Thread: Seb Derm, Thread Veins and Laser Treatment

Default Seb Derm, Thread Veins and Laser Treatment

Hello everyone.

Almost two years ago, I had a large, blotchy thread vein removed from my cheek with a HarmonyXL Pro laser. The treatment was a success, and after a few weeks of steady fading, it had cleared entirely. About a year later, when washing my face I noticed a small, red dot had reappeared in the same spot where the vein had been before. I didn't think much of it, until a couple of months later, when the spot suddenly seemed to get much worse.

I originally thought that it was seb derm, as I often suffered from red patches between my nose and cheek, so I applied Eucerin to it during the day and Dermol at night. That seemed to reduce the redness surrounding the spot, but unfortunately, the spot itself remained, and I quickly realised that it was another broken capillary.

What I would like to know is, can seb derm cause broken capillaries to appear? I have seen a lot of comments from people who say that thread veins reappear 1-2 years after IPL treatment anyway, so I'm not sure whether mine was triggered by the seb derm or if it happened naturally. The reason I want to know is because I am leaning towards having another go at laser treatment, but I don't want to go through with it unless I am reasonably confident that the thread vein was caused by the seb derm - which I have finally found a much better treatment for - rather than genetic factors - as I do have mild rosacea, though I am only 22 and all the other broken veins on my face are very small when compared to this one.

If anybody has any advice I'd greatly appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by chelseafan12 View Post
    Hello everyone.

Almost two years ago, I had a large, blotchy thread vein removed from my cheek with a HarmonyXL Pro laser. The treatment was a success, and after a few weeks of steady fading, it had cleared entirely. About a year later, when washing my face I noticed a small, red dot had reappeared in the same spot where the vein had been before. I didn't think much of it, until a couple of months later, when the spot suddenly seemed to get much worse.

I originally thought that it was seb derm, as I often suffered from red patches between my nose and cheek, so I applied Eucerin to it during the day and Dermol at night. That seemed to reduce the redness surrounding the spot, but unfortunately, the spot itself remained, and I quickly realised that it was another broken capillary.

What I would like to know is, can seb derm cause broken capillaries to appear? I have seen a lot of comments from people who say that thread veins reappear 1-2 years after IPL treatment anyway, so I'm not sure whether mine was triggered by the seb derm or if it happened naturally. The reason I want to know is because I am leaning towards having another go at laser treatment, but I don't want to go through with it unless I am reasonably confident that the thread vein was caused by the seb derm - which I have finally found a much better treatment for - rather than genetic factors - as I do have mild rosacea, though I am only 22 and all the other broken veins on my face are very small when compared to this one.

If anybody has any advice I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Most people need maintenance laser treatments about once a year. Capillaries are stubborn and have a tendency to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamoverton View Post
    Most people need maintenance laser treatments about once a year. Capillaries are stubborn and have a tendency to return.
    So even if I contain my seb derm, the thread veins will come back regardless? That's very frustrating.

I have a lot of thread veins on my face, but only a couple - in regions where my glasses are constantly applying pressure - that are even remotely comparable to this one. What is it about the veins in that very specific spot on my cheek that causes them to repeatedly break? I have no similar broken capillaries on my other cheek, or anywhere else on the same cheek for that matter. I don't even see people 3-4 times my age with a red spot as large as mine, and I'm only 22.