feel better knowing you're around educating people like myself. I jumped right into the zz cream without doing a spot test. That was pretty foolish in hindsight. So I just put a healthy little circle on my wrist. I truely believe I am experiencing a die off. My break out looks exactly like the pictures I've seen. I honestly just think my face is so infested that this product started killing off many of them immediately.

    I don't expect you to hold my hand through this process. But I'd love to keep you updated and get tips along the way. If you'd prefer I email you I can do that. Otherwise I suppose I can keep updating this thread? Anyway thank you for what you do. I really mean that.

    Silly question here but can you ballpark how long it would take for my wrist to potentially react?

  6. #6
    Senior Member Brady Barrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Centre, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    5,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mothinrust View Post
    Hey Brady! Glad to get a response from you. It makes me feel better knowing you're around educating people like myself. I jumped right into the zz cream without doing a spot test. That was pretty foolish in hindsight. So I just put a healthy little circle on my wrist. I truely believe I am experiencing a die off. My break out looks exactly like the pictures I've seen. I honestly just think my face is so infested that this product started killing off many of them immediately.
    I don't expect you to hold my hand through this process. But I'd love to keep you updated and get tips along the way. If you'd prefer I email you I can do that. Otherwise I suppose I can keep updating this thread? Anyway thank you for what you do. I really mean that. Silly question here but can you ballpark how long it would take for my wrist to potentially react?
    Mothinrust,
    You will know if you have an allergic reaction within hours of applying the ZZ cream to your wrist. Your wrist will be just as inflamed as your face. Not everyone can tolerate the ZZ cream, just like not everyone can tolerate Soolantra, or for that matter any medical treatment. Please keep us posted in this thread you have started since it will be without a doubt helpful to others.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi



  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    110
    Country: United States

    Default

    I had a pretty severe reaction to my combo of coconut oil/tea tree oil which i applied for a week prior to starting ZZ cream, which I believe was die-off. However I never had itching. You definitely have to determine if you are having an allergic reaction to the cream. I believe they do make 3 different versions of the cream so if you are allergic to one, perhaps another one might be ok for you. Good luck!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    36

    Default

    **Just a quick update**
    I applied cream to inside of wrist approximately 6-7 hours ago. No irritation what so ever. Skin on that spot looks exactly the same as before I put it on. Solidifying my belief that I am just experiencing a severe die off. Which although is good news. Looking in the mirror isn't easy right now. But I will not give up and I will remain as positive as possible. I will continue ZZ cream at night and metrogel in morning. I'll report back as soon as I feel is necessary. Thanks guys.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    110
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mothinrust View Post
    **Just a quick update**
    I applied cream to inside of wrist approximately 6-7 hours ago. No irritation what so ever. Skin on that spot looks exactly the same as before I put it on. Solidifying my belief that I am just experiencing a severe die off. Which although is good news. Looking in the mirror isn't easy right now. But I will not give up and I will remain as positive as possible. I will continue ZZ cream at night and metrogel in morning. I'll report back as soon as I feel is necessary. Thanks guys.
    Good to know you are not having an allergic reaction. Have you been watering down the cream or using full strength? I usually water down about 50%. I think others water it down even more. If your reaction becomes too severe you can try an extremely thin coating. I also read some users took a day off here and there to heal. Keep us posted!

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redvelvet View Post
    Good to know you are not having an allergic reaction. Have you been watering down the cream or using full strength? I usually water down about 50%. I think others water it down even more. If your reaction becomes too severe you can try an extremely thin coating. I also read some users took a day off here and there to heal. Keep us posted!
    I'm not watering mine down at all actually. I have the newer formula. It is very creamy and easy to spread. I just apply it to my face while face is slightly wet. I apply it with a wet finger. I do have a tendency to apply too much of anything topical. So I was actually wondering if my die off was so quick/severe because I am putting on more than necessary. I will definitely start mixing in a little water before application. I personally don't think I will take any days off. I want to be consistent as possible. But more importantly I want to push through this severe die off as quickly as possible. Metrogel should continue to control the bacteria related breakout. I will be back sooner than later with more updates. Thanks for participating in this thread. I appreciate you.

Similar Threads

  1. Demodex die off symptom??
    By luispb in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29th July 2018, 07:05 AM
  2. HELP PLEASE! Soolantra Die off symptoms
    By hunghung in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 3rd May 2018, 11:05 PM
  3. Die off
    By ihavetoasky in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 27th December 2015, 01:03 AM
  4. I want to die
    By rooj in forum Diet, lifestyle and relationships
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 31st August 2012, 06:44 PM
  5. Help, please! Getting worse and so depressed, want to die
    By vicki in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 15th April 2011, 07:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •