Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Zhongzhou cream

Quote Originally Posted by Judworth View Post
    Coming up to two months of using ZZ cream (just purchased my 2nd tub).

I have been more than happy with the results, use 5 out of 7 nights and often over an oil-based night product (which really helps to reduce dryness).

The face that now looks back at me is pale and although I obviously will never lose those pesky thread veins, they are much paler!

All-in-all a real success for me!

J
    Congrats Judworth. Another happy camper with the ZZ cream. What is the 'often over an oil-based night product' you use before applying the ZZ cream?
    Brady Barrows
    Blog ē Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Judworth View Post
    Coming up to two months of using ZZ cream (just purchased my 2nd tub).

I have been more than happy with the results, use 5 out of 7 nights and often over an oil-based night product (which really helps to reduce dryness).

The face that now looks back at me is pale and although I obviously will never lose those pesky thread veins, they are much paler!

All-in-all a real success for me!

J
    Wonderful feedback. You've got your life back!
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    Wonderful feedback. You've got your life back!
    Hello RR!

Thank you! Only took almost 18 yrs!! Never give up eh?

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Congrats Judworth. Another happy camper with the ZZ cream. What is the 'often over an oil-based night product' you use before applying the ZZ cream?
    I’m feeling really fed up I can’t use this. I’ve gone back on to soolantra. As I don’t know what else to do.
    I’m thinking of asking for ivermectin oral tablets. But I don’t know if you can get it in the UK. My eyes have swollen up again since stopping soolantra. And I’m terrified of antibiotics. As I already have fungal issues.

Why do you get enlarged pores with Rosacea?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    I’m feeling really fed up I can’t use this. I’ve gone back on to soolantra. As I don’t know what else to do.
    I’m thinking of asking for ivermectin oral tablets. But I don’t know if you can get it in the UK. My eyes have swollen up again since stopping soolantra. And I’m terrified of antibiotics. As I already have fungal issues.

Why do you get enlarged pores with Rosacea?

Why some chemicals trigger dermatitis is a mystery

Triggering enlarged pores hasn't been the topic of very many threads. Most are more concerned with erythema and pimples. It would be a good topic for a post and when I have time I will do an investigation on this subject and create a post at the RRDi on this. If you do an investigation on this subject it would be helpful.

Oral Ivermectin is a safe medical treatment used all over the world, including the UK. You may need to show your physician the research papers on using it for rosacea.

You may want to read about the mechanism of action and basis for the vehicle in using Soolantra since you are so sensitive to ingredients and the comparison the RRDi has done on Soolantra and Cetaphil. Teva 1% Ivermectin cream has recently been released but we haven't investigated yet the inactive ingredients.

If you haven't heard about horse paste for rosacea which contains 1.87% ivermectin and far less inactive ingredients than Soolantra we have found two different brands that list the inactive ingredients.

AGRI-MECTIN (ivermectin) Paste 1.87%
    Inactive Ingredients
    Corn Oil, Polysorbate 80, Apple Flavor, and Aerosil.

Eqvalan Oral Paste for Horses Ingredients:
    Ivermectin: 1.87% w/w.
    Titanium Dioxide (E171) 2.0% w/w.
    Hyprolose
    Hydrogenated Castor Oil
    Propylene Glycol

Noromectin is available in the UK (the inactive ingredients are not available and it only contains 0.08% ivermectin) and if you discover any other brand available in the UK let us know.

One poster here at RF (I can't find the post right now) is using an injectable ivermectin TOPICALLY and says it works just as good or better than Soolantra. If someone can find the post that would be helpful. Here is a post about a similar use of injectable ivermectin.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 4th February 2020 at 02:47 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog ē Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Wonderful news Judworth. I feel the same way when I look in the mirror each morning- half expecting to see a flare-up, but happy to report my skin only gets better. I've also learned a ton about petrochemicals and how they actually make rosacea/acne skin worse by creating a barrier which presents your skin from breathing and causes bacteria to increase. Wow. What a learning experience this has been! Now that I'm using quality plant based moisturizers on my skin, I think it looks 10 years younger! WooHoo!!

Quote Originally Posted by redvelvet View Post
    Wonderful news Judworth. I feel the same way when I look in the mirror each morning- half expecting to see a flare-up, but happy to report my skin only gets better. I've also learned a ton about petrochemicals and how they actually make rosacea/acne skin worse by creating a barrier which presents your skin from breathing and causes bacteria to increase. Wow. What a learning experience this has been! Now that I'm using quality plant based moisturizers on my skin, I think it looks 10 years younger! WooHoo!!
    Thank you!

what moisturizers do you use please?

10 yrs younger! Nice!

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Ok maybe not 10 years..... but a good 5? Now that Iím not dealing with rosacea symptoms I can focus on those fine lines and age spots! I use Arbonne which Iím pretty sure is also sold in UK. All vegan, no parabens, no petrochemicals, no fillers, no fake colors or fragrances. All plant based and I swear the texture of my skin has never been better. I use the Calm line from Arbonne but my sister (who doesnít have rosacea) uses the RE9 line for again skin and wants me to try it. Iím a little afraid to but maybe if I get up the courage to try it Iíll let you know! You can order Arbonne on the website, you just have to put in a consultant code. Mine is 24545433 but Iím in the US so not sure if it would work for you. If not I think you can request a code for your area. Let me know what you think!

Quote Originally Posted by redvelvet View Post
    Ok maybe not 10 years..... but a good 5? Now that Iím not dealing with rosacea symptoms I can focus on those fine lines and age spots! I use Arbonne which Iím pretty sure is also sold in UK. All vegan, no parabens, no petrochemicals, no fillers, no fake colors or fragrances. All plant based and I swear the texture of my skin has never been better. I use the Calm line from Arbonne but my sister (who doesnít have rosacea) uses the RE9 line for again skin and wants me to try it. Iím a little afraid to but maybe if I get up the courage to try it Iíll let you know! You can order Arbonne on the website, you just have to put in a consultant code. Mine is 24545433 but Iím in the US so not sure if it would work for you. If not I think you can request a code for your area. Let me know what you think!
    Hi Redvelvet
    Would you say the Arbonne Calm is the best moisturizer you have used and does not irrititate at all ? I am currently using Cerave with SPF 30 and although it is stated as gentle I feel it definately makes my skin redder so I am looking at any alternative. I just wanted to pick your brain as Arbonne is nearly 3 times the cost of Cerave here in the UK

Thanks in advance
    MD

Quote Originally Posted by mirradodga View Post
    Hi Redvelvet
    Would you say the Arbonne Calm is the best moisturizer you have used and does not irrititate at all ? I am currently using Cerave with SPF 30 and although it is stated as gentle I feel it definately makes my skin redder so I am looking at any alternative. I just wanted to pick your brain as Arbonne is nearly 3 times the cost of Cerave here in the UK

Thanks in advance
    MD
    For me, the Calm was the best moisturizer I found and I started using it two years ago with full blown rosacea. However I really only used it twice a week because putting ANYTHING on my skin was tough. But for me it was 10x better than Cerave or Cetaphil. I know that's what all the dermatologists recommend but here's my issue: Cerave has petroleum in it which adds a kind of barrier to your skin. (Here's my article on petrochemicals: https://rosaceahelp.org/petrochemicals.) It does not let your skin breath and over time bacteria and impurities can build up in your skin. Here's an article (https://drwhitneybowe.com/mineral-oil-safe-or-scary) by dermatologist Dr. Whitney Bowe explaining that while mineral oil or petroleum (petrochemicals) may not be the best thing for us rosaceans. She writes: "The second reason I donít use mineral oil containing products on a daily basis is because, even though mineral oil is unlikely to clog pores on its own, it can trap other pore-clogging ingredients in the skin. So if you use a product that combines mineral oil with another ingredient, the mineral oil can potentially trap that other ingredient in the skin." If you read the ingredients of Cerave they are: Aqua / Water / Eau, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Potassium Phosphate, Ceramide Np, Ceramide Ap, Ceramide Eop, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Ceteareth-20, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Methylparaben, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cholesterol, Disodium Edta, Dipotassium Phosphate, Propylparaben, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate. Aside from lauroyl lactylate it contains parabens. For most people this product would be perfectly fine but for people like us, it's a lot of stuff we probably shouldn't be putting on our faces. I know Cerave and Cetaphil work great for many of you and with rosacea, you have to try EVERYTHING. I'm not here to criticize any products, I just know there are BETTER products out there. There are tons of brands that do not contain parabens, sulfates, or petrochemicals. And yes, they will be more expensive! I know in the USA, Arbonne offers a 45 day money back guarantee on any product no matter how much you used, so it's possible they have the same policy in the UK. It's certainly worth asking the question! Good luck, and RESEARCH!!!!! You will be amazed at what you find out!