Thread: I try Low Dose Naltrexone

Lightbulb I try Low Dose Naltrexone

Man, 26 years old.

I started having Rosacea and Raynaud's Syndrome about 10 years ago.

My rosacea:
    Big flushs only. No pimples, papules or pustules.
    Just severe red and hot facial flushes. On the nose (mainly on the top of it) and cheeks.
    Here is my typical day : My skin is relatively normal in the morning but the flushes starts with emotions, stress, sex, social interactions or meals and of course alcohol. The worst time is the evening around 6 pm, a big flush goes off without reasons. And I feel tired and bad for 2 or 3 hours. The rest of the time, my skin is ultra sensitive to everything: heat, cold, exercise, emotion, etc.

My Raynaud's:
    My hands are cold all the time (even in summer) and warm up at times but get too hot. Basically: my hands can be cold and purple, or hot and red but they are NEVER normal. In addition to physical discomfort, there is a real aesthetic gene (you don't know what it's like to have your hands always colored as if you had ****ing gangrene).

I have other symtoms that I could summarize in a general feeling of permanent ill-being :
    Moderate headache, digestive discomfort (bloating), chronic fatigue, bad sleep, depression...

What I tested:
    Just about everything you can buy: probiotics, prebiotics, vitamins, omega 3, MSM, Betaine HCL, Enzymes, Spirulina, Diet and Protocols, etc.
    Just name it, there is a 90% chance that I have already tested it.

So what about Low Dose Naltrexone:
    I heard that it could give results. And since I have nothing to lose, I wanted to test.
    I did not want to fight with my doctor to agree to prescribe me an unconventional treatment. Doctors have always disappointed me, by the way. So I ordered LDN on a website (I do not recommend it and I do not know if it's legal. If you are interested, do your own research).

I start 5 days ago with 3mg at bedtime. I know that you have to start gradually and blah blah blah, but I jumped and start straight at 3mg.

Results:
    For the moment, no positive effects and no side effects. Some have reported sleep problems. But I already had a bad sleep before starting so I did not see any change for that.
    I will continue with this dosage until I get some potential effects.

Feel free to ask me any questions or give me advice. Especially if you have tested LDN yourself.

Sorry for my english, I'm french.
    Last edited by Ryohiku; 12th December 2019 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryohiku View Post
    Man, 26 years old.

I started having Rosacea and Raynaud's Syndrome about 10 years ago.

My rosacea:
    Big flushs only. No pimples, papules or pustules.
    Just severe red and hot facial flushes. On the nose (mainly on the top of it) and cheeks.
    Here is my typical day : My skin is relatively normal in the morning but the flushes starts with emotions, stress, sex, social interactions or meals and of course alcohol. The worst time is the evening around 6 pm, a big flush goes off without reasons. And I feel tired and bad for 2 or 3 hours. The rest of the time, my skin is ultra sensitive to everything: heat, cold, exercise, emotion, etc.

My Raynaud's:
    My hands are cold all the time (even in summer) and warm up at times but get too hot. Basically: my hands can be cold and purple, or hot and red but they are NEVER normal. In addition to physical discomfort, there is a real aesthetic gene (you don't know what it's like to have your hands always colored as if you had ****ing gangrene).

I have other symtoms that I could summarize in a general feeling of permanent ill-being :
    Moderate headache, digestive discomfort (bloating), chronic fatigue, bad sleep, depression...

What I tested:
    Just about everything you can buy: probiotics, prebiotics, vitamins, omega 3, MSM, Betaine HCL, Enzymes, Spirulina, Diet and Protocols, etc.
    Just name it, there is a 90% chance that I have already tested it.

So what about Low Dose Naltrexone:
    I heard that it could give results. And since I have nothing to lose, I wanted to test.
    I did not want to fight with my doctor to agree to prescribe me an unconventional treatment. Doctors have always disappointed me, by the way. So I ordered LDN on a website (I do not recommend it and I do not know if it's legal. If you are interested, do your own research).

I start 5 days ago with 3mg at bedtime. I know that you have to start gradually and blah blah blah, but I jumped and start straight at 3mg.

Results:
    For the moment, no positive effects and no side effects. Some have reported sleep problems. But I already had a bad sleep before starting so I did not see any change for that.
    I will continue with this dosage until I get some potential effects.

Feel free to ask me any questions or give me advice. Especially if you have tested LDN yourself.

Sorry for my english, I'm french.
    There is already a long thread on LDN I started 4 weeks ago but Iím only on 1.5 mg you really need to get it from a chemist go to the LDN trust.
    Iíve not experienced any benefits yet. But Iíve been battling flu for three weeks so not a great time to start .

Yes I know but the thread is too long and I'm too lazy to read everything.

what filler does your pharmacy use?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryohiku View Post
    Yes I know but the thread is too long and I'm too lazy to read everything.
    People have put a lot of time an effort into that thread; it's a shame as it has some very valuable information that 'could' help you, how/where to buy genuine LDN and how best to use it.

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

I went through this thread. But I still want to share my own experience on my own thread, can I?

Moreover, I like when it goes to the essential. Often, a 20-pages thread can be summarized in a few words.

So if you have something to say, say so. But do not send me back to this or that thread.
    Last edited by Ryohiku; 13th December 2019 at 06:02 PM.