Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stop facial warmth

Default Stop facial warmth

Morning all from the uk.

Quick one, a few months ago I was prescribed soolantra and oral Lymecycline and to finish the course.

Now the soolantra was making my face massively red (especially the t zone)

And as of today I have decided to come off the lymecycline as my face is always burning hot.

I do put Brimonidine (Mirvaso) on my face to calm the angry red and if I go out put some make up on my nose (its embarrassing and Iím a 32 year old male)

I have never felt it get so angry red when I donít put any of the two on my face

Is there anything that can be recommended to cool my face and stop the angry red?

Hopefully something that I can get without waiting to see my dermatologist or doctor

Any help is so much appreciated

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by TSW1988 View Post
    Morning all from the uk.

Quick one, a few months ago I was prescribed soolantra and oral Lymecycline and to finish the course.

And as of today I have decided to come off the lymecycline as my face is always burning hot.

I do put Brimonidine (Mirvaso) on my face to calm the angry red and if I go out put some make up on my nose (its embarrassing and Iím a 32 year old male)

I have never felt it get so angry red when I donít put any of the two on my face

Is there anything that can be recommended to cool my face and stop the angry red?

Hopefully something that I can get without waiting to see my dermatologist or doctor

Tom
    I would be very careful with Mirvaso as a lot of people say it causes them rebound redness and permanent worse flushing. I find using Zhongzhou cream available from www.demodex.co.uk reduces the redness on my nose significantly - definitely worth considering.

Efracea may be a better option for the antibiotics.

Morning all from the uk.

Tom
    are you sure its the soolantra thats making you red ? i use it and find it calming for my skin ... i would look at other thing you are eating or taking that might be causing redness...

ps nice work ant for slipping another advert for zz cream in your reply !

Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    are you sure its the soolantra thats making you red ? i use it and find it calming for my skin ... i would look at other thing you are eating or taking that might be causing redness...

Have you tried Zhongzhou cream Boris? I used to use Soolantra but it stopped working. It's important people are aware of low risk options that are very helpful for rosacea. Many people are successfully using Zhongzhou on this board.

Default Mirvaso

Mirvaso (brimonodine) has been discussed in several threads here at RF about rebound, i.e. The King of Mirvaso Threads, the Queen of Mirvaso Threads. The RRDi started a list of negative anecdotal reports of using Mirvaso and stopped after 262 reports (if one continues to add the reports it would be in the thousands). While there are some positive reports using Mirvaso, the vast number of negative reports are significant enough that anyone who isn't aware of rosacea rebound might find out later that taking Mirvaso has this risk. What some have recommended to cool the face is spray mists. Others have recommended probiotics.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog ē Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Mirvaso (brimonodine) has been discussed in several threads here at RF about rebound, i.e. The King of Mirvaso Threads, the Queen of Mirvaso Threads. The RRDi started a list of negative anecdotal reports of using Mirvaso and stopped after 262 reports (if one continues to add the reports it would be in the thousands). While there are some positive reports using Mirvaso, the vast number of negative reports are significant enough that anyone who isn't aware of rosacea rebound might find out later that taking Mirvaso has this risk. What some have recommended to cool the face is spray mists. Others have recommended probiotics.
    Thank you

[QUOTE=antwantsclear;352850]I would be very careful with Mirvaso as a lot of people say it causes them rebound redness and permanent worse flushing. I find using Zhongzhou cream available from www.demodex.co.uk reduces the redness on my nose significantly - definitely worth considering.

Efracea may be a better option for the antibiotics.[/Jesus

Thanks for this wonder how much it would be

Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post

Yeah along with the tablets they gave me I feel like my face can become redder.

I was having to wake up at half 5 in hr morning to check my face and half the time Iíd wash it off and use mirvaso to calm me down

Had a breakout again today in work, but never used to have this until before Xmas

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    I would be very careful with Mirvaso as a lot of people say it causes them rebound redness and permanent worse flushing. I find using Zhongzhou cream available from www.demodex.co.uk reduces the redness on my nose significantly - definitely worth considering.

Efracea may be a better option for the antibiotics.
    Is this the one?

https://demodex.co.uk/product/zinc-o...mate-ointment/

Yeah that's right. Efracea is about £30 a month I think, unless you get it on NHS prescription in UK. It may be more in other countries.

I see you are in the UK, so you should be able to get Efracea on prescription if you find a good GP - it is licensed for rosacea, unlike many of the treatments people take for the condition, which means there's no good reason your GP shouldn't consider you for it.
    Last edited by antwantsclear; 17th March 2020 at 09:34 PM.