Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Started ZZ Cream today (with Pic)

Quote Originally Posted by redvelvet View Post
    Thanks! I'm amazed at the progress but also slightly afraid I'm going to wake up from a really good dream. My joint pain has subsided and I haven't had sugar in 3 days. Not even the 1/2 Tsp in my tea that I usually have. I think diet plays a huge role in rosacea and inflammation. However before the ZZ cream I just couldn't control the rosacea with diet, probably because I will dealing with the demodex. For the most part I eat very clean- no soda, no alcohol, no smoking, no fried food- I basically live on salad and chicken (and have for 20 years.) The only sugar intake I have is in bread which I still have, but trying to see if gluten free bread makes a difference. It's not very tasty, is it?
    I must admit, one week on and I feel the same!! As if the miracle of LDN wasn't enough and now to find something that attacks the look of this **** disease is amazing!

I have slightly oily skin, so I am not finding it drying (yet).

Wow! Impressed by your clean living too!
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    I recently got food intolerance test Iím not gluten intolerant but Milk came up Yeast and egg white.
    So maybe itís not the gluten but the yeast we rosacians have issues with.

Which is the best Zz cream to use are some less drying ?
    I use this supplement which protects you both from gluten and dairy - it's not possible to eat a lot of gluten and dairy when taking it, but it certainly reduces the impact on rosacea if you only consume small amounts. Intolerance and allergy testing are very inexact science, so the best way to know if wheat and gluten impact you is to see if you feel an effect from as little as a few hours but it may not be until 2-3 days after you ate it that rosacea gets worse. I try not to eat wheat at all, but this supplement does help with eating oats and dairy I've found. It's quite expensive to get in the UK - Integrative Therapeutics GFCF.

https://www.storkz.com/integrativeth...SABEgJSdvD_BwE

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    I recently got food intolerance test Iím not gluten intolerant but Milk came up Yeast and egg white.
    So maybe itís not the gluten but the yeast we rosacians have issues with.

Which is the best Zz cream to use are some less drying ?
    Rubydo1,
    I ordered two jars of cream. One is the original "ointment" and one is the cream. The both look identical except for the word "original" on the ointment box. I have only started using the original so far and have not opened the other one. I'm hoping it works the same! I just looked at the website again and here's what it says: The cream is the cosmetic version. The active ingredients are the same except no Boric Acid and a slightly modified base to be more gentle or the skin without Triethanolamine.

So I'm thinking the cosmetic cream may be less drying? Maybe another experienced user knows the difference?

Default Adding 2 new pics. I'm on day 17 of ZZ cream.

Weeks 2-3 are supposed to be the worst but I'll happily take this over what my face has looked like for the past 20 years. I think my overall redness is turning into pinkness. So happy with the results so far. Debating trying a very light loose powder, but I think I will ALWAYS be afraid to try any new product on my skin!!red6.jpgred7.jpg
    Last edited by redvelvet; 17th December 2019 at 11:07 PM.

Weeks 2-3 are supposed to be the worst but I'll happily take this over what my face has looked like for the past 20 years. I think my overall redness is turning into pinkness. So happy with the results so far. Debating trying a very light loose powder, but I think I will ALWAYS be afraid to try any new product on my skin!!red6.jpgred7.jpg

Well done!

I use bare minerals concealer and Tarte face powder if that helps!

J

*LDN since October 2018.

PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Weeks 2-3 are supposed to be the worst but I'll happily take this over what my face has looked like for the past 20 years. I think my overall redness is turning into pinkness. So happy with the results so far. Debating trying a very light loose powder, but I think I will ALWAYS be afraid to try any new product on my skin!!
    Well done. Your skin looks beautiful!
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    Well done. Your skin looks beautiful!
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Judworth View Post
    Well done!

I use bare minerals concealer and Tarte face powder if that helps!

J
    Great thank you!

Default Increased flushing??

So Iím on day 23 of ZZ cream- doing fantastic but over the last 3 days Iíve definitely noticed increased flushing. Over the past 5 years or so I must say the flushing didnít occur that often- it was more a general look of spots/bites/pustules/flaking. I now believe that was entirely due to demodex mites. Those symptoms started for me years after the initial cheek pinkness, and were very different from rosacea flushing. The texture of my skin had changed drastically, and now thanks to the ZZ cream my skin feels amazing and all of the demodex symptoms are gone. But it does seem the flushing has increased. This may be part of the healing process- not really sure. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this in the 4th week of ZZ? I know the cream will take several months to fully resolve the mites. I guess Iím wondering if the flushing is caused by something else, totally unrelated demodex. Thoughts?

So Iím on day 23 of ZZ cream- doing fantastic but over the last 3 days Iíve definitely noticed increased flushing. Over the past 5 years or so I must say the flushing didnít occur that often- it was more a general look of spots/bites/pustules/flaking. I now believe that was entirely due to demodex mites. Those symptoms started for me years after the initial cheek pinkness, and were very different from rosacea flushing. The texture of my skin had changed drastically, and now thanks to the ZZ cream my skin feels amazing and all of the demodex symptoms are gone. But it does seem the flushing has increased. This may be part of the healing process- not really sure. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this in the 4th week of ZZ? I know the cream will take several months to fully resolve the mites. I guess Iím wondering if the flushing is caused by something else, totally unrelated demodex. Thoughts?
    Hello RV!

Very pleased that you have had such good results!
    As a flusher (neuropathic rosacea) this certainly is a potent cream (born out by the good results many of us are getting!).

Perhaps reduce your application amount (very diluted) or reduced the times you apply it, you certainly don't want to increase your sensitivity!

J

*LDN since October 2018.

PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT