Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 107

Thread: Started ZZ Cream today (with Pic)

  1. #41
    Senior Member Brady Barrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Centre, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    4,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redvelvet View Post
    So...… I am still doing great and my skin is tolerating the ZZ cream extremely well. However, I have now gotten 3 people I know on the ZZ cream and one in particular is on day 9 and she is noticing "wrinkley/droopy skin" around her eyes as well as swelling/burning/increased redness on the rest of her face. She initially had fantastic improvement, up to about day 7. I have educated her on the die-off during the second and third weeks but she wants to take a break due to tenderness on her face and a "sunburned" feeling. I am hoping this feeling goes away in a few days once she stops use, and then she would like to continue once/day with the very diluted cream. I never experienced this, but reading through multiple posts it does sound common. My question is: does this burning/tenderness/sunburned feeling come from die-off or come from using the cream too often? Perhaps the sulfur in the cream is too strong for some skin? I also was curious about her description of her delicate skin under her eyes. She has not been putting the cram on this skin but she doesn't understand why it looks different. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks everyone!
    When I get the ZZ cream near my eyes it causes tearing so I am very careful when applying around the eyes. Never noticed any "wrinkley/droopy skin". It is quite possible that your client might be sensitive to the ZZ cream and should not apply it every day. As with any treatment for rosacea, some simply react differently. But a significant number of rosaceans respond well to the ZZ cream. I have written a post on the subject, When Rosacea Resists Standard Therapies.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 4th January 2020 at 01:17 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    354
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redvelvet View Post
    So...… I am still doing great and my skin is tolerating the ZZ cream extremely well. However, I have now gotten 3 people I know on the ZZ cream and one in particular is on day 9 and she is noticing "wrinkley/droopy skin" around her eyes as well as swelling/burning/increased redness on the rest of her face. She initially had fantastic improvement, up to about day 7. I have educated her on the die-off during the second and third weeks but she wants to take a break due to tenderness on her face and a "sunburned" feeling. I am hoping this feeling goes away in a few days once she stops use, and then she would like to continue once/day with the very diluted cream. I never experienced this, but reading through multiple posts it does sound common. My question is: does this burning/tenderness/sunburned feeling come from die-off or come from using the cream too often? Perhaps the sulfur in the cream is too strong for some skin? I also was curious about her description of her delicate skin under her eyes. She has not been putting the cram on this skin but she doesn't understand why it looks different. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks everyone!
    I skip eye area just do face and eyebrows then a bit of moisturiser around the eye. Skin is thin around this area and no large pores . I wipe eyelashes usually when I get up in the night for the toilet with Optase teatree wipes. I figurer this is when the mites are out anyway so best time to do it. I’m getting some red marks on my face today like irritation but my face hasn’t been itching as much. Really hope my skin can tolerate the zz cream long term .

  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    81
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    When I get the ZZ cream near my eyes it causes tearing so I am very careful when applying around the eyes. Never noticed any "wrinkley/droopy skin". It is quite possible that your client might be sensitive to the ZZ cream and should not apply it every day. As with any treatment for rosacea, some simply react differently. But a significant number of rosaceans respond well to the ZZ cream. I have written a post on the subject, When Rosacea Resists Standard Therapies.
    Great thank you for the advice. I figured you'd heard of all the strange side effects!!

  4. #44
    Senior Member Brady Barrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Centre, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    4,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redvelvet View Post
    Great thank you for the advice. I figured you'd heard of all the strange side effects!!
    There are a significant number of threads started discussing the ZZ cream in RF. Probably one of the better ones is this one started by Akas (who hasn't posted since June 2008 and only posted a total of 21 posts) that triggered eleven pages of user experience with the ZZ cream. If you went through all the threads found here on RF about the ZZ cream it would take you hours to read through all of them for the side effects users have reported. Of course RedRecluse is our resident ZZ cream fanboy who illicits a lot of posts from users about side effects.

    One of the issues when reporting side effects of using the ZZ cream is how do you rule out other factors that may be triggering the side effect? For example, what the complainer of the side effect ingested in the last 24 to 36 hours, or what chemicals may the complainer have been exposed to in the last 24 hours, or what stressful situations may have precipitated or contributed to the side effect. When a complainer is also using a moisturizer along with the ZZ cream, has the moisturizer been ruled out of the equation that it is NOT causing the side effect? What about the synergistic effect of using the ZZ cream along with what ever one is also using to treat rosacea? This recent post explains that it can be quite 'mysterious' why some respond with serous side effects and others rave about a treatment.

    The most common side effects of using the ZZ cream are tearing of the eyes, the drying of the skin, and it gets worse before it gets better.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 4th January 2020 at 07:22 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    220
    Country: Switzerland

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    There are a significant number of threads started discussing the ZZ cream in RF. Probably one of the better ones is this one started by Akas (who hasn't posted since June 2008 and only posted a total of 21 posts) that triggered eleven pages of user experience with the ZZ cream. If you went through all the threads found here on RF about the ZZ cream it would take you hours to read through all of them for the side effects users have reported. Of course RedRecluse is our resident ZZ cream fanboy who illicits a lot of posts from users about side effects.

    One of the issues when reporting side effects of using the ZZ cream is how do you rule out other factors that may be triggering the side effect? For example, what the complainer of the side effect ingested in the last 24 to 36 hours, or what chemicals may the complainer have been exposed to in the last 24 hours, or what stressful situations may have precipitated or contributed to the side effect. When a complainer is also using a moisturizer along with the ZZ cream, has the moisturizer been ruled out of the equation that it is NOT causing the side effect? What about the synergistic effect of using the ZZ cream along with what ever one is also using to treat rosacea? This recent post explains that it can be quite 'mysterious' why some respond with serous side effects and others rave about a treatment.

    The most common side effects of using the ZZ cream are tearing of the eyes, the drying of the skin, and it gets worse before it gets better.
    you said you have oily skin. Do you think ZZ cream has helped a bit with that or not at all?

  6. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    81
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    There are a significant number of threads started discussing the ZZ cream in RF. Probably one of the better ones is this one started by Akas (who hasn't posted since June 2008 and only posted a total of 21 posts) that triggered eleven pages of user experience with the ZZ cream. If you went through all the threads found here on RF about the ZZ cream it would take you hours to read through all of them for the side effects users have reported. Of course RedRecluse is our resident ZZ cream fanboy who illicits a lot of posts from users about side effects.

    One of the issues when reporting side effects of using the ZZ cream is how do you rule out other factors that may be triggering the side effect? For example, what the complainer of the side effect ingested in the last 24 to 36 hours, or what chemicals may the complainer have been exposed to in the last 24 hours, or what stressful situations may have precipitated or contributed to the side effect. When a complainer is also using a moisturizer along with the ZZ cream, has the moisturizer been ruled out of the equation that it is NOT causing the side effect? What about the synergistic effect of using the ZZ cream along with what ever one is also using to treat rosacea? This recent post explains that it can be quite 'mysterious' why some respond with serous side effects and others rave about a treatment.

    The most common side effects of using the ZZ cream are tearing of the eyes, the drying of the skin, and it gets worse before it gets better.
    Brady,
    I completely agree with you and I had also read that article about chemicals in skin care products causing allergic reactions. Most products we buy at stores and put on our delicate skin are full of chemicals we've never heard of. Of course our skin reacts to them. You can't fool Mother Nature. My client in question uses a lot of heavy makeup and expensive facial products which I imagine are making the situation worse. She does not believe that rosacea is gut related and she uses prescribed medications for pretty much every ailment. She is not willing to change any aspect of her diet and she does not want to change her current moisturizers/cleansers. I think she was trying the ZZ cream because NOTHING else had worked and she was shocked to see the improvement which took place the first week. I do feel the reaction she described was due to the sulfur (I don't really know how thickly she was applying the cream) and I am hoping it improves in a few days. She really wants to continue the treatment, because it is the only thing that has ever helped her. Personally I have come to the conclusion that rosacea treatment (for me) involves 3 parts: gut health, ZZ cream, and chemical free/pure facial products. Has anyone tried pure aloe on their face as a moisturizer? Coconut oil doesn't really moisturize enough for me and I'm looking into other natural alternatives. Any suggestions?

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,000

    Default

    I think using a water-wet finger and applying Zhongzhou cream every 2-3 days is enough for some people especially after a week or two - there are quite a lot of people who mention this on other threads about the ZZ cream. I apply a watery application of it every day. It is possible to have too much of a good thing!

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,666
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    I think using a water-wet finger and applying Zhongzhou cream every 2-3 days is enough for some people especially after a week or two - there are quite a lot of people who mention this on other threads about the ZZ cream. I apply a watery application of it every day. It is possible to have too much of a good thing!
    I too apply it everyday on a damp face with a watery finger, sometimes with a moisturiser underneath and I haven't really experienced too much of a drying effect.

    It has certainly improved the texture, colour (much less redness) and overall look of my skin.
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.


    *Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.



    *LDN since October 2018.

    *REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

    *Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

    *Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

    * RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).



    History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT






    .

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    354
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redvelvet View Post
    Brady,
    I completely agree with you and I had also read that article about chemicals in skin care products causing allergic reactions. Most products we buy at stores and put on our delicate skin are full of chemicals we've never heard of. Of course our skin reacts to them. You can't fool Mother Nature. My client in question uses a lot of heavy makeup and expensive facial products which I imagine are making the situation worse. She does not believe that rosacea is gut related and she uses prescribed medications for pretty much every ailment. She is not willing to change any aspect of her diet and she does not want to change her current moisturizers/cleansers. I think she was trying the ZZ cream because NOTHING else had worked and she was shocked to see the improvement which took place the first week. I do feel the reaction she described was due to the sulfur (I don't really know how thickly she was applying the cream) and I am hoping it improves in a few days. She really wants to continue the treatment, because it is the only thing that has ever helped her. Personally I have come to the conclusion that rosacea treatment (for me) involves 3 parts: gut health, ZZ cream, and chemical free/pure facial products. Has anyone tried pure aloe on their face as a moisturizer? Coconut oil doesn't really moisturize enough for me and I'm looking into other natural alternatives. Any suggestions?
    I agree also my skin seems to react to everything at the moment ant our skin knows when we are putting chemicals on. Iíve always had sensitive skin but Iím really struggling even with the skin on my hands and body. Cerave moisturising lotion is hydrating my skin but I can tell itís not completely happy with it . But I canít find anything else and all Derms seem to suggest is Cerave.

    How long do you think I should use zz for before skipping a day.

  10. #50
    Senior Member Brady Barrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Centre, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    4,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by opare View Post
    you said you have oily skin. Do you think ZZ cream has helped a bit with that or not at all?
    Yes. it works perfect for me since I benefit from the drying effect. I have no complaints with this effect.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Similar Threads

  1. Will begin using Soolantra cream today 3-19-15
    By terrieb in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 1st August 2015, 09:13 PM
  2. PLEASE HELP!! :( What does this look like??? (Pic)
    By confusedloner in forum Photos
    Replies: 325
    Last Post: 3rd March 2015, 11:04 PM
  3. pic what is this?
    By nemesis in forum Photos
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 15th March 2010, 08:20 PM
  4. My Pic
    By clfergus in forum Photos
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 1st June 2009, 07:37 PM
  5. My pic
    By jennfran in forum Meta-forum discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 26th October 2007, 05:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •