Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Zhongzhou cream

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Generally speaking the only species of demodex living on humans are demodex folliculorum and demodex brevis. However in rare or uncommon patients it has been shown that demodex species on pets and other mammals can transfer to humans. For more information.

Getting back to the topic, the ZZ cream does indeed kill mites, no matter the species.
    I'm not convinced we have the full science available yet - certainly not on cross infection of dogs and humans - we don't really know fully yet how demodex mites cause rosacea in people. Zhongzhou cream is not an evidence based treatment through clinical trials yet we know it works! It's not a priority for scientists to work out the link between dogs and humans.
    Last edited by antwantsclear; 22nd December 2019 at 06:47 PM.

[QUOTE=Brady Barrows;351692]Generally speaking the only species of demodex living on humans are demodex folliculorum and demodex brevis. However in rare or uncommon patients it has been shown that demodex species on pets and other mammals can transfer to humans. For more information.

Getting back to the topic, the ZZ cream does indeed kill mites, no matter the species.[/QUOTE

Seems like it’s pretty rare and like scabies. But as I say dogs have no signs of infestation. And my eyelashes was falling out for years before just didn’t realise what it was then. Then my eyelids started swelling then I started with rosacea. Since treating my skin and scrubbing eyes . Eyelashes have grown back.

So do you think even after 4 months os soolantra the buggers are still at play ?
    Will continue with chin area to see how my skin tolerates it .
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    Seems like it’s pretty rare and like scabies. But as I say dogs have no signs of infestation. And my eyelashes was falling out for years before just didn’t realise what it was then. Then my eyelids started swelling then I started with rosacea. Since treating my skin and scrubbing eyes . Eyelashes have grown back.

So do you think even after 4 months os soolantra the buggers are still at play ?
    Will continue with chin area to see how my skin tolerates it .
    Thanks
    The mites keep coming back. Just because you see improvement in four months, you will still have to continue using a maintenance routine like Soolantra, Horse Paste, or the ZZ cream. You can read the King of Soolantra Threads and browse through and see that users continue to use Soolantra.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    I'm not convinced we have the full science available yet - certainly not on cross infection of dogs and humans - we don't really know fully yet how demodex mites cause rosacea in people. Zhongzhou cream is not an evidence based treatment through clinical trials yet we know it works! It's not a priority for scientists to work out the link between dogs and humans.
    Most papers on demodectic rosacea in humans state that the mites in other mammals like pets do not transfer to humans, but as shown in the sources I have provided, while it is uncommon or rare, mites on other mammals do indeed cross over to humans. The papers on the Ubiquity and Diversity of Human-Associated Demodex Mites, Under the lash, The potential role of Demodex folliculorum mites and bacteria in the induction of rosacea (read update on demodex), and the Russian paper on demodex mites are illuminating on how humans transfer demodex to each other and their ability to move at a speed of 8-16 mm/h.

The first paper (Ubiquity and Diversity) states:

"Recent studies find that many symbiotic microbes are passed directly from mother to offspring during breast-feeding or during birth (especially if birth is vaginal), and dogs acquire their Demodex mites as nursing pups. In light of this, the same means of mite transmission seems possible in humans, supported by the fact that in one study, Demodex mites were found in 77% of nipple tissue from mastectomies..."

There are some papers in China that are 'evidence based' published by Chinese authorities concerning the ZZ cream which Demodex Solutions refers to.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 23rd December 2019 at 01:39 AM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Day three chin is very itchy is this normal ?

Default Just over 2 week mark.

I have been using ZZ cream for just over 2 weeks now, I apply thinly to damp face with a wet finger.

Any stubborn P & P's have disappeared and overall redness has reduced very nicely!!

I have not found it to be too drying and it has not increased my flushing or nerve pain, I will give it a break tonight and use a natural skin balm to combat any dryness I may get!

VERY happy so far!!

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Day three chin is very itchy is this normal ?
    Yes itchiness is one of the side effects, probably due to the mites crawling away. One of the signs of demodectic rosacea is itchiness at night, because the mites don't like light and surface at night. The more you use the ZZ cream the less the itchiness. Usually takes four weeks for improvement and twelve weeks for clearance. After the twelve weeks usually a maintenance application is required, one or two applications a week should suffice, or more if necessary. If I eat a lot of sugar/carbohydrate I will see zits and redness within a short period of time, say a day or two. So I have to maintain a strict sugar/carbohydrate free diet along with the ZZ cream to maintain my clearance.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 24th December 2019 at 12:57 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Yes itchiness is one of the side effects, probably due to the mites crawling away. One of the signs of demodectic rosacea is itchiness at night, because the mites don't like light and surface at night. The more you use the ZZ cream the less the itchiness. Usually takes four weeks for improvement and twelve weeks for clearance. After the twelve weeks usually a maintenance application is required, one or two applications a week should suffice, or more if necessary. If I eat a lot of sugar/carbohydrate I will see zits and redness within a short period of time, say a day or two. So I have to maintain a strict sugar/carbohydrate free diet along with the ZZ cream to maintain my clearance.
    Don’t touch sugar and I’m on low fodmap diet. Only sugar I have is in odd fruit or maybe a bit of jam in my porridge. No diary no yeast no alcohol. Life is boring Lol
    After 4 months of soolantra there is not many spots but my pores are huge and my face is sweating all the time and well I look ill. No idea what those 2 circles are on my chin so after Christmas might send a picture to that derm to see if he has any ideas.
    Skin seems greasy yet it’s fragile and thin. I’ve started taking olive leaf extract. I’m desperately trying to avoid antibiotics.
    But eyelids are swollen all the time have been since October. Think LDN is helping a little with nerve pain since upping to 2mg a few days ago been on LDN for 5 weeks I’m trying to be patient as I know it takes up to 3 months before you notice anything.

Don’t touch sugar and I’m on low fodmap diet. Only sugar I have is in odd fruit or maybe a bit of jam in my porridge. No diary no yeast no alcohol. Life is boring Lol
    After 4 months of soolantra there is not many spots but my pores are huge and my face is sweating all the time and well I look ill. No idea what those 2 circles are on my chin so after Christmas might send a picture to that derm to see if he has any ideas.
    Skin seems greasy yet it’s fragile and thin. I’ve started taking olive leaf extract. I’m desperately trying to avoid antibiotics.
    But eyelids are swollen all the time have been since October. Think LDN is helping a little with nerve pain since upping to 2mg a few days ago been on LDN for 5 weeks I’m trying to be patient as I know it takes up to 3 months before you notice anything.
    Are you aware of the Leutin/Zeaxathin thread started by Marcello the attorney? Might be something to consider.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Any updates on using this cream my chin is still itchy and burning a little but kind feels like it’s got menthol on if you know what I mean still putting a bit of moisturiser on first. Before applying a thin layer of watered down cream.
    Any updates ?