Thread: My third full face vBeam/Laser/PDL following Mirvaso skin damage

Default My third full face vBeam/Laser/PDL following Mirvaso skin damage

I think this may be my final Vbeam, as the areas that tend to go red have shrunk down quite a bit, compared to what my face looked like in May 2017, following the use of Mirvaso gel. The treatment was performed in Nottingham near to where I live on November 15th 2019.

Right after the treatment I iced it, then used Hyaluronic Acid, moisteriser, Niacinamid and a later of Vaseline. I intend to keep using the Vaseline, daily, for about 4 weeks.

Hopefully I'll get no whiteheads and the occlusive nature of Vaseline will speed healing more so than usual.

Vbeam uses a wavelength of 595nm, so I think once this is healed, assuming it blanches the skin, I hope to return to using 20% Azelaic Acid because I think that has helped me over the last 5 months I've used it.

The derm didn't want to treat my forehead, so I'll go to plan B, which is to get Adapalene 0.1% on the NHS. I've never used Mirvaso on my forehead, by the way, which is probably why it looks better than the rest of my face. I just want to improve my forehead in the wake of acne PIE marks, uneven skintone, wrinkles, texture and occasionaly flushing.

If I am to have any more vascular laser on the nose, cheeks, temples and jaw as shown in this video, it will be from the Cutera Excel V on the 532nm wavelength.

There's also IPL as another future option. I had one IPL in November 2017 and an improvement was slightly noticeable.

I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.

Glad to see you're improving. Can you explain why you might try the Cutera next?

Quote Originally Posted by jrlhamcat2 View Post
    Glad to see you're improving. Can you explain why you might try the Cutera next?
    Because the wavelength is shorter and less invasive, there don't have to be any gaps in the treatment sites and the downtime is apparently shorter.

The Vbeam (595nm) doctor possibly will refuse to treat me if I'm "okay" at baseline.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post
    Because the wavelength is shorter and less invasive, there don't have to be any gaps in the treatment sites and the downtime is apparently shorter.

The Vbeam (595nm) doctor possibly will refuse to treat me if I'm "okay" at baseline.
    That's an interesting point. I've seen a chart from Candela showing peak hemoglobin absorption around 595 nm, but hadn't considered other issues.

This is the machine i was treated by: https://candelamedical.com/int/blog/...ulse-dye-laser

This is the machine i was treated by: https://candelamedical.com/int/blog/...ulse-dye-laser
    So you got treated with the original Vbeam machine, not the Vbeam Perfecta (version 2) or Vbeam Prima (version 3)?

Quote Originally Posted by jrlhamcat2 View Post
    So you got treated with the original Vbeam machine, not the Vbeam Perfecta (version 2) or Vbeam Prima (version 3)?
    I'm pretty sure I was treated with the Perfecta, which is what I thought I was linking to.

I'm pretty sure I was treated with the Perfecta, which is what I thought I was linking to.
    sorry, you're right. the picture is the perfecta

Default Good luck!

I hope you get the result you are looking for!