Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Started ZZ Cream today (with Pic)

Quote Originally Posted by redvelvet View Post
    Brady,
    I completely agree with you and I had also read that article about chemicals in skin care products causing allergic reactions. Most products we buy at stores and put on our delicate skin are full of chemicals we've never heard of. Of course our skin reacts to them. You can't fool Mother Nature. My client in question uses a lot of heavy makeup and expensive facial products which I imagine are making the situation worse. She does not believe that rosacea is gut related and she uses prescribed medications for pretty much every ailment. She is not willing to change any aspect of her diet and she does not want to change her current moisturizers/cleansers. I think she was trying the ZZ cream because NOTHING else had worked and she was shocked to see the improvement which took place the first week. I do feel the reaction she described was due to the sulfur (I don't really know how thickly she was applying the cream) and I am hoping it improves in a few days. She really wants to continue the treatment, because it is the only thing that has ever helped her. Personally I have come to the conclusion that rosacea treatment (for me) involves 3 parts: gut health, ZZ cream, and chemical free/pure facial products. Has anyone tried pure aloe on their face as a moisturizer? Coconut oil doesn't really moisturize enough for me and I'm looking into other natural alternatives. Any suggestions?
    Many recommend Rose Hip Oil.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Many recommend Rose Hip Oil.
    So you recommend using this instead of moisturiser?
    Funnily enough I was looking at this
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...Q0LKBIKZ&psc=1
    Always scared of oil having SD as well
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=rosehip...ref=nb_sb_noss
    Lots to chose from some say it’s not quite moisturising on its own. I know the Ordinary do one but I didn’t try that. I’ve tried jojoba oil with not great Success.
    Last edited by Rubydo1; 6th January 2020 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    So you recommend using this instead of moisturiser?
    Funnily enough I was looking at this
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...Q0LKBIKZ&psc=1
    Always scared of oil having SD as well
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=rosehip...ref=nb_sb_noss
    Lots to chose from some say it’s not quite moisturising on its own. I know the Ordinary do one but I didn’t try that. I’ve tried jojoba oil with not great Success.
    I have oily skin and don't need a moisturizer. However, if you type in rose hip oil in the RF search box you will find many have recommended using it for dry skin along with a number of other recommendations. Rose Hip Oil keeps coming up as one of recommendations over and over again. For example, redhotz in this thread about the ZZ cream at post no 26 states, "ZZ is drying, so I apply about 4 drops of Rose Hip Oil to a damp face in the morning (after washing with the Acarid soap) and this provides a good amount of moisture for the day. If my face is extra dry, I will add a few drops of Emu Oil over that. For me, the need to moisturise more is brilliant, as my face is oil-prone."

As for moisturizers, every time I see a recommended anecdotal report on a moisturizer I add it to this list of moisturizers.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 6th January 2020 at 02:04 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

zz cream is drying I wonder if I could apply oil in my case grapeseed oil after zz cream or if that would neutral any effect...

I have oily skin and don't need a moisturizer. However, if you type in rose hip oil in the RF search box you will find many have recommended using it for dry skin along with a number of other recommendations. Rose Hip Oil keeps coming up as one of recommendations over and over again. For example, redhotz in this thread about the ZZ cream at post no 26 states, "ZZ is drying, so I apply about 4 drops of Rose Hip Oil to a damp face in the morning (after washing with the Acarid soap) and this provides a good amount of moisture for the day. If my face is extra dry, I will add a few drops of Emu Oil over that. For me, the need to moisturise more is brilliant, as my face is oil-prone."

As for moisturizers, every time I see a recommended anecdotal report on a moisturizer I add it to this list of moisturizers.
    Hi Brady, unfortunately most of the moisturisers not available in the UK .
    Great site though. Iím reading through your book again very interesting.
    Is there an alternative to zz cream if it is too drying ?

Hi Brady, unfortunately most of the moisturisers not available in the UK .
    Great site though. Iím reading through your book again very interesting.
    Is there an alternative to zz cream if it is too drying ?
    The list of alternative non prescription over the counter treatments for the ZZ cream is overwhelming. A significant number of treatments for rosacea have the side effect of dryness, i.e., topical sulphur such as Prosacea. Even Manuka Honey topical treatments (example this one or the actual honey) have a drying effect.

It would seem logical that a rosacea oil treatment may be better for those who have issues with using the ZZ cream who complain of dry skin or just use the ZZ cream at night and apply a rosacea oil treatment during the day, i.e., Forces of Nature Rosacea Control which contains rose hip oil, lavandin oil, niaouli oil, chamomile oil, tamanu oil, sea buckthorn oil and sesame oil.

There is a product that may work for dryness yet is also a demodectic treatment, Xin Fumanling Cream. There are few anecdotal reports with Xin Fumanling Cream (did a search here at RF and very few if any) except for those at the Demodex Solutions forum which is currently undergoing some issues accessing it. Walter indicated to me his website crashed and he is recovering from this disaster as much as he can. I remember that some have reported using the ZZ cream at night and the Xin Fumanling Cream during the day as a moisturizer.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

The list of alternative non prescription over the counter treatments for the ZZ cream is overwhelming. A significant number of treatments for rosacea have the side effect of dryness, i.e., topical sulphur such as Prosacea. Even Manuka Honey topical treatments (example this one or the actual honey) have a drying effect.

It would seem logical that a rosacea oil treatment may be better for those who have issues with using the ZZ cream who complain of dry skin or just use the ZZ cream at night and apply a rosacea oil treatment during the day, i.e., Forces of Nature Rosacea Control which contains rose hip oil, lavandin oil, niaouli oil, chamomile oil, tamanu oil, sea buckthorn oil and sesame oil.

There is a product that may work for dryness yet is also a demodectic treatment, Xin Fumanling Cream. There are few anecdotal reports with Xin Fumanling Cream (did a search here at RF and very few if any) except for those at the Demodex Solutions forum which is currently undergoing some issues accessing it. Walter indicated to me his website crashed and he is recovering from this disaster as much as he can. I remember that some have reported using the ZZ cream at night and the Xin Fumanling Cream during the day as a moisturizer.
    I think I’m in trouble with my skin my lips and mouth has been burning for some time and it’s spreading beyond the lips now and I’m getting blisters . The zz cream is way to harsh for my skin. I feel so fed up .
    I don’t know what to do now my skin can’t tolerate harsh treatments and I’ve already done soolantra . And I can’t have antibiotics.

I think Iím in trouble with my skin my lips and mouth has been burning for some time and itís spreading beyond the lips now and Iím getting blisters . The zz cream is way to harsh for my skin. I feel so fed up .
    I donít know what to do now my skin canít tolerate harsh treatments and Iíve already done soolantra . And I canít have antibiotics.
    Sometimes it is possible to simply over treat your skin, especially if your skin is sensitive. You may simply need to let your skin heal on its own and stop applying anything to your face. Maybe just some cool, clean, distilled water. After a few days you can then try again, diluting the ZZ cream with distilled water.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

I think Iím in trouble with my skin my lips and mouth has been burning for some time and itís spreading beyond the lips now and Iím getting blisters . The zz cream is way to harsh for my skin. I feel so fed up .
    I donít know what to do now my skin canít tolerate harsh treatments and Iíve already done soolantra . And I canít have antibiotics.
    I've found this particular tea tree oil toothpaste very good to avoid mouth ulcers and sore mouth:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Desert-Esse...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Anyone tried ZZ cream for the scalp? I have a shampoo with selenium and sulfur for that but I wouldn't mind trying ZZ cream for that too !!

It seems a lot of people use Tamanu oil too
    Last edited by opare; 7th January 2020 at 10:28 AM.