Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Severe die off from zz after first use?

Quote Originally Posted by Mothinrust View Post
    I'm not watering mine down at all actually. I have the newer formula. It is very creamy and easy to spread. I just apply it to my face while face is slightly wet. I apply it with a wet finger. I do have a tendency to apply too much of anything topical. So I was actually wondering if my die off was so quick/severe because I am putting on more than necessary. I will definitely start mixing in a little water before application. I personally don't think I will take any days off. I want to be consistent as possible. But more importantly I want to push through this severe die off as quickly as possible. Metrogel should continue to control the bacteria related breakout. I will be back sooner than later with more updates. Thanks for participating in this thread. I appreciate you.

I'd also say that Metrogel can be quite irritating to the skin, so it may be worth trying the Zhongzhou cream without the Metrolgel. The combination of the two creams may be particularly irritating, as both can irritate the skin on their own.
    Last edited by antwantsclear; 17th December 2019 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    I'd also say that Metrogel can be quite irritating to the skin, so it may be worth trying the Zhongzhou cream without the Metrolgel. The combination of the two creams may be particularly irritating, as both can irritate the skin on their own.
    Well I'm day 4 and the combo of the two is working excellently. The ZZ cream is reducing my pore size and my redness. The metrogel is keeping any p&ps away. My initial die off break out has completely cleared for now.

I am very happy with the results so far. I mean seriously my enlarged pores on either side of my nose have almost completely vanished. I don't want to to get too excited just yet. I'm very early into this treatment. But I can't believe how much better my pores look.

I'm going to keep updating this thread. So please check back in if possible. I'd love to have this extremely helpful community with me on this journey. Thank you so much for taking the time to give me advice though. Seriously it means a lot to me. And I wholeheartedly believe and trust the people in this community to give sound advice. See you soon with another update.

ZZ Cream is all you need, and your favourite moisturiser, if need be. Nothing else.

Sounds like it's working well. I also reacted very quickly to it, although initial use of tea tree oil is what sparked my die-off. I was healed within 2 weeks of ZZ Cream.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Well I'm day 4 and the combo of the two is working excellently. The ZZ cream is reducing my pore size and my redness. The metrogel is keeping any p&ps away. My initial die off break out has completely cleared for now.

I am very happy with the results so far. I mean seriously my enlarged pores on either side of my nose have almost completely vanished. I don't want to to get too excited just yet. I'm very early into this treatment. But I can't believe how much better my pores look.

I'm going to keep updating this thread. So please check back in if possible. I'd love to have this extremely helpful community with me on this journey. Thank you so much for taking the time to give me advice though. Seriously it means a lot to me. And I wholeheartedly believe and trust the people in this community to give sound advice. See you soon with another update.
    Wonderful news. So happy you stuck with it and didn't panic/stop treatment. This website is invaluable and everyone here is so knowledgeable, having been through it ourselves.
    I still haven't encountered anyone who experienced the joint pain that I did about a week into treatment, but it disappeared and I'm convinced it was part of the die-off. Fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    ZZ Cream is all you need, and your favourite moisturiser, if need be. Nothing else.

Sounds like it's working well. I also reacted very quickly to it, although initial use of tea tree oil is what sparked my die-off. I was healed within 2 weeks of ZZ Cream.
    Hey! You're the main reason I picked ZZ cream. That's the honest to god truth. I read your detailed testimonial and we had such similar issues rosacea wise. It made me feel like ZZ cream was my best option. Thanks for what you've done for this forum! If you can please check back in on me. I realize that's kind of a lot to ask. But you're very helpful and knowledgeable on the subject. So it would mean the world to me.

My face has returned to what has become my normal for now. But I'm hardly giving up. I plan to discontinue use of metrogel and start using my AM moisturizer after washing off ZZ cream. I'm also using microfiber towels to very gently exfoliate every other day. And only bottled water on my face. I'm really taking this very seriously. My face is a heck of a lot smoother already though.

I am hoping and praying that I have the same level of success as you. Thank you again for everything you do. You're a good man. And you've given a lot of people including myself hope.

Quote Originally Posted by redvelvet View Post
    Wonderful news. So happy you stuck with it and didn't panic/stop treatment. This website is invaluable and everyone here is so knowledgeable, having been through it ourselves.
    I still haven't encountered anyone who experienced the joint pain that I did about a week into treatment, but it disappeared and I'm convinced it was part of the die-off. Fascinating!
    That is very fascinating actually. I haven't read anything about joint pain in all the testimonials I've looked at. I'm so glad you made it through them though. Giving up isn't an option for those of us suffering with rosacea! There's always a solution.

Thank you for your kind words and support. It means a whole lot to me. I will be actively updating. If you have time please feel free to check in on me. It makes me feel really good to have this community supporting me. It's very encouraging and gives me hope.

Hey! You're the main reason I picked ZZ cream. That's the honest to god truth. I read your detailed testimonial and we had such similar issues rosacea wise. It made me feel like ZZ cream was my best option. Thanks for what you've done for this forum! If you can please check back in on me. I realize that's kind of a lot to ask. But you're very helpful and knowledgeable on the subject. So it would mean the world to me.

My face has returned to what has become my normal for now. But I'm hardly giving up. I plan to discontinue use of metrogel and start using my AM moisturizer after washing off ZZ cream. I'm also using microfiber towels to very gently exfoliate every other day. And only bottled water on my face. I'm really taking this very seriously. My face is a heck of a lot smoother already though.

I am hoping and praying that I have the same level of success as you. Thank you again for everything you do. You're a good man. And you've given a lot of people including myself hope.
    Thank you. I appreciate your kind words, and will be sure to check in on you!

Yes, discontinue all products except ZZ Cream.

Only use moisturiser if you absolutely need it. If you can handle a bit of dryness, keep going, and your skin will eventually self-moisturise.

Also, please only 'exfoliate' with a microfibre cloth/towel if you absolutely need to, i.e. to remove dead skin buildup or excess ZZ Cream. It seems they changed the ZZ Cream recipe slightly so that there is less, if any, ZZ Cream residue. In the past, with the older 'dryer' formula, I would have a bit of white ZZ cream residue in the morning. I would go as far as saying that with the new formula, if one has ZZ Cream residue in the morning, then one's probably using too much ZZ Cream.

If you do have dead skin buildup, try and limit exfoliating with microfibre as much as possible, maybe once or twice a week, or every other day. If you have ZZ Cream buildup, please use less, or use less with more water.

The idea is to keep in mind doing as little to our faces as possible.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Any update on how you are travelling with the ZZ cream Mothinrust? Have things continued to improve?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch1 View Post
    Any update on how you are travelling with the ZZ cream Mothinrust? Have things continued to improve?
    Hey things have continued to improve. Everything went smoothly with traveling during new years. I unfortunately missed application NYE due to celebrating. But it was worth it. Anyway my skin was always very dry and flaky. It was beyond frustrating. It was especially bad arpund my nostrils. To where if I blew my nose i'd have peely skin all over my nostrils. I've noticed all of that seemingly disappear and my skin is very soft. My persistent general redness continues. But I have noticed improvement there's no doubt. My skin even has more of a pink tone to it a lot of time now. I can't wait to see what this product does for my face after 90 days. So far it has been almost exactly a month. Oh and all of my minor seb derm related issues on forehead and temples have vanished as well. I will continue to update this thread on my progress.

Another thing I almost forgot to mention. I had little white plugs all over my face. You know tiny little white keratin plugs or whatever. I've read multiple times that it's actually demodex mite tails? But it gave my face a sandpaper type feel. Those are vanishing rapidly. I'd say they're almost completely gone. I swear before I started this I could gently run my finger down my face in the shower and dead skin would roll off. It was gross. I'm not dealing with that at all anymore. The improvement I've seen so far is amazing.

Honest opinion everyone, Do you think that ZZ cream can shrink/lessen the appearance of open pores ?

Thanks
    MD