Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Started ZZ Cream today (with Pic)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    Oh my word no wonder Iíve been having issues
    LANOLIN itís the one thing Iím 100 % allergic too I was hospital tested.
    This is the problem when you buy things that have not got full ingredients list.
    A lot of people are allergic to lanolin itís a known allergen for people with sensitivity.
    So people that are struggling might be allergic to the lanolin.
    Right so I donít know what Iím going to do now.

Plus Sodium Lauryl Sulfate in the cosmetic version????
    A dermatologist did advise me to avoid lanolin a long time ago due to its potential to cause acne. However, I've had no problem with Zhongzhou cream. Neals Yard essential oils are good as alternatives to treat the demodex mites. I'm not sure what oils you've tried to treat the mites with yet?

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    A dermatologist did advise me to avoid lanolin a long time ago due to its potential to cause acne. However, I've had no problem with Zhongzhou cream. are good as alternatives to treat the demodex mites. I'm not sure what oils you've tried to treat the mites with yet?
    I was patch tested and lanolin and nickel was the ones I was 100% allergic to.

Iím using sebclair cream at the moment as my Seborrhoeic Dermatitis was getting bad probably due to barrier breakdown. It has piroctone olamine in. My skin seems to tolerate it. I think this can kill mites.
    Which Neals Yard essential oils ?

Another question is vitamins Iím going to change my vitamins as Iím taking a multivitamin.
    And I was vit D deficient. And folic acid deficient. Iím changing to lichen derived vit D as normal vitamin D is lanolin derived. Iíve ordered zinc magnesium and calcium. And probably a b complex.
    Is there any other vitamins I should take ?

I was patch tested and lanolin and nickel was the ones I was 100% allergic to.

Iím using sebclair cream at the moment as my Seborrhoeic Dermatitis was getting bad probably due to barrier breakdown. It has piroctone olamine in. My skin seems to tolerate it. I think this can kill mites.
    Which Neals Yard essential oils ?

Another question is vitamins Iím going to change my vitamins as Iím taking a multivitamin.
    And I was vit D deficient. And folic acid deficient. Iím changing to lichen derived vit D as normal vitamin D is lanolin derived. Iíve ordered zinc magnesium and calcium. And probably a b complex.
    Is there any other vitamins I should take ?
    B Complex for sure and possibly B2 because most B Complex vitamins do not have B2. Maybe trace minerals? I know you can't get Standard Process where you are but you might want to try a liver or spleen detox vitamin. There must be a good vitamin company where you are that would have some knowledge about this.
    That's crazy about the lanolin. Makes sense, though, because it was almost like your skin was having an allergic reaction to the cream, even though the cream was killing the mites. We've got to find you something else to kill the demodex that won't irritate your face!

Ruby,
    Might want to read this post about nutritional deficiencies in rosacea.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog ē Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Ruby,
    Might want to read this post about nutritional deficiencies in rosacea.
    Thanks I have read it before. I take a multivitamin. I donít think Iím absorbing food very well.
    Iím on Low FODMAP and have very little to no gluten and no sugar. Iím taking some sibo antibiotics at the moment. Then Iím gonna blast with some vsl3 probiotics. Every time I mention low stomach acid the doctors poo poo it. But when I was prescribed antacids I got really ill. I was diagnosed with Gastritis after antibiotics so thatís why they put me on antacids. But they wonít test for low stomach acid. So donít know what to do next. Thinks improved when I stopped all antacids.

Thanks I have read it before. I take a multivitamin. I don’t think I’m absorbing food very well.
    I’m on Low FODMAP and have very little to no gluten and no sugar. I’m taking some sibo antibiotics at the moment. Then I’m gonna blast with some vsl3 probiotics. Every time I mention low stomach acid the doctors poo poo it. But when I was prescribed antacids I got really ill. I was diagnosed with Gastritis after antibiotics so that’s why they put me on antacids. But they won’t test for low stomach acid. So don’t know what to do next. Thinks improved when I stopped all antacids.
    You may want to question Leonard Weinstock, MD, who may answer your questions since he volunteers on the RRDi MAC, posting your question in this category. Dr. Weinstock is a Gastroenterologist who received a grant through the RRDi/Galderma for his contribution into GUT Rosacea. Dr. Weinstock wrote a paper, Rosacea and SIBO and is an expert in low dose naltrexone (LDN) treatment.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 1st February 2020 at 01:48 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog ē Join the RRDi

[QUOTE=redvelvet;352284]B Complex for sure and possibly B2 because most B Complex vitamins do not have B2. Maybe trace minerals? I know you can't get Standard Process where you are but you might want to try a liver or spleen detox vitamin. There must be a good vitamin company where you are that would have some knowledge about this.

Just wanted to post an update about where to get supplements. I know a lot of you have tried to get Standard Process but unfortunately they cannot sell their products outside the US. Another excellent alternative is Metagenics. Their products are very high quality and should be available in Canada and Europe. The supplements you would be looking for that I found to be most helpful would be B2 and magnesium. Metagenics makes a B-Complex that has a good amount of B2 called Glycogenics. They also make an excellent magnesium product called Mag Glycinate which is highly absorbable, even for those with low stomach acidity or whose gut may be compromised. I am still searching their product database to find a good spleen detox, but I will update as soon as possible. Note: Metagenics are sold through medical professionals or on their website. In order to buy on their website you need a Provider Code which I am happy to share, I just cannot publish it. Please contact me if you need it!

Default Update: 4 Months of ZZ/gut health and all clear :)

Hi Everyone!
    It's been 2 months since my last update to my thread. When I started this thread back in December I was flailing, to say the least. I was desperate to find an answer, and I'm happy to say I did. This website has been an amazing resource of scientific data, good advice and people who share a common goal. I just wanted to share some info that may be helpful to those just starting their journey, or those still struggling to find answers. Here's what I've learned based on my own experience and the success of several people I've worked with: addressing your rosacea both internally and externally is your best bet for success. I only used ZZ cream as my external form of treatment because I'd had it with medications that made it so much worse, and I was afraid to try lasers. I know meds and lasers help many people, but I wanted to try natural treatments first to address demodex. Luckily ZZ is quite remarkable and I had amazing success treating the marks, bumps, pustules, papules, enlarged pores and sandpaper like feel of my skin. It helped quite a lot with the redness too, but I'm pretty convinced that the flushing was due to gut and liver issues, as well as spleen. I'm happy to say I haven't flushed in quite sometime now, maybe months. Gut issues take much longer to heal than demodex mites, in my experience. I started my gut health program back in November after reading a lot of books about gut health being the underlying issue for so many health conditions including thyroid, IBS, migraines, skin conditions, autoimmune disorders, etc. I started by doing a 30 day cleanse which involved cutting out sugar, gluten, dairy, soy, and including pro/prebiotics, digestive enzymes, greens, and fiber. While this was helpful, it didn't do a lot to change my rosacea status. Around the time I started the ZZ cream (December) I also started doing some specific detoxes which are almost necessary after doing any kind of diet, cleanse or if you lose a significant amount of weight. If you don't do a targeted cleanse for the liver, kidney and spleen, the toxins tend to stay there, often overloading these organs and making the situation worse. When I did the spleen detox, I experienced 3 days of severe joint pain (basically a Herx reaction) and at first I thought it was due to the ZZ cream, but luckily Brady reminded me I was also taking Spleen Desiccated. I just hadn't realized how powerful it could be or how many toxins my body was holding onto. A few weeks later I started doing some heavy metal detoxes and within a week or so my silver and gold jewelry started tarnishing every few days to the point where I had to constantly clean it. At the time I also thought this was somehow related to the ZZ cream, but now I know it was actually from all the toxins coming out through my skin (!!!!). Crazy, right? Honestly if it hadn't happened to me I probably wouldn't believe it. So this went on throughout January and February, and sometime in March my jewelry stopped turning black. My skin no longer flushes, my thyroid has regulated, my asthma went away, and I haven't taken an Advil or Zyrtec in about two months. I started this journey to heal my rosacea, and I ended up healing much more than that. Rosacea was just the tip of the iceberg. I see my rosacea as a warning that my body was giving me, that if I didn't change my diet, heal my gut, detox my liver, and BREATH, my health problems would have continued.

I hope this can be helpful to some of you. I continue to believe that rosacea can be healed when addressed both internally and externally. Please keep researching and learning!!

Quote Originally Posted by redvelvet View Post
    <snip>
    Well done, that's great to hear.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!